IGNORED

Who is the best striker the club has ever seen 70s - Present

MC11

24 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We’ve had some proper number 9s, but if I had to pick one it would be Latchford. 

Weird factoid for those too young to remember; Bob had two brothers, Peter and David, who were both top level goalkeepers at West Brom, Birmingham and Celtic during their careers. They must have had great fun in their garden as kids with Bob testing his siblings out!

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Weird factoid for those too young to remember; Bob had two brothers, Peter and David, who were both top level goalkeepers at West Brom, Birmingham and Celtic during their careers. They must have had great fun in their garden as kids with Bob testing his siblings out!

Didn’t know that, but you can see why they become good at there trade. 

Not seen enough of the good ones really. 

As I’m a similar age to Matt, it’s hard to argue against Rooney, Lukaku and Saha. I’d even be tempted to put Yakubu in there (pre injury).

I’d have loved to see Latchford, Sharpie, Grey and Lineker. I’m sure it’s not the same watching videos as seeing them in the flesh. 

43 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Sharp. One of the reasons I first supported the blues. 
Very underrated and could score a variety of goals. Watched him score a perfect hat trick as well, can’t remeber if it was against Norwich or Forest..... anyone remember it?

The four hat-tricks he got for us were against Newcastle, Southampton (4), Sheffield Wednesday and Wrexham so your mind is playing tricks I'm afraid.

https://www.toffeeweb.com/history/records/hatricks.asp

41 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Would I be right in saying the Sheffield Wednesday was a cup replay? 
suppose I could look this up, but trying not to cheat haha.

Was actually the third replay when we won 5-0 after three 1-1 draws. And it was indeed a "perfect" hat-trick, all in the first half.

20 hours ago, MikeO said:

Was actually the third replay when we won 5-0 after three 1-1 draws. And it was indeed a "perfect" hat-trick, all in the first half.

That’s the one, thanks for that mate.. just brought back a whole load of great memories.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Nobody has mentioned Cottee, he bagged plenty of goals, and a few hatricks, deserves a mention although not the best since 70s still an asset at the time. 

Disappointing start though, took him 34 matches seconds to get his first goal for us, and he only got another two that game.