IGNORED

World Cup Qatar 2022

Wales were very poor. It's such a shame they didn't compete four years ago when their squad was much stronger. The US team seems very average, but they did enough to win their needle match against Iran. England was fortunate to be placed in a comparatively easy group. After the first match, I thought they were playing well, but they were atrocious against the US. Which England will show up against Senegal?

Personally, I don't see England among the favorites, despite all the hyperventilating at the BBC site. Brazil, Spain, and France are the cream of the crop, with Portugal close behind. I don't agree with the pundits praising Argentina; they struggled against a very negative Mexico.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hear Pulisic had to be taken to hospital after inuring himself scoring that goal. Is he going to be ok?

Diagnosed with a pelvic contusion, day to day. He has said he'll be ready to go for Saturday, he also looked in good spirits and moving around pretty well when they got back to the hotel. 

For the first time though, I'm not worried if he's not able to start due to our strength in depth in wide attacking players. Aaronson or Reyna can slot right in.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Who was offside ?.  You can't score with your arm so I assume the number 5s head put him offside. 

This is what makes it ridiculous. According to NBC Sports, at least, "A player is in an offside position when they are in the opponent’s half of the field and any part of their head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent. Simply put, a player needs to be entirely in front of the last defender when their teammate passes them the ball." Based on this statement, it's the Moroccan's little finger that puts him offside. On the other hand, the explanatory line appears to use shoulder, so where exactly does arm become shoulder? Does it depend on an individual's bone structure, or the angle at which the player is standing relative to the sideline?