IGNORED

Leeds United (Home) Saturday 28 November

markjazzbassist

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

We need to break a few eggs to make an omelette. We are not really going to firing properly until later in the season. Even in the first few games, the midfeild didn't actually flow that good as a unit, more individual playing well. We aslo got a little bit luck in a couple of those games. We let plenty of goals in aganist average teams. A new heart of a team along with key injuries means we will simply struggle to dominate games especially againt well organissd teams, Leeds played very well today. We had moments but as a 'team' we are not there yet. 

Unfortunately, it is playing time together that is needed in order to build good team dynamics and understanding - there is no substitute for this. Patience is what is really needed this season. 

I completely agree that they all need more time to gel, but Ancelotti’s selections recently aren't helping that. 

I agree that we were by no means perfect earlier in the season but we were a lot more cohesive than we are now. Lots of teams are dealing with injuries and we need to find a way of dealing with ours a lot better.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Just want to add, that despite the poor run of form were still 6th and 5 points off the top. Think most would’ve been happy with that start of the season 

Definately, I have seen enough good stuff so far this season to be believe we are now moving it the right direction with the player we have signed.

I am confident over the next month - 6 weeks our 'team' performances will steadily improve. Those painful international breaks are done and dusted now. They don't help. 

One of Leeds player commented after the game that their team had been two or three seasons in the making. And it showed - Leeds player just instinctively knew where their team mates would be on the pitch, you could see that was sometimes missing from our team, sometime we actually got in each others way.

In the moments we 'clicked' we actually looked good, we just need to see that being more instinctive. With the quality of player we have that I am sure this will develop nicely.

The only way Ancelloti is going to know how 3 at the back and different wingback combinations work is to try it out over a period of 3 or 4 games. 

I am quite happy to see this as a transitional season as Ancelloti rebuilds with his players - I actually like the fact of him probing different set ups with the players, rather than being to rigid to a system or philosophy.

We just need to be a bit careful over analysing individual games to much at the momnet while this team find it feet. There will be plenty of bumps in the road this season.

Watching it back numerous times I think (and it was my impression at the time as well) that Richarlison's disallowed goal actually got a last touch on Alioski's shoulder. If you look closely Richy heads it direct or even in a slight downward direction and then it pops up in a different looping trajectory.

If that happened (and as nobody else has suggested it maybe my mind is playing tricks) should the goal have stood? Guess you could argue that Godfrey was still offside for the header but he didn't interfere until after it came off a Leeds player.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Watching it back numerous times I think (and it was my impression at the time as well) that Richarlison's disallowed goal actually got a last touch on Alioski's shoulder. If you look closely Richy heads it direct or even in a slight downward direction and then it pops up in a different looping trajectory.

If that happened (and as nobody else has suggested it maybe my mind is playing tricks) should the goal have stood? Guess you could argue that Godfrey was still offside for the header but he didn't interfere until after it came off a Leeds player.

He was blocking the keeper before and after it touched (if it did) mate. Had no argument about that one once I’d seen the replay 

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

He was blocking the keeper before and after it touched (if it did) mate. Had no argument about that one once I’d seen the replay 

So if it had bounced off a Leeds head without Richy touching it would it still have been disallowed for offside then? I don't think I understand the rules any more.

It 100% came off Alioski btw, if you look at the replay along the goal-line from Bullens in slo-mo it's as clear as day.

23 hours ago, MikeO said:

So if it had bounced off a Leeds head without Richy touching it would it still have been disallowed for offside then? I don't think I understand the rules any more.

It 100% came off Alioski btw, if you look at the replay along the goal-line from Bullens in slo-mo it's as clear as day.

No, only when a player plays the ball forward can offside be called. 

If it came only off their player, then it’s a goal.

Because Richie hits it forward first, it’s offside at that moment. The subsequent touch from their player doesn’t matter as it’s always called on the first incident.

like when a player gets fouled and retaliates, he might get sent off, but his team still gets the free kick.