IGNORED

Nugent ?

I think PNE already know that, its just a case of calling each others bluff, but i wish we would make a reasonable offer and get it cleared once and for all, the message sent to Nugent is ..... Everton dont think i'm worth the money, Sunderland Do.

Typical DM tactics of trying to get Good players on the Cheap. WDWs.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think PNE already know that, its just a case of calling each others bluff, but i wish we would make a reasonable offer and get it cleared once and for all, the message sent to Nugent is ..... Everton dont think i'm worth the money, Sunderland Do.

Typical DM tactics of trying to get Good players on the Cheap. WDWs.

What does WDW's mean?

Lets not put a negative spin on this, maybe its more like Everton looking after their money and not wanting to give it away too easily, dont you think things have already happened under the table???

You know!....all this talk of local pride and Everton being the team he's always

wanted to play for,could maybe be worth that extra million or so.IF....he has

got talant and can cut it in the prem(unlike various other local lads who just loved the

club.....but didn't realy have it).....then he's here because he wants to be and not

because he's decided to leave his Spanish homeland to the highest bidder and

doesn't really give a shit about that red shirt he's wearing......Nugent will chase

every ball and give 100%.Can the same be said for a £25million Spanish import

not used to the likes of Lescott wanting to change shirts before the end of the game.

Have got a feeling Nugent can handle the physical prem.

If we get Nugent.....Beattie has to go(just too many forwards).....got a feeling Moyes

will push Vaughan along this season,in some ways he's as good if not better than

Nugent ie he has played in the prem and scored.

Personaly wouldn't want Alan Smith....unless very cheap!

I would give my left testicle to have Torres at our club, he is the hottest property in European football, they are signing (allegedly) world class players and we worry about a player from the 2nd tier of English football coming to join us.

Perspective young man.

ATB

Mac

I would give my left testicle to have Torres at our club, he is the hottest property in European football, they are signing (allegedly) world class players and we worry about a player from the 2nd tier of English football coming to join us

You really wouldn't want to lose that testicle.....and anyway we haven't got £25million.

So you'll just have to hang on to your testicle....and put up with Nugent!!

One testicle+Torres=Vert happy Mac

Two testicles+Nugent=Happy Mac!

Three testicles+Alan Smith=Not happy Mac!

Guest blueboy122

Mac can i just ask why? torres is not i repeat not a goal scorer he is a provider not saying he cant score just he isnt a natrul goalscorer lik aj or owen.torres wont be able to handle it in the prem the defenders are much too phisical for him and he will try to hard becasue of his price tag. mark my words he will be a flop. a very very very expensive flop!

BB122, I see where you are coming from, but his overall commitment and ability is without doubt amongst the best in the world, now if you give him support and service, he will contribute to any team on the planet.

B 250, I have had a vasectomy, so my balls are mine to donate where I see fit, coz they are pretty much usless, I would like Nugent, but I would love Torres. Smith is good, but not good enough for us at £7m.

ATB

Mac

mac i thought the same about torres, then his goal scoring record was put infront of me. he only managed somethin like 7 goals in 44 games last season (approx) but i do wish we could afford a £27m risk

im still unsure of nugent, but i hope he makes my mind up for me in a blue shirt (not a pompy blue thou!)

If the news on sky sports is correct nugent will be going somewhere else.

D. Moyse is about to open Evertons spending with a swoop for 4 players ............

Smith and Richardson (man utd ) plus Jagielka and Koumas. 17million. :huh: No great stars there but it does give us a slightly better squad, if i'm honest i can see us struggling next season.

I agree Licker you look at some of the clubs in the past that have been in Europe and then struggled in the league becuase they don't have enough players to cope.

At the moment we could not afford to rest AJ, Arteta and Cahill in a league match ready for a Euro match even against teams like Fulham.

Unless 4-5 decent players (of the same standard we have now or better) are brought in it could be a very long and bad season for us. Where as I don't think we will be in the relgation battle we could be the wronf side of the middle of the table

Every team who qualifies for europe has to work through this phase tho, it's nothing unusual.

Manure & the shite both had their years of failure in Europe while they learned & built up squads capable of competing on both fronts. You dont just enter Europe and instantly become fully prepared and capable of competing.

I hate to highlight this blues but we have about 5 years hard work ahead of us qualifying and getting dumped out of Europe while we attract investement, learn the European game and build our reputation to the point where players are falling over themselves to play for us. Until we have progressed through that period we cannot expect anything more than what we are doing now.

We will not have a big enough squad to compete this season that's a fact but what we need to focus on is not letting that damage next seasons qualification, our main aim this year is to maintain our league form and qualify for Europe again.

Bringing it back on topic we will not achieve success even if we did buy 5-6 players of a high standard so lets just accept that we are progressivly improving at an acceptable rate IMHO!

If the news on sky sports is correct nugent will be going somewhere else.

D. Moyse is about to open Evertons spending with a swoop for 4 players ............

Smith and Richardson (man utd ) plus Jagielka and Koumas. 17million. :huh: No great stars there but it does give us a slightly better squad, if i'm honest i can see us struggling next season.

assuming all those signed, could our first team for next year look something like this?

-----------------Howard---------------------

Jagielka-----Lescott-----Yobo---------Valente

----------------Neville--------------------------

Arteta--------------------------------Richardson

----------------Cahill-----------------------------

------------Johnson-----Smith-------------------

Bench: Turner, Carsley, Hibbert, Stubbs, Osman, Koumas Beattie, Vaughan

Edited by ooberman

assuming all those signed, could our first team for next year look something like this?

-----------------Howard---------------------

Jagielka-----Lescott-----Yobo---------Valente

----------------Neville--------------------------

Arteta--------------------------------Richardson

----------------Cahill-----------------------------

------------Johnson-----Smith-------------------

Bench: Turner, Carsley, Hibbert, Stubbs, Osman, Koumas Beattie, Vaughan

No way would Smith be ahead of Vaughan, swap those 2 around (in fact ditch Smith's name) and it looks quite realistic. Not sure on Valente though...

No way would Smith be ahead of Vaughan, swap those 2 around (in fact ditch Smith's name) and it looks quite realistic. Not sure on Valente though...

yeah well i suppose Neville could go left back instead of Valente - or Lescott maybe

but anyway, the point is the squad has far more options with those players there. i agree about the Smith/Vaughan thing in hindsight too :lol:

Edited by ooberman

I'm in total agreement with Goldfishmemory...

A prolonged run in Europe would stretch our squad to the point that our league form would suffer. I think we were able to hang on to our top 6 finish principally because we had no Europe or local cups to distract us in the period of Jan to May this year.

Even IF we were to buy those 4 players we'd still do VERY well to get to the later rounds of UEFA plus maintain that top 6 spot. Re-qualifying for Europe must be the aim. As Goldfishmemory says a 5 year period where the whole reputation of Everton is boosted to the point we are seen as consistent Euro side and a consistent top 5 finisher in the league will transform our fortunes.

It's exciting times though, and if you look back at Moyes' reign so far you can see the club moving in this very direction, but it's still a work-in-progress.

As for Nugent, he APPEARS to be showing faith in us, but will it be rewarded I wonder...

Nah, I really think Nugent is ours. Although we need to shift Beattie otherwise we have too many forwards...

Phew when was the last time in the last 10 years or so we were able to say that?...Club in the right direction for sure!

lol, you can't mention Nugent on the comments on the official site. The mods remove any mention of him but post the rest of your post...

Just waiting for the "Nugent given permission to speak to Moyes" headline over the next couple of days (when the boys come back from St Andrews)...

That is fucking weird, why the hell would they do that? EFC website runners = idiots

lol, The most Positive Everton Fan, O.M mate I feel a bit down not getting the better players out there, the Bartons, Fernandes etc.. but we done well last season with injury's and a small squad. So we all need to be positive, well I am anyway :)