IGNORED

Manchester City (Home) 26th February

dunlopp9987

On 27/02/2022 at 13:42, Hafnia said:

No. You make an opinion of someone and then seek to use any opportunity in the game to justify it. Yes something I do but you make out you are being balanced?! 

most of us recognise the strengths and things that he’s not so good at…. It doesn’t take a genius to know that he’s not great at short intricate football.  

rather than highlighting the brilliant work he got through yesterday on what was very limited match fitness you were picking on things that were extremely harsh….. yet because you had backed Keane you tried to find some technical way of excusing his heavy feet.  

The difference is I don't go on to every thread or keep doing it for years and years. I have made my point, given a clear example for anyone who didn't get what I was saying and largely left it at that. You keep bringing it up. I even commented on what he is good at in the thread and talked about how he would suit 433. Tell me what isn't balanced? 

I also haven't backed Keane. He has never been my cup of tea, but at the moment he is our most consistent defender and there are a lot of people who tear into him at every opportunity. I have been in exactly that position and know what its like. He would have watched that ball go by him in slow motion but he wasn't able to sort his feet out. Once again though, I have commented that I dont think it was impossible for him to have done more. It is unfortunately one of those things in football. 

6 hours ago, Shukes said:

Just commented on the rule change that’s all mate. 
For me, it should have been a penalty.

This is the absurdity of it. They changed the rules to suit VAR instead of just keeping things simple. Did the ball hit the players arm and did he deliberately move his arm towards the ball. Yes he did, penalty.

Like I said, they're happy to do this because it doesn't involve actually doing anything. It's too late.

Elite referees they're called now. Fully professional. Paid very well. Still allowed to make completely incorrect decisions that influence things massively with absolutely no consequence. They're protected from criticism at all times despite them being anything but fucking elite.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Like I said, they're happy to do this because it doesn't involve actually doing anything. It's too late.

Elite referees they're called now. Fully professional. Paid very well. Still allowed to make completely incorrect decisions that influence things massively with absolutely no consequence. They're protected from criticism at all times despite them being anything but fucking elite.

This is one thing I've never understood. Managers/Players can't hardly say anything about the refereeing after the match without getting into trouble. Why are they exempt from criticism when they make so many critical (and often bad) calls?