IGNORED

Anthony Elanga

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

£8m is what we may eventually get for him (unlikely), £3.5m is guaranteed.

£3.5m up-front then more in instalments so about £6m-6.5 guaranteed - I think Bobble put an initial post out saying this which then got lost in translation and put as only £3.5m.

2 minutes ago, c1982 said:

£3.5m up-front then more in instalments so about £6m-6.5 guaranteed - I think Bobble put an initial post out saying this which then got lost in translation and put as only £3.5m.

I read it was £3.5m guaranteed, more based on appearances and goals and then more again if they get promoted.

Logically it's probably around £3m if they get promoted, so we'll probably see £5m for him.

I know I’ve been beating a dead horse on this, but I’m seriously beginning to wonder why signing a LW appears to be a priority, if we go by our links probably our top priority. Are we moving McNeil to RW? I just don’t get it.

I like Elanga and think he fits v nicely with what (I think) Dyche wants out of his players. I just don’t understand our priorities.

1 hour ago, Matt Tiger said:

I know I’ve been beating a dead horse on this, but I’m seriously beginning to wonder why signing a LW appears to be a priority, if we go by our links probably our top priority. Are we moving McNeil to RW? I just don’t get it.

I like Elanga and think he fits v nicely with what (I think) Dyche wants out of his players. I just don’t understand our priorities.

He's right footed and can play both wings, so 

5 hours ago, c1982 said:

That doesn’t matter entirely though as I believe we can put it on the FFP accounts as £8m as the add-ons are achievable e.g. promotion.

I don't believe it works that way. Only the guaranteed payments can be counted. So you can count future payments just not ones that are based on outcomes that have not happened yet.

anyway FFP is not our only issue. We need cash flow and we don't have (yes I know Moshri has cash but he's not putting any more in for now)

https://tbrfootball.com/report-everton-now-confident-theyre-going-to-sign-electric-attacker-soon-a-deal-is-close/

sounding very positive.

I can't say I know a great deal about the lad, but pace is pace and you either have it or not, use it in the right way and is a great weapon. Doesn't sound like he will cost the earth, already based and settled fairly local, should know Garner pretty well, so would expect him to hit the ground running. Good age and improves our squad. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

https://tbrfootball.com/report-everton-now-confident-theyre-going-to-sign-electric-attacker-soon-a-deal-is-close/

sounding very positive.

I can't say I know a great deal about the lad, but pace is pace and you either have it or not, use it in the right way and is a great weapon. Doesn't sound like he will cost the earth, already based and settled fairly local, should know Garner pretty well, so would expect him to hit the ground running. Good age and improves our squad. 

Seems like his work rate is one of his best attributes too. Could see him and McNeil being annoying as all hell down the wings. Very much hoping either this or Gnoto get done.

watching this video and he appears to have played plenty on both right and left wings.  A majority like to have games on the opposite side to their stronger foot just as because it makes it more likely for them to get goals.

Looks fast and tricky and can score goals.  Definitely something we're lacking.  A different kind of winger to McNeil

Seems fairly similar to Gnotto and both young fast players who have international caps already and can score goals.  Elanga at half the price is probably our preference! 

https://tbrfootball.com/electric-21-year-old-pl-star-has-decided-his-next-club-but-its-unlikely-to-be-everton/

This is a worrying continuation of what we saw in January. 

Plays just don't find us an attractive destination, in fact it is the very opposite.  The more players that turn coming here down, then the worst we look as a club. 'If x,y and z don' t fancy going to Everton, not sure I fancy it either'. 

We desperately need a bit of a shift in momentum in the transfer market and in the club perception, we all saw what happened when the club left it to the final week in January.

17 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

https://tbrfootball.com/electric-21-year-old-pl-star-has-decided-his-next-club-but-its-unlikely-to-be-everton/

This is a worrying continuation of what we saw in January. 

Plays just don't find us an attractive destination, in fact it is the very opposite.  The more players that turn coming here down, then the worst we look as a club. 'If x,y and z don' t fancy going to Everton, not sure I fancy it either'. 

We desperately need a bit of a shift in momentum in the transfer market and in the club perception, we all saw what happened when the club left it to the final week in January.

So a clickbait site quotes the Mail and ends with "we don't know where he's going, but he's made a decision" is about the laziest attempt at "news" so far today. 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

So a clickbait site quotes the Mail and ends with "we don't know where he's going, but he's made a decision" is about the laziest attempt at "news" so far today. 

but would it wouldn't be a surprise to me if he has chosen another club over us (and it needn't be a great club either). We all know we where desperate to get some bodies in January and we just could not get a single deal over the line. It was embarrassing. Having seen us snubbed no end in the last window, until I see some deals come good in this, the I can't help but be skeptical.