IGNORED

F1 Chat

I must be the only person on here that wanted Hamilton to win! He might be an arrogant bastard but if he makes the most of whatever car he is given and gets on with the job (for the most part). It doesnt surprise me if he is getting fed up with McClaren given the amount of fuck ups they have caused over the last couple of years with him (and Button as well).

I must be the only person on here that wanted Hamilton to win! He might be an arrogant bastard but if he makes the most of whatever car he is given and gets on with the job (for the most part). It doesnt surprise me if he is getting fed up with McClaren given the amount of fuck ups they have caused over the last couple of years with him (and Button as well).

Not anti Hamilton personally....there was a time when I'd want pretty much everyone/anyone to beat him...I'm just more of a Jenson fan.

I'd prefer it if Lewis won the title this year rather than Vettel/Alonso/Raikkonen.

He's got zonal vision and no where near enough talent for the amount of arrogance he displays being overly agressive trying to imitate Alonso, but Alonso has the ability to back it up. If the track was one car at a time, he'd be the best as he can find the lines and is usually not far from having the fastest lap. But thats not what racing is about, he's dangerous, and the only reason he over takes anyone is because if they dont move he'll go straight into them.

He's got zonal vision and no where near enough talent for the amount of arrogance he displays being overly agressive trying to imitate Alonso, but Alonso has the ability to back it up. If the track was one car at a time, he'd be the best as he can find the lines and is usually not far from having the fastest lap. But thats not what racing is about, he's dangerous, and the only reason he over takes anyone is because if they dont move he'll go straight into them.

Him & Alonso are the best drivers imo, and I think if you asked either of them who their main rival was they would say the same thing. For the past two season they have made the most out of a car that wasn't as good as the other teams and by far out qualified and out raced their team mate.

For the past two season they have made the most out of a car that wasn't as good as the other teams and by far out qualified and out raced their team mate.

Alonso yes (though that's not saying a lot the way Massa has been driving) but Hamilton has less points than Button over that period....so I don't see how that's far out racing him. Could argue it the the other way given that Lewis is ahead on the grid nine times out of ten.

Alonso yes (though that's not saying a lot the way Massa has been driving) but Hamilton has less points than Button over that period....so I don't see how that's far out racing him. Could argue it the the other way given that Lewis is ahead on the grid nine times out of ten.

Also take in to account the amount of problems Button has had with his car, compared to Louis' that have all been his own fault.

Hands up! Knew I was going to get called for not checking my stats and I must admit I was very surprised that Button did that well last season! He did outqualify him though and he is doing better this year, so I was half right! tongue.png

Also take in to account the amount of problems Button has had with his car, compared to Louis' that have all been his own fault.

Hamilton has had by far more problems than Button, mainly to do with awful strategy by McLaren, poor stewarding and dont forget he always seemed to be on the end of some really poor pitstops at crucial times.

Look at this stage of the season as well, more poor pitstops, more awful strategy (early part of the season), given the slower rear wing, puncture when in a good position & getting wiped out by Grosjean & Maldonado. He could easily be leading the Championship now had half those things hadn't happened (that were no fault of his own).

Im not saying that Button hasnt lost out on strategy decisions & pitstops as well, but its been barely any in comparison to some of the crap Hamilton has had to put up with. I dont think he was right with some of the stuff he has done, but to me, Hamilton is without a doubt the much better driver, especially now as he is becoming more consistent.

Hamilton was to blame for the Maldonavo crash, and he should have give way to Grosjean. Zonal vision sticks to his own and expects everyone to just move for him. He'd be better suited for Nascar. Massa should have won the year Hamilton did, Glock (I think?) pulled an absolute bell end of a move and blocked Massa.

Didn't Glock let Hamilton past too? Because I'm sure Lewis had to over-take him and was running out of places to do so and then all of a sudden Glock went wide and Hamilton had his world championship.

I support Lewis because he's British but I do think he's a tit.

Pfft, Webber is more British than Hamilton in my eyes! shaking fist.png

"Although Hamilton's salary at Mercedes will be larger than the one he was offered by McLaren - and he has more opportunity to earn money through personal sponsorships and endorsements - sources close to the Englishman insist he has switched teams with a view to long-term performance."

....and Santa Claus lives at the North Pole.

With Button being so close I think he would have told them to do one. It was good to see Massa get on the podium.

Thinking about it they've probably given up on the driver's title anyway....constructor's still possible so doesn't matter what order they finish in and they're obviously going to be more interested in keeping Jenson happy now.