IGNORED

Nugent ?

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ino yer. jus seen tha, im proper gutted, as u say about smith an rich getting the green light to stay, we will miss out on smith and nugent now, proper gutted, thought with us bein in europe an tv right's we wud be splashing out the cash, bu you no moyes tha wud jus take him out of his normal text book self, jus take a bloody chance for once plzz

Looks like maybe we was out bidded for 2 players that wanted to join Everton by the likes of Wigan and Pompy. Never thought I would see the day.

Even if Everton did come knocking now would be worried if Nugent went back on his word with Pompy

But don't worry lads DM has come out and said on the nsno when talking about players coming back that is is hoping to have some new players for the pre season.

We are all set should be signing some players soon!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nsno.co.uk/news.php

David Moyes is looking forward to getting his international players back from their extended rest period and finally getting the whole squad together for the pre-season mini-tour of Italy. He even hints at more new faces after Phil Jagielka signed last week.

"Hopefully Tim Howard won't take too long to get back into it, Joseph will be back this week and as we know Tim Cahill has been out for a long time so maybe his games will help him," the boss said.

"We would like everyone to be here because we think it's important and we've always said that the way we work the players in pre-season gives them a good start.

"We got players in early last year and it went well. We've got Phil in just now and we're hoping to add more to that so we can get the benefit of some pre-season time with them."

Sorry didn't know already posted on the hairdressers thread.

Edited by Adam

it is a shame , Nugent has the potential to take the Premiership by storm. I have been one of the people championing him coming to the club.

However, if I see signings like Bains, Richardson or Alan Smith in the next couple of weeks, I think I would have to say that they be better signings considering the squad we currently have - Baines and Richardson would transform our left side compleately. In Alan Smith Moyes knows exactely what type of Premiership striker he is going to get.

I think signing Nugent hinged on Beattie going, if we have not had any solid enquires about Beattie, then the clubs hand are tied a little is spending on other areas of the team is a priority.

If getting Nugent is not the priority of the clubs spending plan, then so be it.

This is becomming a joke I'v been against the Nugent fee since the start but Sunderland have just bid 5mil for Chopra form Cardiff which makes the nugent fee look cheap.

If all prem clubs held their ground over this stupid pricing of English players the lower league clubs would be forced to be more realistic or end up with loads of contract rebels. The way this is going with the likes of Sunderland and Wigan willing to pay through the nose imagin what it's gona do to the cost of a decent player.

On the upside if Chopra is worth 5million then Atreta must be worth about 22 million!!

• 1 year later...

Well we might not have made a great start to the season!.....and lack of signings has been one thing that has been used as a reason.

I just wonder if the trio of Nugent, Smith and Barton would have made any difference :o

I know that's a question that can't be easily answered, for instance Smith could have proved a brilliant partner to the Yak!.....Just can't see it!

Barton if he wasn't a nutter, would have been a good signing, but that's like saying Osman would be a world beater if he was 6 inches taller....you are what you are.

Who do you sign!.....If Moyes had signed Nugent and he'd been crap and always injured, then alot of the people who'd wanted him, would now have been on Moyes's back for waisting money and not buying that other player they said was brilliant!!

Look at Jagielka!......."Why sign him?"......."God he's crap"......."OH he's not too bad"....."Shit he's our best player" :huh:

VDM!..."At last we've signed a tallented player"......."He's just what we need"......"Is he ever going to play?"........."Shit he's crap why did we ever buy him?"

The crazy world of football, don't you just love it!

Fellaini

Nash

Saha

Castillo

Jacobsen

Pienaar

Gardener

Gosling

Fernandes

Gravesen

Yakubu

Wessels

Baines

Jagielka

Jutkiewicz

^Out of those players I can only choose Gardener and Gravesen that haven't made a significant differance to our squad. I for one think it was a real shame that Stefan decided to leave, he was an excellent goalkeeper.