IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Been watching "The Boss" on netflix. If you are familiar with "House of Cards" (about Washington DC politics), this is pretty much the same thing, except it deals with Chicago. Well-acted, well-written, and well-directed in that over-the-top soap-drama sort of way. Entertaining for sure.

Anyone else watched "John Bishop's Australia"?

Despite him being a red I quite enjoyed it, recreating a journey he did on a bike as a young man.

Funny thing is, in the intro to the first episode (of three) he says that he cycled from Sydney back to Liverpool; and in the intro to the next two episodes he only says he cycled from Sydney to Cairns :huh:.

Maybe just prone to hyperbole, like the average Liverpool fan :P.

Been watching "The Boss" on netflix. If you are familiar with "House of Cards" (about Washington DC politics), this is pretty much the same thing, except it deals with Chicago. Well-acted, well-written, and well-directed in that over-the-top soap-drama sort of way. Entertaining for sure

Been searching for this but nothing is coming up, is it something something the boss, or just The Boss. ??

Edited by Bill

I've been going to the projectfree.tv site to watch some recent British series. Of course, I'm a Sherlock fan, having read all the original stories as a teen and watched all the Jeremy Brett episodes in previous years. These last couple of weeks, though, I've watched all four episodes of the second series of 'Endeavour' - because I was an avid Morse fan (again, having read all the original books by Colin Dexter). I thought they were all well done. Also, I'm a fan of Friday Night Dinner and have been watching the latest series. Episodes 2 and 4, I thought, were the best.

Commonwealth Games opening ceremony; but I have to keep turning down the volume when Rod Stewart comes on :dry:. And I'll have to do the same in a bit when the Queen spouts her usual smug platitudinous shit.

The two of them aside it's been quite nice.

Honestly. Don't you f*cking dare man! I'm avoiding here until tomorrow.

I liked it, there were lots of things in the film to keep it interesting, It had vibes of Star Wars and Farscape. I thought Karen Gillian was excellent. I didn't like the credits rolling at the start of the film though. There were some things in the trailer that didn't make the full film.

Monaco vs Valencia on BT Sports just finished 2-2. Valencia battered them. Know it's only pre season but Monaco looked average at best. Defensively they're woeful. Falcao got 45 mins though which is good to see. Love him what a player. Arsenal vs Benfica next.

Footys back :D

To add to this the sky has gone down with this thunderstorm :angry:

So I'm watching the big match revisited off the planner. Leyton Orient vs Brighton from 1979. Some of the tackles are absolutely shocking!!! Proper football this. One sub as well. I swear to god one fella just got kicked 3 foot in the air from behind when he had passed the ball 3 seconds earlier and the ref never even gave a free kick :lol:

He would have been banned for 6 matches if he had done a tackle like that today :D

Edited by Paddock

Last week I started the Sopranos. I know I know ;) WOW what a programme. The characters are so brilliant. Onto the second series and it gets better and better. I watched Gravity the other day which was superb and a turd film called Runner Runner with Ben Affleck and the Trouser snake

Well the commonwealth games have finished, not over keen on the closing ceremony really. But I did enjoy the two weeks of good sport. Only a little bit of cheating came to light, which is better forgotten. The cycle races on the last day were fantastic.

Really enjoyed it. :)

So did I. Avoided watching the closing ceremony in case I accidentally caught a glimpse of Lulu singing *shudders*.

Nice to duff up the Aussies again, first time we've (England) topped the medal table since 1986! My favourite was the guys winning the 4x400m relay on Saturday, love that event and remember from a small kid watching it, and every available bit of athletics, with my dad (who was a very decent athlete himself and had a best time of 4mins 7seconds for the mile before four minutes was broken).

Ten years yesterday since he died, he'd have loved Glasgow.