IGNORED

Nugent ?

I for one have never rated him. He looked out of his depth in the under 21 tournament, he has no real pace. Is he seriously better than what we already have. Remember how highly Beattie was rated a couple of seasons ago and how we were all looking forward to his partnership with AJ last season.

Looks like we have no money because everything is going towards the new stadium. We therefore sign Jaglielka to cover the back and centre midfield, try and get Fernandez back on loan and then try to get to January with what we have. That'll mean giving Van the man and Beattie another chance. Remember we'll have Cahill back fully fit and AJ after his op. will be raring to go. I know its not good enough really but this new stadium is going to cost 300 m. Remember Arsenal struggled for years to find money for players when the Emirates was being built and we are poorer than them! For the long term Moyes seems to me to be looking for 17 year old prospects. We're being linked with a lot of young players - it may work!

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports in the paper today that I saw is that the other club is Aston Vila.

One thing or sure though is that its been linked that the other club is West Ham and Postmouth and now Villa but not once Everton.

Think this could be a big mistake

Perhaps too many of our members are pinning their hopes on Nugent, he is one player with an unproven track record at the highest level.

Let us not get into a silly war with this one, if Sunderland want him, let them have him. We have survived worse than David Fucking Nugent not coming to play for us.

DM will come good in the end, we all know it, out of all his transfer dealings we have had more success than failures.

ATB

Mac

Maybe it's the fact he's a Blue,that's got everyone(well quite a few)wanting him!

What if exactly the same player had at one time said he was a rs fan!!Would he

be good enough then?.........So he's a Blue!Is that worth an extra 10 goals?

Bob Latchford was probably a Birmingham Fan!....and Stuart Barlow was maybe

a Blue!!!!!!

Mac I agree maybe people are pinning there hopes on Nugent and for me its not so much that its him but more that it is a player.

The season finished over a month ago and in my opinion this comming season is DM bigest. We all know we over achieved when we got into the Champions league but the Uefa cup is where he should be every season from now on and when you look at the likes of Newcastle, Birmingham, Villa and Man City all having investments Everton need to be quick with there targets incase some of them don't work out.

Yes I like Jag and think he will add something to the team but I still think that we need to be looking at either better players than we have or younger players of the same that can get better.

We are starting to have a very good and young side and with a couple of decent signings could be right up there again next season but next season will be a lot harder.

Although Bolton might fall away Newcastle will take there place Spurs are reporting to be close to signing Darren Bent and will continue to push forward and the likes of Villa and maybe even Man City if they buy right could very well push us down the table a little bit.

So where as Nugent might not be the best we can get DM either has to look at paying 10m for someone who is proven or 5-6m (Nugent) to bring in players from the lower league and take a chance.

I just have a bad feeling that Dm is waiting and waiting to see what is going to happen with Shefield and getting Jag (and the deal might already have been done) which might bacfire if they somehow manage to stay in the premiership

Saw yesterday that Nugent is delaying his choice why he goes on holiday which made me think that maybe he is waiting and hoping for an offer from Everton.

Reports today say that he is still hoping that Everton come in for him and is pinning his hopes on a move to us.

OK there is two sides to the Nugent debat - some of us who say we should buy and some that say he is too much money for an unproven premiership player.

But I don't think anybody can argue with the fact we have a very well thought of player who is desperate to come to play for Everton.

Is it becasue we are a money bags club who offer the best wages? Is is becasue he is wanting to join a side that will ensure he has some medels to his name? The answer to both those questions is a huge NO.

He wants to join Everton for one reason - he is a huge supporter and like all of us who post on this forum would give anything to walk out to the sound of Z -cars.

Can anybody remember a player with such an obviouse desire to play for the club, I don't think I can name any, although I can name plenty of so called supporter player who went out of their way to get away from the club.

If big Dunc became an iconic Everton player, becasue of his affection for the club. Nugent has the potential and a TRUE desire to be come a Goodison legend.

If we are going to take a risk on any championship player who has shown some talent, Nugent has to be an obviouse choice.

Come on Everton, Please sign Nugent, you just know this lad will sweat blood and tears wearing a Everton shirt and does have a touch of quality about him, abite it only being in the Championship. He has served his time in the lower leauges and has earn a rightful move to the Premiership. I really hope Everton don't miss out on him, if he becomes a star at another club, our snub of him would make us the laughing stock of the Premiership to be honest.

I really don't think I could bear watching him bag in the goals at another club.

^^^ agree.

There is a risk bringing him here but there will be no lack of desire, he will give 100% all the time.

There is a risk of someone else buying him and he becomes a star and possibly a Rooney - e.g. turning his back on his boyhood team.

Who would Moyes want in the team, Beattie or Nugent? Imagine a front 3 (unlikely to play 3 upfront I know) of Johnson, Vaughan and Nugent - awesome.

Could Nugent give much more of a "come and get me" plea...

Edited by Everton_Worshiper

Could Nugent give much more of a "come and get me" plea...

NO!

he's been saying come and get me for as long as anyone can remember!

theres nothin more he can do now apart from giving moyes a call and asking him "do you want me?" but i think that breaks the rules

If he goes to another club its because we have'nt shown the least bit of interest, we seem to have buried our head in the sand and are completely unaware of whats going on around us.

We will probs lose Jagielka as well, trying to hang on for the £4m Clause in his contract to kick in, ffs pay them £5m and sign him now. :angry:

My biggest critisisum of Everton and Moyes has to be the lack of commitment in the tranfer market sometimes. We did the business last season with Lescott and Johnston and look how it turned out for us this season, that has to be applauded.

But they seem have gone backwards a little when it comes to being agressive in the market, its not like Nugent is going to be £10M+ its £6M which may be a £1M or so over his worth, but sometime you have to just go for it.

Barton was the same £5.8M, a player we wanted, but in the end he is at Newcastle - OK his wages may have been a problem in the end, but my guess is we never showed much conviction in trying to sign him.

The Turkish lad that when to Middlesbrough (who I think is going to do really well in the Prem next year) on a free transfer, I didn't hear a wiff of us going for him.

I have to admit I am at a total loss on what our tranfer policy is this summer, when you have the likes of Nugent sitting by his phone waiting for a call, my guess is its never going to come. Why is my biggest question.

We will probs lose Jagielka as well, trying to hang on for the £4m Clause in his contract to kick in, ffs pay them £5m and sign him now. :angry:

surely its worth waiting a few weeks to save £1m, we arent flush with cash are we! also save a few weeks wages. im happy to wait for jags.

but nugent, if we want him we have to play ball, and we have to do it pretty fast before we lose out for good.

surely its worth waiting a few weeks to save £1m, we arent flush with cash are we! also save a few weeks wages. im happy to wait for jags.

but nugent, if we want him we have to play ball, and we have to do it pretty fast before we lose out for good.

It worries me people are so happy to accept we have no money when this isn't the case any more. We are reported be be getting 40-55 million Sky/Setanta revenue depending on where you read it, Sunderland have got 25 mil to spash on transfers just from coming up.

There has been NO mention of how this income will be spent unlike a host of other premiership clubs. I understand the need to avoid total transparency as it would lead to clubs holding us to ransom but I can see it just being written off once again under the guise of debts, new contracts and outstanding transfer payments. There should be some accountability on what's happening to the largest windfall in the club's history and it better hadn't be earmarked the stadium move's down payment.

Edited by Bluetrip

It worries me people are so happy to accept we have no money when this isn't the case any more. We are reported be be getting 40-55 million Sky/Setanta revenue depending on where you read it, Sunderland have got 25 mil to spash on transfers just from coming up. I want to know what the hell's happening to it if it's not going on players and it better hadn't be the stadiums down payment.

That £40-55m will almost certainly be reserved for the stadium move, no matter what people think IMO the stadium move is in full swing. This means that the transfer kitty is reliant on profit and directors shallow pockets etc which I suspect is not a lot.

Bluetrip, im not saying we have NO money, but we are by no means a rich club!

we have to be carefull with our money, and im sure its a fair bit less than £40m, but it has to be spread around the whole club, not just transfer fees. we need to invest in the club as a whole, as well as players. and i for one will be happy if we wait a few weeks to save £1m.

I am thinking the same - If Preston have accepted and offer and Nugent has already held talks with two clubs last weekend. Everton would have had to have made a move by now if they didn't want to miss out on his signature It is only that Nugent is so desperate to come to Everton that he isn't signed up already with another club.

The only other thing is that Everton may have made a lower offer to Preston and Nugent is holding out until Preston accept Evertons offer - If Nugent knows that Everton are in with an offer, abit lower, he may be stalling on signing for Sunderland et al. By not turning down either of these two clubs though, I feel he is not going to hold back and join us on a free next summer.

My personnal feeling is that Nugent will not be coming to Goodison now as we would have already signed him this weekend if he was.

Guest blueboy122

is rite craccer!! nugent is average in the fuckin championship and everybody is getting all excited because he is being hyped up. he wasnt even the championships top goalscorer i am not sayin he is a bad player but hes not a striker we would need.

DM is still on holiday, Sheffield United are still not sure if they are down or up and according to reports everton are waiting to complete the Jag signing before moving onto next target.

Nugent wants to join Everton but again according to reports we have not offered for him and won't until xmas.

We get into Europe and have a chance of having a good season and yet all the players are back to training next week and DM is still on holiday at the moment.

This is a joke.

Not even a sniff coming out of Goodison apart from about Jag about any signings even being close.

Well I would go up to £8m, especially seeing as though Smith is going for £6m Harewood quoted as £5m...Nugent is better than both.

Anyway, I really hope we do bid otherwise I think it will be a big miss...

Nugent could step up to the prem and just not have the cutting edge, nobody will know until he does it so how can you say he's better or worse than any premier league striker without him ever playing a prem game??

Easy...it is my opinion, just as your opinion is the opposite.

Come on, Smith was hyped when at Leeds when he was good then made a big money move and has gone stale.

Harewood is just a joke and even my little cousin could see most footballers are better than him, yet £5m to buy him!

Oh any by the way, Preston played Man City in the FA Cup and Nugent scored so theoratically he has played a Premiership game.

Easy...it is my opinion, just as your opinion is the opposite.

Come on, Smith was hyped when at Leeds when he was good then made a big money move and has gone stale.

Harewood is just a joke and even my little cousin could see most footballers are better than him, yet £5m to buy him!

Oh any by the way, Preston played Man City in the FA Cup and Nugent scored so theoratically he has played a Premiership game.

My opinion is opposit is it?

If it's your opinion that nugent is better than Smith & Harewood and he'll bang them in at prem level thats fine I'm not questioning that. I was questioning "Nugent is better than both." which indicated you know, which like I said is impossible for people to know how any striker is going to adapt to the premier league.

Take Andriy Shevchenko as the perfect example!!