• Gana
    • Garner
    • Iwobi
    • Doucoure
    • Maupay
    • Danjuma
    • Dobbin

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Would be interesting to see his stats for Saturday. Honestly haven’t looked at them myself. But I would be surprised if they didn’t show him being pretty high on passing percentage. If he is one of the lowest then I got it completely wrong. 
Maybe I was mistaking him for Iwobi 😳

I think his passing numbers were the highest or very close to! 

57 minutes ago, Trigger said:

Screenshot_20230814-210511_Sofascore.thumb.jpg.ec9dce16ac202f7688136fafd9e37894.jpg

Thank you. Watching the game I thought as much. Generally fans will focus to much on the ones they remember went astray and not on the overall picture. 

I’ve said many times before. Watch how many players fail at a five and ten yard pass. It’s why players like Gana stay in managers minds so much. 

Trying to teach the U11s the importance of recycling the ball at the moment. My lad is also at Shrewsbury Learning the importance at the same time. 

14 hours ago, Shukes said:

Thank you. Watching the game I thought as much. Generally fans will focus to much on the ones they remember went astray and not on the overall picture. 

Because the ones you remember are the ones that have the most impact. No one remembers the 40+ sideways passes, but remember 10+ times a ball is passed straight to an opponent’s feet. 

I’ve been a big defender of Gana (ask Palfy) but when he needed to find a shirt he came up short on those passes. He wasn’t the only one, but his stood out the most from my seat. 
His defensive work was exceptional, it always is. 

Edit, a loss of possession 26 times from two central midfielders is not good enough. If it was trying to play creative passes I could get it, but neither of them two do that. 

I do get that. But again we see it all the time. 
let’s take Iwobi for example. Look at the times he gave away, his pass percentage ect…. He also has so many easy options but failed. It wasn’t like he was trying cross field passes, he was just simply slipping it inside, and still managed to miss. 
This is the reason we see so many players who aren’t exciting to watch, yet are regarded so highly in the game.

Players like Jelly Neck, Henderson. It’s because they can manage those simple five yard side way passes that so many players fail at. But you won’t see these players votes for MotM often as it’s not the things that you remember in a match. But you can bet your life that managers, coaches and staff of a club will be putting their names down on a team sheet first. 

Fans and Clubs look at play differently. That’s what makes this sport such a great topic of conversation. 

I sit on a field watching my 13 year old train, while me and the 11 year old spray 20 yard passes to each other non stop. It’s easy. 
Now try and pass a five yard pass to a player in a match and you have to be 100% accurate as well as putting it in a place where he can control it. 

Did you see the ball that Iwobi played into the box at Doucoure the other week. He literally hit him. Very accurate….. but an absolute terrible pass.

Anyway, we’ll get nowhere here haha. I’ll just accept your view!

And you can just agree I’m right 😉

28 minutes ago, Shukes said:

let’s take Iwobi for example. Look at the times he gave away, his pass percentage ect…. He also has so many easy options but failed. It wasn’t like he was trying cross field passes, he was just simply slipping it inside, and still managed to miss. 
This is the reason we see so many players who aren’t exciting to watch, yet are regarded so highly in the game.

Players like Jelly Neck, Henderson. It’s because they can manage those simple five yard side way passes that so many players fail at. But you won’t see these players votes for MotM often as it’s not the things that you remember in a match. But you can bet your life that managers, coaches and staff of a club will be putting their names down on a team sheet first. 

Fans and Clubs look at play differently. That’s what makes this sport such a great topic of conversation. 

I sit on a field watching my 13 year old train, while me and the 11 year old spray 20 yard passes to each other non stop. It’s easy. 
Now try and pass a five yard pass to a player in a match and you have to be 100% accurate as well as putting it in a place where he can control it. 

Did you see the ball that Iwobi played into the box at Doucoure the other week. He literally hit him. Very accurate….. but an absolute terrible pass.

Fucking hell Shukes. I’m working, no chance I’m reading all that. 
Gana was man of the match, I’m too busy. 
😂

I’ll read it later and argue then if I remember, you’re probably wrong though. 

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

Ffs Iwobi is winger wingers get tag teamed by 2-3 players, all wide men will lose the ball try to get past the defenders more times than they get through, Iwobi’s stats are superior to Gana’s, he was voted motm not just by a majority on here but was also voted the highest Everton player by most football pundits if you care to take a look, I’ve not read one article from any pundit who has Gana our best player on Saturday. Your constant criticism of Iwobi against Gana is bollocks Shukes sorry mate but no other word for it 😂

19 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Ffs Iwobi is winger wingers get tag teamed by 2-3 players, all wide men will lose the ball try to get past the defenders more times than they get through, Iwobi’s stats are superior to Gana’s, he was voted motm not just by a majority on here but was also voted the highest Everton player by most football pundits if you care to take a look, I’ve not read one article from any pundit who has Gana our best player on Saturday. Your constant criticism of Iwobi against Gana is bollocks Shukes sorry mate but no other word for it 😂

Iwobi’s stats aren’t superior at all haha. 
I have Gana MotM based on my own view with my own eyes. I’ll never vote for anyone because pundits do ffs haha.

Criticism of Iwobi against Gana constantly? What are you talking about haha. I have used him on this thread with Gana just because I was talking about GANA! I don’t constantly compare the two at all….. that’s all in your head. 

I constantly criticise Iwobi as I think he is an average player. That has nothing to do with Gana. Funny thing is Palf…. This forum is pretty much split 50\50 on Iwobi so it’s not like I’m alone.

I will make my own mind up continuously and won’t change that just because others think different… I’m not a sheep ffs. And I’m not scared to have a conversation about football with people either. 
You sometimes learn something when you listen to others opinions 😉

11 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Iwobi’s stats aren’t superior at all haha. 
I have Gana MotM based on my own view with my own eyes. I’ll never vote for anyone because pundits do ffs haha.

Criticism of Iwobi against Gana constantly? What are you talking about haha. I have used him on this thread with Gana just because I was talking about GANA! I don’t constantly compare the two at all….. that’s all in your head. 

I constantly criticise Iwobi as I think he is an average player. That has nothing to do with Gana. Funny thing is Palf…. This forum is pretty much split 50\50 on Iwobi so it’s not like I’m alone.

I will make my own mind up continuously and won’t change that just because others think different… I’m not a sheep ffs. And I’m not scared to have a conversation about football with people either. 
You sometimes learn something when you listen to others opinions 😉

Oh dear seem to have it a raw nerve there Shukes can only apologise for that mate. 

3 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Not you mate. Think i’m looking to vent and picking the wrong targets. Me who should apologise. 

We all have shit days mate but when you’re self employed they always feel shittier, mainly because if there’s any cost implications you bare the costs. But I’m all good mate hope you have a better day tomorrow. 

My MOTM is Dobbin. He never put a foot wrong.

And I'm hoping to make a serious point. In order to have an impact on the game, players must take risks. Yes, Iwobi was sometimes caught in possession and sometimes made wayward passes, but he was also voted MOTM by most people. Dobbin never put a foot wrong because he had no influence (and didn't even play). We should be looking at overall impact and not counting mistakes.

3 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

And I'm hoping to make a serious point. In order to have an impact on the game, players must take risks. Yes, Iwobi was sometimes caught in possession and sometimes made wayward passes, but he was also voted MOTM by most people. Dobbin never put a foot wrong because he had no influence (and didn't even play). We should be looking at overall impact and not counting mistakes.

Hooray 😁 

16 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Dobbin did play. Pay attention. 

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

Not you mate. Think i’m looking to vent and picking the wrong targets. Me who should apologise. 

Nothing to apologise for on here mate, just talking footy that’s all. Nothing important and I’m sure no one has taken any offence or thought you were being arsey.