• Onana
    • Gana
    • Garner
    • Iwobi
    • Doucoure
    • Maupay
    • Danjuma
    • Dobbin

The problem with yesterday was that everyone did okay and we should have won the game comfortably had it not been for poor finishing/decision making in front of goal and the ridiculous disallowed goal.

I went with Garner but actually could point the finger at him for their goal having now watched it back. I thought he was our classiest player generally and hope he will be a mainstay in this team although I think we’ll see him used all over rather than central midfield.

I went for Iwobi as he looked a genuine threat from the wing & worked hard.

Would have been Garner but he can’t switch off like he did for the goal, he also switched off moments after for the ball across the back post. Still played well & can see the potential with him.

19 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I don’t think Onana was MOTM but he had a decent first half - it’s an opinion that you don’t agree with - no need with the ‘trolling’ comment and emoji - just disagree.

He was a fucking shambles. Either on the floor or stood still. The emoji was simply to indicate I find it hilarious and the trolling comment is because its the only explanation I could think of, also only in jest. 

30 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Tv footage made Onana look like he had a decent game. It seems no one in the ground thought so.   

I thought he grew into the game, his passing and vision were good and after about 20 mins his tackling was spot on. I gave him a 7, and was watching him most of the match.

49 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Tv footage made Onana look like he had a decent game. It seems no one in the ground thought so.   

Exactly what I thought having watched it back! He frustrated me in the 2nd half and my old man commented on him just walking around but actually the TV footage showed his good bits were very good so can see why someone may have voted for him.

58 minutes ago, Matt said:

He was a fucking shambles. Either on the floor or stood still. The emoji was simply to indicate I find it hilarious and the trolling comment is because its the only explanation I could think of, also only in jest. 

It doesn’t always come across in jest and may put people off voting if you start a thread then mock different opinions - constructive criticism, fair enough - it’s all about opinions.

3 minutes ago, c1982 said:

It doesn’t always come across in jest and may put people off voting if you start a thread then mock different opinions - constructive criticism, fair enough - it’s all about opinions.

It’s is about opinions and will get worse it won’t belong before Shukes tells us Iwobi was shite😂

16 minutes ago, c1982 said:

It is indeed. That vote is a joke vote, in my opinion, we've had many in the past. No different and really not worth getting upset about.

Onana had a quiet game but did the simple things very well. Easy to miss how good he was.

MotM for me was Gana. He controlled the middle of the part for us and was involved in everything we did. 

Iwobi worked hard but lacked quality and his effort on goal in the second half was such a sad effort. It’s like he felt for the ball and didn’t want to hurt it.

Garner was wasted out wide. Did what he did very well, but also very safe. Very tidy and composed, but to safe out there.

I thought Onana had a big first half, it seemed like a lot of our quality came from him. Second half, not so much!

I agree with Shukes in that Gana played well, one of his best for a long while, and on reflection probably edges MOTM because no-one really stood out. I just wish he would stop bloody shooting! 

7 hours ago, StevO said:

Now this is trolling!! He was shit yesterday Shukes! 😂

Couldn’t find a blue shirt. 

Honestly, we were above away fans and every time the fans clapped, was when Gana broke something up and got us out of trouble. Linked up perfectly for me.

Going to be a massive miss when he isn’t here. I expect he will be that player that people don’t notice until he isn’t there.

7 hours ago, Shukes said:

Honestly, we were above away fans and every time the fans clapped, was when Gana broke something up and got us out of trouble. Linked up perfectly for me.

Going to be a massive miss when he isn’t here. I expect he will be that player that people don’t notice until he isn’t there.

And that shouldn’t be too long 😂

7 hours ago, Shukes said:

Get lost Shukes, he was shit!!! 🤬

Tackled and pressed well, like. 😂

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Get lost Shukes, he was shit!!! 🤬

Tackled and pressed well, like. 😂

Would be interesting to see his stats for Saturday. Honestly haven’t looked at them myself. But I would be surprised if they didn’t show him being pretty high on passing percentage. If he is one of the lowest then I got it completely wrong. 
Maybe I was mistaking him for Iwobi 😳