IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Guest Nikica

Been watching Battlestar Galactica and Orange Is the New Black on Netflix, amongst others. Both really enjoyable. I'm gonna watch that Penny Dreadful too (see it mentioned above). I watch lots of shows but these are what I have been binge-viewing.

From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series and Fargo have both been great too.

Edited by Nikica

New Guardian's of the galaxy trailer!!!! So hyped. Really want it to be as good as I hope!!

I think the whole film looks stupid, very silly. I definitely won't be going to see it.

The new X-Men though... This weekend for sure. Can't fucking wait.

Edited by Romey 1878

Louis - Regarding your question on FB ;

I've only read the Bendis and McNiven graphic novel, after regarding an article about which Marvel characters should get their own film (pre-Iron Man 2) and GOTG were the suggested 'Wild Card' and it intrigued me.

I just love the rag-tag-ness of the team and love the characters, they're awesome. So i'm looking forward to it. Been following it closely since its announcement!

It's Sci-fi, action and comedy. It's lighthearted fun.

Mark - I understand your stance, it could be another 'John Carter'...which i'm really hoping it isn't!!

I may look into it J'. I'm going to see X-Men this week. :D

just got netflix...gonna try and catch up on a lot of tv!!

I recommend Always Sunny in Philadelphia, American Horror Story and Arrow.

If you watch on your pc, install the extension from www.hola.org and there's more programmes available when you change country.

Guest Nikica

Jaime, here's something you might like. I've not seen it but you're a fan of Mortal Kombat..

http://www.streetfighteraf.com/street-fighter-assassins-fist/

I'd heard that was coming out. Mortal Kombat Legacy is a great web series and this looks like it could be good as well.

Glad to see ten endorsing XM: DOFP. I will be going to see it next week so I am looking forward to it. I saw Godzilla last week and enjoyed it. Have seen a few people slate it but if you take it for what it is - an enjoyable monster movie - then it is bang on tbh.

I've abandoned trying to watch all of Mad Men prior to the WC, as I will binge it and not enjoy it. Gonna wait til after the WC and watch it alongside X Files and Sons of Anarchy. Have plans to be working and/or studying again after the summer, so not sure if seeing these shows will materialise.

Almost finished watching Battlestar Galactica - really been excellent. Also finished off season 1 of Orange is the New Black - very good and season 2 is released in its entirety next week, so will gorge that before the WC starts. Also watched the first two eps of another Netflix original series this morning - House of Cards. Pretty nice show.

In terms of cartoons I am still watching TMNT 1987 for the umpteenth time (25 eps to go) and X Men TAS. That Avatar the Last Airbender is good as well. I've saw Batman TAS, Justice League, Superman TAS, Spiderman TAS and some other cartoons in their entirety. I also like anime and am almost finished with Monster.

Need to get up to speed with Fargo, Penny Dreadful and Game of Thrones.

I wanna watch some horror and sci-fi movies before the WC as well, and some of the more recent DC animated films which I haven't seen yet (Superman Unbound, Son of Batman, JL War and JL Flashpoint Paradox).

Edited by Nikica

There's some great DC animated movies for you to catch up on Nikica from what I can remember the Flashpoint Paradox was one of the best I've seen really could make a great live action film with the story line and action, I'm a massive fan of pretty much all you've posted above tbh cartoon/animation wise.

I've just watched finished watching 13 episodes of Legends of the Dark King a prequel to the Fist of the North Star franchise which I've been a big fan of from a young age after watching the original manga film, one of the best manga/animation franchises ever made apart from the live action film which was dogshit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IoM7e0_XdI

Guest Nikica

There's some great DC animated movies for you to catch up on Nikica from what I can remember the Flashpoint Paradox was one of the best I've seen really could make a great live action film with the story line and action, I'm a massive fan of pretty much all you've posted above tbh cartoon/animation wise.

I've just watched finished watching 13 episodes of Legends of the Dark King a prequel to the Fist of the North Star franchise which I've been a big fan of from a young age after watching the original manga film, one of the best manga/animation franchises ever made apart from the live action film which was dogshit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IoM7e0_XdI

Yes mate, I think I've seen them all up to Superman Unbound. I've been meaning to watch the four I mentioned but just haven't got round to it over the last year or so. Flashpoint Paradox looks the best of them, but part of the reason I was holding off is I'm not sure if I should read the comics first. Not read any Flash tbh.

Didn't realise you were into cartoons and anime, good to know. The superhero stuff is great. You're into the turtles too then yeah? have you seen the 2k3 series (my fave animated version of the three TMNT shows)? Have you saw the animes Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Death Note? The latter is great and the former is on my list. I also wanna watch stuff like Code Geass, Berserk, Darker than Black etc. I've only seen the first season of Avatar but it seems much like an Americanised anime show.

Thanks for posting that prequel - will bookmark and add to my list. I'm just trying to tie up a lot of things over the next two weeks as I won't get much chance to watch TV when the WC is on. I had read into Fist of the North Star and it looks brilliant, but I couldn't find DVDs or downloads of it. I definitely want to see the main series (and now the prequels) though.

Cartoons and anime really are fantastic.

Edit: glad that video is dubbed mate. I am kinda lazy when watching TV so prefers dubs to subs, lol.

Edited by Nikica

That link is for the original animated movie mate the Ova's and prequel are far newer it's definitely worth watching but there are a fair few spin offs and so on

I'm a massive fan of both DC and more so Marvel although the DC animated movies are better but in terms of series films and comics and characters it's Marvel hands down for me. I've not watched TMNT since I was young tbh but I'll give it a go really looking forward to the new film though looks quite dark and macabre more adult if you get my drift

Anime wise I've seen all sorts mate to many to list but I do love a fair few but I'd say FOTNS is one of my all time favourites. If your going to watch it I'd recommend the original (link) then biboth the series then the OVA's there's also the prequel I mentioned earlier and another spin off called Fist of the Blue Sky which is on YouTube mate

I hate watching stuff tbh as I just get sucked in then it's link after link which eventually spins off onto another series it's never bloody ending ha

Guest Nikica

Went to sleep last night mate or I'd have replied then. Having a problem with the quote box in this topic atm so haven't quoted.

Yeah, I will definitely add the OVAs, animated movie etc to my list. As I say I hear FOTNS is very, very good and its concept is something that entices me, so will definitely look to see the series etc in its entirety at some stage.

I like Marvel and DC too, I especially like Daredevil as his street level stories appeal just as much if not more so than the global/planentary adventures of the likes of the Justice League and the Avengers. Do you ever download comics online or do you have Marvel Unlimited? I have the latter and it's nice to delve into. I know tenaciousj (amongst others) is a huge comics fan and has MU. It's certainly true that Marvel have the best live-action films and DC stuff is the best animation. Possibly the main exception to that is the Dark Knight trilogy.

Yeah, I figured you may not have seen TMNT since the original series. The 2k3 series is based on the violent original comics and adapts many of the stories (obviously watered down). It's pretty mature in tone though and crucially there are many story arcs, rather than the episodic nature of the original show. I certainly recommend it as well as the 2k12 series (I don't know how old your first born is but the latter is a perfect show for parents and kids to watch together). It's the turtles' 30th anniversary too so a perfect time to jump in to the shows. I'm a hardcore turtles fan so if you get into the comics or shows etc and have any questions feel free to ask.

The new Turtles film is something which I'm hopeful about, but I'm worried as Michael Bay is producing. The trailer did look quite promising but that can always be misleading so we will have to see. Many people on the technodrome (the biggest turtles fansite on the internet) are pretty sceptical but I am always willing to give it a chance.

Going back to FONTS and FOTBS, I will definitely watch them at some stage. I may bump them up in front of Code Geass, FMA:B etc as you are very enthusiastic about it so it clearly is a top show. You say you've seen loads so I assume you've saw Death Note and Monster yeah? I'm pretty new to anime but I watched DN back in 2011 and loved it. Almost at the end of Monster now and its genre (as is Death Note's) is something I love in any fictional medium: hunting a serial killer.

Hahaha yeah, when it comes to anime (and all types of entertainment tbh) it seems to be never ending. Probably the best example of this is DLC in gaming which is a major rip-off as the content is already on the disc. I remember looking at shows like Naruto and One Piece - they looked quite good but they have like 600 eps to catch up on. Lol far too much. I'd rather watch lots of shorter shows than devote years to something massive like that.

Edited by Nikica

Chilean World Cup footage, 1962, on black and white newsreel. Brilliant.

Russia & Columbia sharing the same training ground, the Battle of Santiago between Chile & Italy (one guy would have knocked Froch out - the ref (English) then sent the guy off who got knocked out!), the game between Brazil & Czechoslovakia described as "a poor game with far too much running about", another game where an injured player was carried off by his ankles and head and just left at the side of the pitch, photographers running on the pitch after each goal, with what look like Kodak instamatic cameras, to photograph the goalscorer and celebrations - then they sprint down the pitch if a penalty is given at the other end and the players have to wait for them before taking the kick.

Half time Coca Cola $1, Fanta 80 cents

Jimmy Greaves crawling on all fours towards a dog on the pitch which nobody else could catch in the England & Brazil game, he gets close to it and wrestles it to the floor - whatever happened to dogs on the pitch in football.... maybe people can't afford a ticket for them at today's prices....

Edited by Cake