IGNORED

World Cup Qatar 2022

Well I never expected myself to be cheering Argentina on with such enthusiasm. They fully deserved the result last night and it was largely down to them why it was such a good final. 

Martinez save at the death was as good as any last minute winner we will ever see. As much as I would like one of our own to be coming away from the World Cup with an Award, that save alone deserved the golden glove - it essentially won a World Cup.

Ronaldo is having one stinker of a year - last nights result put to bed any argument of who is the GOAT. 

I never expected to cheer on Argentina either so when Messi tucked away that first penalty I felt a bit dirty for little yelp that snuck out!

What a final though. Argentina were brilliant, they just ran out of a bit of steam in that second half before coming back in extra time. France were desperately poor again but almost won it at the death. The amount of talent they have is frightening and if they find a new manager that can help them put it all together they will win plenty more tournaments.