IGNORED

World Cup Qatar 2022

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I don't get the fuss. The rule as I understand it is if the whole ball crosses the line, no mention of touching it. It's not completely crossed the line so it's not counted. It's that simple. 

No fuss now, @Matt. Nothing to see. There was a line in the sand and we've now all crossed it. All of us. 🙂

45 minutes ago, Formby said:

No fuss now, @Matt. Nothing to see. There was a line in the sand and we've now all crossed it. All of us. 🙂

Completely over this line in the sand? :P

I wasn't making a direct comment to anyone here, it's all over social media like LinkedIn, people taking about perspectives and stuff and it's gotten farcical over there. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Oh 100% accurate. I'm always sad when I see that FOX has the rights to anything football-related, as I know it means I have to hear Lalas. It's been rough. 

Would love to see NBC get the rights to the WC, their team of Rebecca Lowe, Tim Howard, Robbie Mustoe, Robbie Earle, Graeme Le Saux and Peter Drury is excellent. 

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Oh 100% accurate. I'm always sad when I see that FOX has the rights to anything football-related, as I know it means I have to hear Lalas. It's been rough. 

Would love to see NBC get the rights to the WC, their team of Rebecca Lowe, Tim Howard, Robbie Mustoe, Robbie Earle, Graeme Le Saux and Peter Drury is excellent. 

I absolutely cannot stand Lalas. I cringe whenever he is on. 

52 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Morocco, WOW! Spain out after some weak penalties.

Hoping the Swiss get a win against Portugal later. 

Just went online to see the score. Well done to Morocco. It's a big positive for Africa, a region that's mad keen on football and deserves to see more success.

While BBC commentators are criticizing Spain and waxing lyrical about England, there's not much difference IMO. If it hadn't been for Jordan Pickford's fabulous save in the first half, Senegal would have had momentum and the outcome might well have been different. The Spain result shows the vulnerability of European teams that just assume they'll win.

4 minutes ago, Formby said:

I'm sure they didn't assume that. They had just been beaten by Japan.

I think it shows the vulnerability of European teams who just aren't that good any more!

Well done to Morocco.  

To be fair, their second team was beaten by Japan - whom they showed no respect. They (wrongly assumed they) were through already and didn't seem to care too much about that game.

The real irony of those final games in Spain's group is that Germany had to win to send Spain through and Spain had to win to send Germany through. How often does that happen?

On 04/12/2022 at 23:50, Hafnia said:

The way she greeted mbappes goal…. Just unbelievably sad. I pine for the iconic sounds of motson and Davies…. They knew how to express the joy of a goal.  

Complete difference this evening with professional ITV commentary and celebrating the goals scored.