IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Yaah, oh yaah, sound as tho they are scandinavians, but i just think its because they are rednecks from the backwoods.

The TV series (episode 1) looks a bit better than the movie.

Yeah, I was thinking Swedish! Ive met rednecks before, most of my in-laws from from Ohio and Kentucky, but they sound nothing like the characters. Maybe I need to go further north next time to experience it!

Going to watch the first episode tonight, quite excited :)

Yeah, I was thinking Swedish! Ive met rednecks before, most of my in-laws from from Ohio and Kentucky, but they sound nothing like the characters. Maybe I need to go further north next time to experience it!

Going to watch the first episode tonight, quite excited :)

There are definitely a few folks who sound like that in Ohio. I have some family there too. Wisconsin and Minnesota are where the really strong accents are.

Folks in Kentucky will sound more like those in the Southern US.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Orphan Black

quite impressed :)

Orphan Black, very impressed indeed. Plus the main actress is hot and quite convincing in her roles. Very good for a first season but theyre going to need to up the budget to keep the momentum going. Its not amazing but it is very much enjoyable :)

Guest Nikica

Still viewing different things on a weekly basis. Bates Motel, Ninja Turtles, Once Upon A Time etc. And I am almost up to date with the brilliant Game of Thrones (two episodes behind now).

I see Fargo mentioned here, and I agree that it has been great. For anyone who's interested in another show based on a film, From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series has been brilliant. New episodes are released weekly on Netflix, is you have that.

For anyone interested in the American Revolutionary War, there's a nice little period piece called 'Turn' which is currently airing on AMC (the home of Breaking Bad).

Edited by Nikica

yeah. Also found respect for McConaghy or however it's spelt!

I think he is the best actor working currently. Watched a film called mud today with him in it. Two astonishing performances in it from two young lads. Highly recommend it

I've been watching the X-Men films in anticipation of the new out this month. I had forgotten just how fantastic X-Men 2 is.

X-Men 3: The Last Stand is on my to do list, I've seen it once already but even thinking about it, it seems like a misstep for the franchise with the events from the film.

Guest Nikica

I will be doing that myself as DOFP looks brilliant. And X2 is the best, I agree. First Class is underrated though.

Anyone here like Judge Dredd e.g. the comics and the 2k12 film?

A Nightmare On Elm Street

Who went to see this on release in 1984 ? I was one of those in attendance for theater release but it's lost a lot of it's shock appeal in the last 30 years and looks terribly dated from a 21st century perspective. They made too many damn sequels in the end but the original still remains a decent watch.

31_10_11_a_nightmare_on_elm_street.jpg

Guest Nikica

A Nightmare On Elm Street

Who went to see this on release in 1984 ? I was one of those in attendance for theater release but it's lost a lot of it's shock appeal in the last 30 years and looks terribly dated from a 21st century perspective. They made too many damn sequels in the end but the original still remains a decent watch.

31_10_11_a_nightmare_on_elm_street.jpg

Last saw it about 7 or 8 years ago. Still enjoyed it but you're right that it felt dated.

I saw The Amazing Spiderman 2 at the cinema today. I thought it was quite enjoyable and the reviews seem pretty harsh. I can't be bothered writing anything mote substantial at this late hour but I might tomorrow. There's some stuff I'd like to mention in detail but I don't wanna spoil things.

I will be doing that myself as DOFP looks brilliant. And X2 is the best, I agree. First Class is underrated though.

Anyone here like Judge Dredd e.g. the comics and the 2k12 film?

I liked the 90s movie and the 2012 one!

Ive got Pain and Gain saved and the Lone Ranger. Not looking forward to either if im honest

I saw Pain and Gain in the cinema, I thought it was pretty funny but it's been getting a lot of flak because of the Michael Bay factor (and the fact it's a dark comedy based on true events).

This is the trailer for the new Gotham series:

Watched Killer Joe with Matthew McCaunehy. Really dark comedy about a contract killer. Really good peformances. Also watched Captain Phillips. What a film that was!! The suspense was amazing and kudos for Paul Greengrass the director for pulling it off