IGNORED

Manchester City (Home) 26th February

dunlopp9987

6 minutes ago, badaids said:

Pickford has managed to cut most of the errors out of his game.  Keane - after what 4 years? - is still making clusterfucks every other match.  For whatever reason he can't concentrate for 90 mins, and he never will.  Out.

I don't agree with the shouts when people say "Pick Young Player X over him he's shite!" but in the case of Michael Keane I'm stunned he hasn't been dropped for the likes of Branthwaite long ago.

Would do a rain dance tonight if it meant we could have Mina and Holgate for the Spurs game.

56 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I don't agree with the shouts when people say "Pick Young Player X over him he's shite!" but in the case of Michael Keane I'm stunned he hasn't been dropped for the likes of Branthwaite long ago.

Would do a rain dance tonight if it meant we could have Mina and Holgate for the Spurs game.

I’m even over Keane at this point. Too many times we’ve seen these individual errors (not necessarily an error I guess in this case) from him. It’s really frustrating, because he can be a solid defender, but he’s not reliable enough. 

14 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I’m even over Keane at this point. Too many times we’ve seen these individual errors (not necessarily an error I guess in this case) from him. It’s really frustrating, because he can be a solid defender, but he’s not reliable enough. 

I think many are being harsh on Keane over the goal, there was a double deflection Coleman and Holgate I think, on the ball put in before it came to Keane, no ones blaming either of them for an error. Other than being the last man it hit before they scored, he had a good game IMO.

9 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

I think many are being harsh on Keane over the goal, there was a double deflection Coleman and Holgate I think, on the ball put in before it came to Keane, no ones blaming either of them for an error. Other than being the last man it hit before they scored, he had a good game IMO.

Exactly. He was reading where the ball was likely to be headed, and when it was deflected he was off-balance and couldn't adjust. 

Now sure, if we're being picky, you could say that maybe that doesn't happen with a defender who is more agile. But I don't see any blame on Keane

The positives are that to a man they all ran themselves into the ground and gave their all. Quality was lacking at times but heart wasn't.

In the end City did what City do. They grind you down, attack after attack and whilst the goal was unlucky, it was coming, and I suspect there would have been at least one more big chance to come had they not scored in that moment. 

As for the penalty shout, I don't know how that isn't given. VAR is a joke.

On 24/02/2022 at 13:43, Hoof_It_Nev said:

Sorry was just having a laugh really. 3 points all the way obviously.

It's funny really, I work at a Betfred and they already paid out bets for city to win the title back in December. I've only just really seen how close it is up the top now, crazy! 

Your comment, and the ridiculous VAR decision, once again confirms in my mind that corruption is rampant in the Premier League. The betting companies, all sponsors, have a lot of money riding on the outcome of games, so their immense spending on sponsorships (and the leverage that buys) is a major conflict of interest. I can think of no other explanation for the outrageous non-penalty decision today.

Still, if bookies need City to win the league to maximize their profits, we'll help them out by beating Liverpool away.

Just ow watched it on delay.  Hell of a fight from the boys.  Richy should've had us in front.  Don't know whether to scream at Michael Kean or feel sorry for him.  

How is that not a penalty, unbelievable.  

Would like to say that if we play like this we'll be okay, but seen us jekyl and hyde it too many times. 

Woke up and still angry, not looking at Twitter as I can't look at the penalty again, it just makes my blood boil. 

The only thing I will say, is that I hope this anger and feeling of unjust is bouncing through that dressing room and can actually be used as a tool to turnaround our form. Go into the Spurs game with a real anger, kick them off the park and take the three points. An incident like this could spark the Dogs of War into life.

35 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

In an effort to not think about that decision... how good was Pickford? That double save was special. How good was it to finally see a midfield three? How immense was Allan? How class does Donny look? How much can you love Doucoure for coming straight back in after injury and putting that sort of shift in? How good is it to see our players fighting for everything? Last, but not least, just how much do you love to see a manager that is fighting right alongside all of us?

I thought doucoure was absolutely immense considering the time out and intensity of the game.  An absolute physical freak who regardless of @Bailey seemingly taking any opportunity to pick at small things typified the fight that we have missed.  Yes he doesn’t have Andre Gomes technical ability but he has the heart and bravery to fight for a full 90 minutes and not shy away,  the number of times he ran players down, spoiled the city players ability to take time on the ball.  Superb.

allan and richarlison were both superb, fought tooth and nail.  Pickford double save was as good as anything I’ve seen from him.

Feel sore and angry this morning,  the game is at threat of losing fans because it has totally lost its integrity.  In lampard and his back room staff we have a young, hungry team who with Cole and lampard going toe to toe with officials have put us in a place where we have needed to be for a while…….  Never seen big Duncan do what Cole did.  There is an intensity about Ashley Cole that I really really like, along with lampard, joe and clement it looks a management team that is the best we have had in a long long time.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I thought doucoure was absolutely immense considering the time out and intensity of the game.  An absolute physical freak who regardless of @Bailey seemingly taking any opportunity to pick at small things typified the fight that we have missed.  Yes he doesn’t have Andre Gomes technical ability but he has the heart and bravery to fight for a full 90 minutes and not shy away,  the number of times he ran players down, spoiled the city players ability to take time on the ball.  Superb.

allan and richarlison were both superb, fought tooth and nail.  Pickford double save was as good as anything I’ve seen from him.

Feel sore and angry this morning,  the game is at threat of losing fans because it has totally lost its integrity.  In lampard and his back room staff we have a young, hungry team who with Cole and lampard going toe to toe with officials have put us in a place where we have needed to be for a while…….  Never seen big Duncan do what Cole did.  There is an intensity about Ashley Cole that I really really like, along with lampard, joe and clement it looks a management team that is the best we have had in a long long time.

You have a real bee in your bonnet don't you? 

I expressed a valid view on the strengths and weaknesses of Doucoure. I highlighted one example of that in game (didnt comment on the other) and then just one general comment about him which wasn't linked to my previous posts and yet you are on every one. 

All I was just trying to do was highlight what I meant because it caused a bit of discussion in the thread. I love Doucoure as a footballer, he never stops trying and his energy and workrate is off the charts but lets not pretend he isnt a bit clumsy to say the least with the ball at his feet. 

I think that is a balanced view of him. 

29 minutes ago, Bailey said:

You have a real bee in your bonnet don't you? 

I expressed a valid view on the strengths and weaknesses of Doucoure. I highlighted one example of that in game (didnt comment on the other) and then just one general comment about him which wasn't linked to my previous posts and yet you are on every one. 

All I was just trying to do was highlight what I meant because it caused a bit of discussion in the thread. I love Doucoure as a footballer, he never stops trying and his energy and workrate is off the charts but lets not pretend he isnt a bit clumsy to say the least with the ball at his feet. 

I think that is a balanced view of him. 

No. You make an opinion of someone and then seek to use any opportunity in the game to justify it. Yes something I do but you make out you are being balanced?! 

most of us recognise the strengths and things that he’s not so good at…. It doesn’t take a genius to know that he’s not great at short intricate football.  

rather than highlighting the brilliant work he got through yesterday on what was very limited match fitness you were picking on things that were extremely harsh….. yet because you had backed Keane you tried to find some technical way of excusing his heavy feet.  

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Ah, thanks.  I see Lampard has said he’ll wait for “the apology they do when things are wrong,” adding that “it will mean nothing.”

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60542012

So, I’ll ask (Romey or anyone else), will the League actually issue an official apology or statement?

I do prefer that the match and especially the VAR referee be officially criticized, as this was an egregious error, not merely a 50/50 call.  I wouldn’t expect the League to repeat Lampard’s words — “a professional who cannot do his job right... so incompetent.”  Perhaps they’ll acknowledge that this decision will occasion “clarification instructions to our referees,” or some such?

7 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Ah, thanks.  I see Lampard has said he’ll wait for “the apology they do when things are wrong,” adding that “it will mean nothing.”

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60542012

So, I’ll ask (Romey or anyone else), will the League actually issue an official apology or statement?

I do prefer that the match and especially the VAR referee be officially criticized, as this was an egregious error, not merely a 50/50 call.  I wouldn’t expect the League to repeat Lampard’s words — “a professional who cannot do his job right... so incompetent.”  Perhaps they’ll acknowledge that this decision will occasion “clarification instructions to our referees,” or some such?

They probably will, they've done that sort of thing before. Empty words about the wrong decision being reached bla bla bla and Kavanagh being stood down for a week or some such bollocks. He'll probably not officiate our games (maybe just at Goodison) for a good while because I'm sure the other incidences of him being involved in controversial shit with us (he was the ref against United when our last minute winner was ruled out and he sent Ancelotti off after the game despite Ancelotti not being aggressive towards him at all, he was also involved in Richarlison not getting a penalty after Lloris brought him down).

But it's too late by then and that's why they don't mind doing it.