IGNORED

Nugent ?

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SUN

David Nugent could have to wait until Christmas to get his dream move to boyhood heroes Everton while West Ham and Sunderland are ready to pay the £7million-asking price now

DAILY MIRROR

Everton will urge David Nugent to hold his nerve as they attempt to engineer his dream move to Goodison Park from Preston.

Bit unfair of Everton to expect this - Nugent to run his contract down, its taking advantage of his love for the club. Will Everton look after him if he gets a injury that finishes his career next season?

If a player runs his own contract down to try and get a mega sign on fee or massive wages, then if he get injured then thats his own decison.

If Nugent does do this and turns down a move to the Prem this summer in order for Everton to come in for him in the New Year, then as an Everton fan he will get my upmost respect no matter what sort of Premiership player he turns out to be.

The SUN

David Nugent could have to wait until Christmas to get his dream move to boyhood heroes Everton while West Ham and Sunderland are ready to pay the £7million-asking price now

DAILY MIRROR

Everton will urge David Nugent to hold his nerve as they attempt to engineer his dream move to Goodison Park from Preston.

Bit unfair of Everton to expect this - Nugent to run his contract down, its taking advantage of his love for the club. Will Everton look after him if he gets a injury that finishes his career next season?

If a player runs his own contract down to try and get a mega sign on fee or massive wages, then if he get injured then thats his own decison.

If Nugent does do this and turns down a move to the Prem this summer in order for Everton to come in for him in the New Year, then as an Everton fan he will get my upmost respect no matter what sort of Premiership player he turns out to be.

Nuff said!

Edited by GoldfishMemory

Well how about the Daily Mail then!!

Everton will urge David Nugent to hold his nerve as they attempt to engineer his dream move to Goodison.

The Preston striker has been given permission to speak to Sunderland and West Ham, after both club's met the current asking price of £6million.

But Nugent has just a year left on his contract, and Everton boss David Moyes believes the fee is too steep for a striker without any Premiership experience.

Nugent has gone on holiday after speaking to Sunderland boss Roy Keane, but has refused to commit himself. He is a lifelong Everton fan after being on the club's books as a boy, and would love to move back to Merseyside.

Moyes, though, insists the player has to be patient if he wants to join Everton.

If the end of the transfer window is in sight, and Preston still have not sold the England striker, then they will have to consider reducing his fee.

I still dont think the story holds any water because it's the assumption being made all over the place after Nugent spoke to Sunderland and then fooked off on his Jollies, idle journalism which they probs picked up off an internet forum somewhere IMO!

What is outlined is what I'v always said to all the preston fans tho, if we want him and he wants to sign for us this is the logical option, sign an under the table agreement with Everton and wait it out at Preston winning yourself your dream move, a massive signing on fee and teaching Preston a lesson for beeing greedy little fuckers!

What is outlined is what I'v always said to all the preston fans tho, if we want him and he wants to sign for us this is the logical option, sign an under the table agreement with Everton and wait it out at Preston winning yourself your dream move, a massive signing on fee and teaching Preston a lesson for beeing greedy little fuckers!

Which I hope happens so we get him either way but I can see Nugent getting impatient. We don't know what is happening behind the scenes, we may have made an offer but got Preston to sign an "exclusivity agreement" :P

Don't know on this one, a case of wait and see...

The lads on the fringe of the England Squad, he wants to improve his talents as well as his chances of remaining in the England managers eye, he will achieve both by playing in the higher grade football of the Premier League and the Massive coverage it recieves.

If Everton dont make the move he will go to either Sunderland or another club, i can assure you he will not be playing for Preston in the Championship this coming season, so all i can say to EFC is "who dares wins". If you want him, go and get him and stop pussyfooting about.

The lads on the fringe of the England Squad, he wants to improve his talents as well as his chances of remaining in the England managers eye, he will achieve both by playing in the higher grade football of the Premier League and the Massive coverage it recieves.

If Everton dont make the move he will go to either Sunderland or another club, i can assure you he will not be playing for Preston in the Championship this coming season, so all i can say to EFC is "who dares wins". If you want him, go and get him and stop pussyfooting about.

This is all Hypothetical based on there being any truth in the rumour but if thats the case then I doubt he will ever play for Everton. If he flops we will smile smugly and if he fires them in we wont pay the sky rocketing future fee so you can understand why the lad is taking his time.

Simple as he either waits or gives up on ever playing for the blues or thats how I see it anyway!

iTs nothing to do with Rumours, the lad has come out publicly and said many times he would like to play for Everton, so it all boils down to if EFC want him or not. IF THEY DONT come out and say so. Its not fair on the lad To keep him wondering and hanging about, IF THEY DO then meet the asking price and he's ours, SIMPLE AS.

I think that he will go to sunderland with a release clause in his contract if they are relegated.

Its a tough call on the price. I do beleive that its a bit high for a striker that is out of contract in a years time but at the end of the day its only 2 high if no one is willing to pay it and it looks like 2 clubs at the moment are willing to pay that.

DM has to do something in the transfer window and soon in my opinion. With the lads back next week for the start of pre season would think that would want some of the signings to come in and train as long as possible,

If the rumours are true that DM is waiting for news on Jag to sign before looking for more then that could very well be the biggest mistake of his Everton life.

My honest opinion is he will go to Sunderland.

He wants prem football & we dont look like we are stumping up the cash. I have to say I would also be quite anoyed with Moyes if he did stump up 6-7mil for an unproven striker!

Come on Liam we all know that last seasons £3-£4million player is now a £6-£7milllion player

Bill & Mark, Stewart Barlow & Bret Angel were both hitmen in the lower leagues!!

That step up to a premier league striker is massive and you can run around like a hedless chicken (or Marcus Bent as it's more commonly known) but putting the ball in the back of the net at this level takes a cirtain something!

Edited by GoldfishMemory

Bill & Mark, Stewart Barlow & Bret Angel were both hitmen in the lower leagues!!

That step up to a premier league striker is massive and you can run around like a hedless chicken (or Marcus Bent as it's more commonly known) but putting the ball in the back of the net at this level takes a cirtain something!

Liam - Darren Bent and Dean Ashton ring any bells? We were after both of them for a pittance and look at the price theyre going for now. You have to speculate to accumulate.

Liam - Darren Bent and Dean Ashton ring any bells? We were after both of them for a pittance and look at the price theyre going for now. You have to speculate to accumulate.

Fair enough so we play the "who dares wins" card and buy Nugent, it doesnt work out are you going to stand by your original decision and not turn on Moyues mid season????

This 'he is not worth x amount because he has one year left on his contract' is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard. He is worth what ever the next club will pay for him, wheather he has 1 year or 5 years on his conract.

It is only worth something is Nugent say catagorically to Preston the only club I am willing to move to is Everton. Full stop.Either for whatever they offer for me now or for free in the summer. Now if Nugent isn't going to go that far then the amount of time left on his contract is totally irrelavent.

Everton should make reasonable offer say £3M down payment then say performance add ons and sell on clauses making it up to the £5 - 6M needed to get his signiture.

So lets for get about the 1 year left on his contract business.

It doesn't matter which player you talk about coming up from the Championship it is a risk . But Nugent has a quality touch and a eye for goal - would be a great foil for AJ, is first choice U21 striker, and has come on in a competative game for England, abit playing in the championship - He is still only 22 year. We can go around and round on the unproven at Premiership debat, but the fact is he is the hottest property in the Championship striker wise, so to me £6M isn't a unrealistic price for him this summer.

The best unproven Premiership defenders are now going for between £5M - £10M. an unproven 'who he' Tim Cahill was £2.5M three years ago!.

Is £6M for Nugent such an unrealistic valuation??

These were noy regular u21 internationals nor did they have an international cap and goal

imo, 6-7 mil for nugent is a snip in todays market, he will be an international player. I dont see him getting 20+ goals but he is the perfect partner for AJ. The only thing stopping everton putting in a bid is we have very little money, but he's worth it easy. £7m is nothing in todays market, so what if he's untried the talent is there. Who is there for 6-7 mil better?

imo, 6-7 mil for nugent is a snip in todays market, he will be an international player. I dont see him getting 20+ goals but he is the perfect partner for AJ. The only thing stopping everton putting in a bid is we have very little money, but he's worth it easy. £7m is nothing in todays market, so what if he's untried the talent is there. Who is there for 6-7 mil better?

a snip? lay off the crack. how can you say he's worth it easy and then go on to say he's untried....sooooo how can you say he's worth it when you don't even know if he'll make the starting line-up...

and as for who's better, a lot players, it just that moyes isn't particularly open minded....smith is a better player

Mike, I have tried being nice, I have tried being diplomatic, I have even tried pandering to you ego.

Stop talking shit boy, Smith is a fucking has-been, his best days were at Leeds, he is a mediocre squad player at best. Nugent is a player for the future who will provide us with a much needed injection of local pride.

You fucking beaut knob.

Mac

Mike, I have tried being nice, I have tried being diplomatic, I have even tried pandering to you ego.

Stop talking shit boy, Smith is a fucking has-been, his best days were at Leeds, he is a mediocre squad player at best. Nugent is a player for the future who will provide us with a much needed injection of local pride.

You fucking beaut knob.

Mac

Don't hold back Mac speak your mind :P