IGNORED

Nugent ?

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blueboy122

ooo dont really want him that much. want viduka or defoe or bent. this lad is unproven. but if this does cu moff hopefully i will be pleasently suprised who knows he could be even better than darren bent?

It will all be sorted by the 1st June.

So it keeps saying in that Football Rumours website and I beleive them along with the other 19 players we are going to sign.

Maybe Everton not made a move for him and he is waiting and hoping that we will.

It is a shame tht the game has become all about the agents though dont you agree. I like yourself, wish that Nugent could just get his dream move sorted out instead of pissing us around. Like you say, its an agents game.

Have you never thought it could actually be US pissing HIM around?

Thats a very good point! I never considred the possibility that it was us pising him around. I suppose the clues are there though, the lad publicly speaks about wanting to join us, he shows up at the ground, he tells Mark he wants to join :D

Come on Moyes get your finger out, unless you are in which case I apologise sir, Mr Moyes.

I wouldnt want him thinking he is bigger than the club though, waiting to see how much we are going to pay him and the like, if he is an evertonian then he should do it for the football and let his bank manager worry about his pay check?

agree with mac. nugent still doesnt do it for me much rather see bent here.

what is so good about nugent?

Go ahead and pay £20million for him then. If we won't pay £12million for Manny then we certainly wont pay that much for that donkey (not in a racial way whatsoever)

Go ahead and pay £20million for him then. If we won't pay £12million for Manny then we certainly wont pay that much for that donkey (not in a racial way whatsoever)

If we didnt have victor or the kid vaughan then maybe moyes would have been able to gamble on the signing of nugent who still isnt proven in the premiership as it happens we are blessed with 2 young talents and the only way that one or other shouldnt partner johnson is if we purchase a PROVEN striker to be johnsons partner when injuries or resting comes into play who better then victor and vaughan to step in and they will be desperate to impress ..how embarrassing to spend so much on someone and he not be any better then what we have cant afford anymore beatties plz no no NOOOO

agree with mac. nugent still doesnt do it for me much rather see bent here.

what is so good about nugent?

Whats so good about Bent??????

What I saw of him at Charlton this season wasnt so impressive, OK he had the odd good game but a few shockers too.

AND whats all this rubbish about Nugent not proven at Premiership level. Remember a certain Tim Cahill, he wasnt proven either. Neither was Lescott. If all you want is proven Prem level players then we may as well go back to Walter Smiths policy of getting old farts in. BEATTIE! now hes a proven prem player isnt he, SO Beattie or Nugent???? I know which one I'd prefer.

I want Everton to move forward. This means taking the odd risk.

Oh and Moyes as a Manager he was unproven at premiership level, he seems to be doing OK so far.

Whats so good about Bent??????

What I saw of him at Charlton this season wasnt so impressive, OK he had the odd good game but a few shockers too.

AND whats all this rubbish about Nugent not proven at Premiership level. Remember a certain Tim Cahill, he wasnt proven either. Neither was Lescott. If all you want is proven Prem level players then we may as well go back to Walter Smiths policy of getting old farts in. BEATTIE! now hes a proven prem player isnt he, SO Beattie or Nugent???? I know which one I'd prefer.

I want Everton to move forward. This means taking the odd risk.

Oh and Moyes as a Manager he was unproven at premiership level, he seems to be doing OK so far.

ok a world class striker or none ! every opinion has its pros and cons I still think the striker that comes in has to be of outstanding ability or just stick with the 5 we have after all our goal difference was the best it has been for years ...

We have done well in making cahill more money yes and he should make us money now and leave for 15 million But Beattie we should say sorry to him as we have destroyed him with our tactics and advising the poor bloke that his main ability should be physical play not scoring goals from outside the area etc like he did when he was proven at southampton

Have you never thought it could actually be US pissing HIM around?

Yep, I think this is what is going on. We won't pay £8m+ for him, he only wants to come to us so it is a stalemate at the moment. Unless Preston drop their asking price I do not think we will get him :o which will be terrible as if another Premiership side get him he will shine for them instead of us....!

Guest blueboy122

darren bent is quality no doubt about it he has pace great arial threat and is very strong as for his build up player shooting he is as good as anyone.

i can see what people are saying about taking risks and that but i am not sure on him. maybe its just becuase i have heard the fee 6-10 millon! would be happy if we got him for say 4-5 million maybe?

darren bent is quality no doubt about it he has pace great arial threat and is very strong as for his build up player shooting he is as good as anyone.

i can see what people are saying about taking risks and that but i am not sure on him. maybe its just becuase i have heard the fee 6-10 millon! would be happy if we got him for say 4-5 million maybe?

Nugent can be described in the same way but won't cost anywhere near the £20million mark. Nugent is a lot better IMO. From what i've seen of Bent he is too one dimensional, which is why when he's been given a chance for England he's looked way out of his depth.

Yeah, 10 mill would be way over the top for Nugent (and Bent for that matter). Dont think Everton would pay that much for anyone at the moment.

we cant afford that much on one player! thats why we are not willing to pay over £8m for manny

Maybe we will be supprised by our ambition this season only 2 people really know how much we have to spend ...if the player is of high quality and available then we spend look at the johnson signing ?

10 mil for Nugent what a fucking joke.

Get Moyes to tell him to stay at PNE til January then get him on the cheap in january for 3 mil. Sorted

In the mean time we still have Vaughn n Anichebe

Edited by Adams

I agree that 10m is very steep, but since he played for england the price is going to jump a stupid amount. Look at Carrick going to Man Utd in the summer, 18m for him, joke!

I would pay 3-4m and Beattie or MrFudge for him, however i reckon if we do get him we'll pay 7m plus clauses, raising to about 10m. something like that anyway.

I agree that 10m is very steep, but since he played for england the price is going to jump a stupid amount. Look at Carrick going to Man Utd in the summer, 18m for him, joke!

I would pay 3-4m and Beattie or MrFudge for him, however i reckon if we do get him we'll pay 7m plus clauses, raising to about 10m. something like that anyway.

If that is what we will be paying for him than i dont want him. Got enough strikers and would rather spend 10mil on fernandes or a LM

Edited by Adams