IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Four episodes in and I like it mate some of the dialogue goes abit south at times but enjoying it so far and so is the boss!

Hoping and looking forward to all the "good" characters if you will coming together

I'm three episodes in due to just watching it when it's broadcast here bit I'm liking it too. I'm enjoying the whole Frankenstein story and it's going to be good once the whole Dracula/Mina story gets properly going.

I saw a bit of that but decided to watch the World Cup opening ceremony (a.k.a. Brazilian dancers for FIFA) instead.

The trailer for the new Dumb and Dumber is actually pretty funny. I was expecting it to be a lot worse than it is.

The trailer for the new Dumb and Dumber is actually pretty funny. I was expecting it to be a lot worse than it is.

Thanks to you I watched it and sent it onto the misses, who can recite the entire first film.

I thought it looked good, the first part of the trailer was better than the end, loved the catheter scene.

loved the catheter scene.

Is it a Renray product or something ? ;)

I liked Trance too, although I don't think the trance music fitted well with the robbery scene. World War Z I really enjoyed, I listened to the audiobook before seeing it and was glad that they were two completely different stories.

I love the BBC's coverage of Glastonbury, last night they shown Paulo Nutini, Elbow, Blondie and Arcade Fire. Tonight, Metallica.

There's loads on the website too: http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/errnc8

I'm uncomfortable with a metal band headlining personally; it's as incongruous to me as when Beyonce/Jay Z did. Not what Glastonbury is about for me; but then I'm a bit of a dinosaur :).

Agree the beeb's coverage has been great though.

Thinking about Glastonbury/festivals I found this from 1978 at Reading (I was there). Sham 69 the first band on of the whole three days, opening on the Friday lunchtime. Punk passed me by a bit so I was quite a way back looking on, got so violent in the crowd during and after, but no denying the energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AmkBkoBlkc#t=10m38s

"The Internet's Own Boy depicts the life of American computer programmer, writer, political organizer and Internet activist Aaron Swartz. It features interviews with his family and friends as well as the internet luminaries who worked with him. The film tells his story up to his eventual suicide after a legal battle, and explores the questions of access to information and civil liberties that drove his work."

https://archive.org/details/TheInternetsOwnBoyTheStoryOfAaronSwartz

• 2 weeks later...

Boardwalk Empire - season 2

Really hoping this gets better than the first season. Theres a lot of promise to fulfill...

Great series in my top three along with The Blacklist and GOT

Season two is better imo it does fall off at points throughout the whole series at times but it's worth sticking with

Great series in my top three along with The Blacklist and GOT

Season two is better imo it does fall off at points throughout the whole series at times but it's worth sticking with

im 6 episodes in, its much better than the 1st season but expecting more :)

Surely you've seen enough tits vadge and gore upto now mate?

Seriously though really looking forward to season 5 shame it'll be the last

Against the grain maybe but I've really not rated Boardwalk Empire, wife loves it so it's always been on but I think the acting is wooden.

Against the grain maybe but I've really not rated Boardwalk Empire, wife loves it so it's always been on but I think the acting is wooden.

I can see where you're coming from Mike but I've always loved that era and the macabre that surrounded it so I probably have the blinkers on abit when it comes to the acting

On another note watched the new Transformers the other day decent film great effects but just seemed long winded at times and although I enjoyed it I left feeling a tad disappointed oddly

S2 finale is actually quite good

killing off one of the most promising characters and potential storylines plus finally showing the evil of another main character. Loved and hated it in equal measures!

Edited by Matt