IGNORED

World Cup Qatar 2022

12 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Unbelievable that the best English player we have in Foden has just spent that entire game sat on the bench while the quite frankly fucking useless Mason Mount has played the full game.

Awful. Southgate boils my piss. 
maguire our man of the match. 

11 hours ago, Btay said:

Didn’t expect Australia to get a point to be honest, incredible that we even have a chance to progress out of the groups.

I thought you looked pretty decent against an exceptional French side so I wasn't surprised to see you win today. Denmark are a tough nut to crack but they aren't generally big scorers themselves so if you can keep Eriksen quiet you have a chance!

I really hope we see Spain dismantle Germany tomorrow and if Japan beat Costa Rica as you would expect, that means Germany will be out. 

I also think Belgium and Croatia could be in for tough games against the expected weaker sides they are facing. Morocco are difficult to break down and they have some quality in attack and that is the recipe for disaster for any Martinez side. Then Croatia for all of their quality in midfield, aren't prolific scorers and Canada were really good and very unlucky in their last game. I can't see them being that unlucky again, albeit I doubt they will get as many opportunities. 

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

I thought you looked pretty decent against an exceptional French side so I wasn't surprised to see you win today. Denmark are a tough nut to crack but they aren't generally big scorers themselves so if you can keep Eriksen quiet you have a chance!

Yeah I think we scored a little bit too early & it was a shame we didn’t keep having a go at them. Nonetheless France are a great team & it would have taken something special to get the win.

Huge result for us against Tunisia though. Harry Souttar has come straight back from his ACL injury & looks different class to anything we have. Hate signing players off world cups but if we move Keane & Mina on, I’d have no issue with use brining him in whatsoever. 

13 hours ago, Bailey said:

I really hope we see Spain dismantle Germany tomorrow and if Japan beat Costa Rica as you would expect, that means Germany will be out. 

I also think Belgium and Croatia could be in for tough games against the expected weaker sides they are facing. Morocco are difficult to break down and they have some quality in attack and that is the recipe for disaster for any Martinez side. Then Croatia for all of their quality in midfield, aren't prolific scorers and Canada were really good and very unlucky in their last game. I can't see them being that unlucky again, albeit I doubt they will get as many opportunities. 

Well, as expected, another result that was completely unexpected lol. 

This world cup is bonkers.

54 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

Hope this puts the Martinez rumours to bed, best team in the world and he won FA with them for the last 6 years.

He still does not practice defending set pieces, he is good at making world class players look very ordinary. 

Absolute insanity that so many of our fans actively want this disaster of a manager back.

3 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Well, as expected, another result that was completely unexpected lol. 

This world cup is bonkers.

Such a shame as it gives Germany a glimmer of hope!

2 hours ago, Tonsta said:

Hope this puts the Martinez rumours to bed, best team in the world and he won FA with them for the last 6 years.

He still does not practice defending set pieces, he is good at making world class players look very ordinary. 

Belgium were good a few years ago but they aren't now. He did get them to third in a WC and they were really unlucky not to have made the final as they were the better side, same when they lost to Italy in the Euros. It might be Belgium's golden generation but he got them to where they should be and it just didn't quite happen. I don't think what he has done should be underestimated.

This bunch is bang average though, KDB and Courtois aside. Lots of players past their best, no Lukaku, Hazard a shadow of himself. 

Its the same old story with him though, he did well with a bunch for a short period of time but when the wheels fall off, the cart implodes and self destructs emphatically. It feels like the players just have enough of his bullshit!

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Such a shame as it gives Germany a glimmer of hope!

Belgium were good a few years ago but they aren't now. He did get them to third in a WC and they were really unlucky not to have made the final as they were the better side, same when they lost to Italy in the Euros. It might be Belgium's golden generation but he got them to where they should be and it just didn't quite happen. I don't think what he has done should be underestimated.

This bunch is bang average though, KDB and Courtois aside. Lots of players past their best, no Lukaku, Hazard a shadow of himself. 

Its the same old story with him though, he did well with a bunch for a short period of time but when the wheels fall off, the cart implodes and self destructs emphatically. It feels like the players just have enough of his bullshit!

I was a stalwart Martinez fan and was delighted at what he achieved in his first year with Everton. I still believe he failed in the second year because of the demands of playing in Europe, but still. He prepared thoroughly for every game, and that was evident on the pitch those first seasons. The truth is that, when facing a challenge, he didn't listen to others and stuck to his guns, and that's not a good idea. I agree that many of Belgium's big names are past their prime, so it's the manager's job to have guts and bring through younger players. This is the difference with Frank Lampard: He wanted a particular style of play early on but adapted to the situation to save us from relegation. Let's see how he adapts once the season kicks back into gear: He's not stupid and can see we're struggling right now.

19 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I was a stalwart Martinez fan and was delighted at what he achieved in his first year with Everton. I still believe he failed in the second year because of the demands of playing in Europe, but still. He prepared thoroughly for every game, and that was evident on the pitch those first seasons. The truth is that, when facing a challenge, he didn't listen to others and stuck to his guns, and that's not a good idea. I agree that many of Belgium's big names are past their prime, so it's the manager's job to have guts and bring through younger players. This is the difference with Frank Lampard: He wanted a particular style of play early on but adapted to the situation to save us from relegation. Let's see how he adapts once the season kicks back into gear: He's not stupid and can see we're struggling right now.

I argue that Martinez compromised and ultimately that is where the bigger issues began. I remember us trying to play forward quicker and stuff like that and everything just broke down more than it was already.

I think Martinez can immediately improve a group of players but when it comes to then developing that group and changing the squad, you end up with McGeady and Niasse etc. Eventually he stripped a lot of the quality out of our squad, albeit having to manage on a tighter budget than those that followed. In Belgium's case, I agree that these young players haven't been brought through and it is showing. Ironically Onana is one of the players he has brought in and he isn't a patch on Tielemans!

As I said before, I am fairly certain his BS wears off on the players and this lot have had enough. I expect we will hear a few stories after this tournament about how bad a manager he is from the likes of KDB, Lukaku, Hazard, Tielemans etc

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Nah sorry, if your values include discrimination, I ain't buying it.

On the football side, I'm shocked that we're into the third match day and only 2 teams have been eliminated. From a fan's perspective, it's been a wildly entertaining tournament. 

I think the US crashes out today, think they get a draw. If only Zimmerman hadn't made that tackle on Bale 🙃