• Jarrad Branthwaite
    • Vitaliy Mykolenko
    • Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • Ashley Young
    • Idrissa Gana Gueye
    • Dominic Calvert-Lewin
    • Dwight McNeil
    • James Garner

Tarkowski did well all game - Godfrey was okay - Onana and Harrison should have started and Pickford made a couple of decent saves but overall that was shocking - a change in their system and we had no ideas. Should have been 3 points but we lack any pace and craft whatsoever so end up just playing in front of teams and you’ll get punished more often than not.

Only positive was… I didn’t go with it being a Monday night game!

no real shining light, but McNeil put the ball on DCL head in the first half, his corner delivery was inch perfect for Onnana equaliser, and Tarks had a great chance to snatch a winner from his free kick. 

some poor finishing denied him finishing the game with 3 assists.

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

I’ve obviously somewhere along the line suffered a bump on the head, I went with Gana until his substitution he was by far our best player on the pitch. Less said about his shooting ability, well lack of. 

I think you have.

He might have been ok early on but I thought he'd lost his way a bit before he got subbed, a few wildly bad passes across the pitch which luckily fell into empty space.

He has overall been playing well though and it's probably the one area where there is a tough decision in picking who to start.  Onana isn't as strong as Gueye at winning the ball back and shielding the defense but Onana is much better on the ball and will bring it forward as well as winning it back at times.  I'd have liked to have seen Onana come on a bit earlier in this game to provide a bit more quality bringing the ball out.

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

I’ve obviously somewhere along the line suffered a bump on the head, I went with Gana until his substitution he was by far our best player on the pitch. Less said about his shooting ability, well lack of. 

That pass he played through the box for Doucoure to shank the tap in was world class though, wouldn't you agree?

5 hours ago, FairWooney said:

I think you have.

He might have been ok early on but I thought he'd lost his way a bit before he got subbed, a few wildly bad passes across the pitch which luckily fell into empty space.

He has overall been playing well though and it's probably the one area where there is a tough decision in picking who to start.  Onana isn't as strong as Gueye at winning the ball back and shielding the defense but Onana is much better on the ball and will bring it forward as well as winning it back at times.  I'd have liked to have seen Onana come on a bit earlier in this game to provide a bit more quality bringing the ball out.

Most people around me were very confused by the decision to take Gueye off as he was comfortably our best player up to that point

Can only assume Dyche said get Garner off and amid the confusion they got the wrong Gana 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Most people around me were very confused by the decision to take Gueye off as he was comfortably our best player up to that point

Can only assume Dyche said get Garner off and amid the confusion they got the wrong Gana 

Garner had a horrible game but I think Dyche likes to keep him and McNeill on for their set-piece delivery. Bar the crosses/assist, McNeill was at least as bad as Garner too!

On 19/02/2024 at 22:02, Matt Tiger said:

The answer is onana, so I’ll go other. Midfield was horrifically unproductive until he came on and he controlled play once he did. 

it would’ve been him even if he didn’t get the goal. 

There was that first 30 seconds or so when he was still asleep when he got on the pitch, if he was awake we wouldn’t have been 1-0 down. 😂

Good after that though. Should have come on at half time.