IGNORED

Man. United

Sandman

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't no about this one could be either a drubing by Man U or a Everton win cant see a draw. The way Man U are in at the moment tho is a positive. I think a Everton win but by the narrowest of margins possibly a last minute goal like Johnson against Arsenal :D . No doubt it will be though :angry:

Edited by Josh Berno

Guess everyones front two will be AJ and Yakubu!........Lets hope Yakubu gets to

work on that fitness this week,and doesn't expect AJ to run non stop and put goals

on a plate for him.

Let's hope there's more to our new big man than that!

Roll on Vaughan getting back to full fitness,and putting pressure on both Yakubu

and AJ,I think it will be a good thing.

Can Moyes start Gravo next week against Man utd?I recon the polished heads of

Gravo,AJ and Carsley,should be enough to dazzle the Man Utd goalkeeper(weather

permiting)......

Shows were in the right direction!.....Because most would consider a draw lost points.

Don't no about this one could be either a drubing by Man U or a Everton win cant see a draw. The way Man U are in at the moment tho is a positive. I think a Everton win but by the narrowest of margins possibly a last minute goal like Johnson against Arsenal :D . No doubt it will be tho :angry:

i'd love a 1-0 win. and i think it's possible especially the way Man U are playing. they barely scraped by against spurs (who we tore apart) and lowly sunderland. but isn't ronaldo back for next weekends game? if he is then we may have a problem

Howard

Neville Yobo Lescott Baines

Arteta Jagielka Gravesen Pienaar

AJ Yak

Yeah i would go with that team, decent pace in that side which i always thought was important against Man u.

I have a feeling that they will not like coming to Goodison at all for this game and maybe that could help us sneak a 1-0 win. Hopefully AJ to get off the mark.

If we can get a 2 - 0 start like last season this team wont let it slip, we've Got to look for a win or at least a draw.

:lol: Exactly what I've been thinking sat in the car waiting for the wife and daughter to finish interminal shopping. Shame Ronaldo'll be back and given their trouble scoring up to now we could have done without Saha being back. Be amazed if Rooney recovered this quickly but it would be just our luck and very surprised they didn't buy another out-and-out striker in the window.

Think we can get a result from it....not often in recent years we've gone into a game with them above them in the league :D . Long may it continue.

nah romey rooneys injured, i heard he wont be back till very end of september. i think this time there is a much more real possibility of keeping a clean sheet against them, they arent scoring freely like last season. and we have a better strike force with yak on board. we didnt have AJ or howard for the last manure game either, and we have a proper left back now too.

If we can get a 2 - 0 start like last season this team wont let it slip, we've Got to look for a win or at least a draw.

Would be nice if we could keep a clean sheet for the first time, and AJ bags his first goal.

agreed, this team has more strength in depth and even more quality defensivly with baines and jags on board. i also think manure arent in brilliant form so they might not be able to pull that come back again. although unfortunately theyll probably score, we havent been keeping clean sheets lately.

as much as i would love a clean sheet, i don't think its gonna happen. i'd say 1-1 or 2-1 to us. ronaldo's back for the game so that might be a problem, but the rest of manure aren't playing particularly well.

They are playing well though, they're just struggling for goals. If our defence improves then we could grab a point and maybe nick a winner.

Bit worrying....

Tim Howard suffered a dislocated finger in the USA's 4-2 defeat to Brazil in Chicago on Sunday.

The Everton keeper completed the 90 minutes for the US despite the injury but the injury could make him a doubt for Saturday's Barclays Premier League encounter against his former club Manchester United.

Howard, who returns to the UK today, said: “It was pretty sore. I just tried to play through it, and hoped that the adrenaline would get me through it. You know to be honest, you know how it is when you travel with injuries—right now it’s swollen like a balloon, and I’m hoping that the flight doesn’t take too much out of it. I’ll see the doctors when I get back.”

Howard remains confident he will figure for the Blues against United as Everton seek to continue their promising start to the 2007/08 campaign.

...would be potentially as big a loss as in last seasons game, though hopefully Wessels won't find an old pair of Teflons gloves lying around like Turner did :unsure: .

Not a bad time to player Utd - after an international break - Tevez in Oz is good.

Can't see Rooney being risked agaist Everton - Not really the game you would want him to be brought back to. Even if he did play, he is not going to be match fit or match sharp - so not such a bad thing if he did play.

I think we have enough quality in the team now to start the game looking for a result against Man U at home, rather than hopefully 'nicking' a point or three.

I think a 2-1 victory to, with Johnston getting both.

I was away for the blackburn game, we drew this at home and im not sure if we played that well. We didnt play too well against bolton, so hope we come good and everything clicks against manure.

I'll settle for a draw against the defending champions, but agree that with their striker problems this could be a really good time to play them

I will ask my daughter for a prediction, she has a habit of getting them right