IGNORED

Nugent ?

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blueboy122

will nugent be a good partner for aj?? and if so y?

i never used to lik nugent at all didnt think he was worth 7 million at all but now i am seeing him in another light he looks pretty good actually!!

what is he lik in the air? is he strong? becuse we wud need a airiel threat from one of the forwards. can he hold the ball up well?

will nugent be a good partner for aj?? and if so y?

i never used to lik nugent at all didnt think he was worth 7 million at all but now i am seeing him in another light he looks pretty good actually!!

what is he lik in the air? is he strong? becuse we wud need a airiel threat from one of the forwards. can he hold the ball up well?

Interesting, apparently 2 clubs have been given permission to speak to Nugent today. Sunderland are widely regarded as one, could Everton be the other? Woud make sense I guess, as we have been linked all summer and have been keeping things very quiet.

We know Sunderland are one of them and we also know that West ham are looking for a new striker after going for Bent so my guess would be that West Ham are the others.

Be interesting to know what the price is though and it will be a shame that we are not one of the clubs.

Just wait for the last minute bid for £1m less than the others have offered.

COMMMMMMMMEEEEE ON EVERTON! GET IN THERE AND GET NUGENT- I WILL BE HIGHLY DISSAPOINTED IF ONE OF THE TWO MYSTERY CLUBS TALKING TO HIM IS NOT US.

HEY AND IF THE TWO CLUBS ARE US AND SUNDERLAND- IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHETHER HE'S IN IT FOR THE CLUB OR THE MONEY!

DONT YOU THINK!

I'v ben adement and stood my ground against many Preston fans on the worth of this lad and the fact that no untried premiership striker can be worth anything over 4mil. No though I'm starting to think we should just snap him up now and stop fucking around because 7mil doesnt seem that much anymore!

Smith - 4 to 6

Harewood - 5

Koumas - 6+

Is nugent too much of a gamble at 7mil?

If he scores 10 goals next season he'll be worth 10million and if he hits nearer 20 he'd be worth nearer 20mil!!

At last people are starting to see that this season £6-7M is the £3-4M of 12 months ago. This TV money and the money brought in by premiership investors means play prices have gone up considerbley this summer.

How much would have AJ cost this summer - My guess is we wouldn't have had any change out of £10M possibly more.

Look at the prices quoted for Kumas, Darran Bent

Nugent is the hottest prospect from the Championship, is the first choice striker at U21 and has come of the bench in a competative England game.

A couple of other clubs are willing to shell out the £6-7M needed to buy him(my guess there are plenty of appearence/performance clauses in these fees as well)

Nugent is a player aching to play for Everton, he has the hard work ethic that fits in well with out squad, and he is undoubtabley a decent player who I would say will only improve.

If we are not one of the two clubs 'talking' to Nugent it will be a discrace.

I agree...it'll be a disgrace if we aren't at least in for him with a proper bid. While other clubs are scrambling to buy dead wood like Diomansy Kamara, we should have one eye on the European damp squib of 2 years ago and look to act quickly and decisively getting in players of a European calibre.

Or at least players who will strengthen our first team to be able to compete this year over there.

But knowing Everton, Moyes and BK, we won't be one of the two clubs in for him. A late bid from Moyes to say "we tried" like he usually does, and he'll go to Sunderland, who I believe can do a Reading and actually surprise a few people this year AND stay up.

Nugent for me is a young promising forward who'd partner AJ with the fire and commitment of a True Blue. What he lacks right now in experience, he'll make up for in a determination to do well.

I honestly don't think that we will get Nugent. I just don't think that DM wants to pay that much money for him which if that is a good choice only time will tell. However I will say that if DM does not bring him in he needs to have someone else (if that is a midfielder or a stricker) to please the fans otherwise might be a hard summer.

i agree it is a digrace, 6-7mil is nothing these days

i wish everton would just take a chance with the young kid

he will come back on hournt us next season if we dont get him im tellin you now

and if he goes an scores 15-20 goals for sunderland next seaon, if sunderland get relagated nugent will just become another darren bent

they will want silly money :angry:

How sick would all us supproters be next season if we saw Nugent knocking the goals in for Sunderland, when he has almost begged to come to Goodison. You just know if we are anywhere near the asking price Nugent will sign for us in a heart beat - how many player can you say that about.

You watch we will fanny around with Alan Smith or somebody only to watch him go to Newcastle or West Ham on silly wages. Why not concentrate on a player who really wants to come to the club.

Vaughan is just that little to young and inexperienced to be a first choice striker next season, and will get a lot of yellow and perhaps red cards so could go missing a few times through suspension never mind injuries. Victor is in the same catagory just now.

Beattie has now got to go. So in my opionion we are going to be light in the striker department.

We missed out on Darren Bent and Dean Ashton when they made the step up from the Championship, lets not do the same with a player who obviosly has blue blood in his vains.

You would get none of this settling in period or homesickness from Nugent - This player is ready made to put on the Everton shirt.

To put it at its most simple - I would rather see us spend use spend the money and not cut the mustard in an Everton shirt than become a Premeriship sensation in at another club. That would make me pig sick to be honest.

I'v ben adement and stood my ground against many Preston fans on the worth of this lad and the fact that no untried premiership striker can be worth anything over 4mil. No though I'm starting to think we should just snap him up now and stop fucking around because 7mil doesnt seem that much anymore!

Smith - 4 to 6

Harewood - 5

Koumas - 6+

Is nugent too much of a gamble at 7mil?

If he scores 10 goals next season he'll be worth 10million and if he hits nearer 20 he'd be worth nearer 20mil!!

Nugent will never be worth 20 million he aint that good, he is a decent striker but isn't worth 7 million in my opinion. I think Everton are waiting for his contract to expire so I think we may have already lost out. Johnson got around the 20 mark for palace and He will never be worth that so why will Nugent?

Edited by Blue4Ever

Don't know really. Unimpressive at the U21's, but I think whoever said that last years £3/4m is now a £6/7m player was spot on. DM's on holiday atm anyway isn't he? Whatever...if he's interested at the price he can always match and join in, just 'cos there's two clubs talking at the mo doesn't mean he'll go to one of them.

Depends also on the transfer budget, there's positions need strengthening before the strikers and if Davey needs to prioritise so be it. Trust his judgement personally.

Do we know if Moyes has ever really wanted him?

If he still rates Beattie,and he ready to play youth(if your good enough your old

enough!)ie Vaughan and Anichebe.....would he spend big money on what looks

like previous posts have described as only an average player (Nugent).

There's also McFadden to add to the list of possible strikers!

Do we know if Moyes has ever really wanted him?

If he still rates Beattie,and he ready to play youth(if your good enough your old

enough!)ie Vaughan and Anichebe.....would he spend big money on what looks

like previous posts have described as only an average player (Nugent).

There's also McFadden to add to the list of possible strikers!

anichebe an vaughan in my opioion are not ready to play 35-40 games a season, if we do tha they wil just turn out 2 people like jeffer's an ball, who wer gr8 young player bu got pushed in to quickly an bascially failed

i think mcfadden is good bu not gr8, he has a few good games a season bu he is not consintant

i think we need to buy another strick tbh to do well in europe an challenge for euope agen