Sign in to follow this  
Romey 1878

What Are You Reading?

Read so little nowadays but just finished Jenson Button's autobiography; not exactly taxing and it only took three days (started on the plane) but very enjoyable. Love the style it's written in, no doubt by a "ghost", but it's just the way I like to write. Comes across the way he does in person, a really nice bloke, and makes no secret of the fact that he likes a drink:); at the same time being a consummate pro when it's needed. Not a seriously bad word to say about anybody, Hamilton included; he talks about fall outs but then qualifies them by saying he understands or that he and "x" ended up friends. Exception being Jackie Stewart who was scathing in his criticism when JB got his first F1 drive,  ‘I don’t believe you can go straight from kindergarten to university’ he said; he doesn't get another mention in the book after that's quoted.

I am reading the riot act to the hospital and the dentist at the moment.  They have both cancelled appointments over the past two days and I am going to have a miserable Christmas as a result.

In the way it is meant, I am reading a few sci-fi novels as it is close to Christmas.

Just finished 'The Gigante'.  This is the story of John Charles transfer from Leeds United to Juventus in 1957.  Good read which covers the politics of the transfer and the difficulties faced by John Charles and his family in moving to a strange country. Second half of the book covers his first season in Italian football when Juventus went from relegation candidates to league winners. John Charles scored 28 goals in spite of playing several games in defence.  Well researched by author Robert Endeacott and published by Ockley books.

PS  I am not on commission!😀 (though I do get a mention in 'Acknowledgements')