Brown and his Hull players once had a 'famous' incident where they talked down a jumper from The Humber Bridge a year or two ago, a notorious suicide hotspot apparently. I just wondered what words were said to encourage him to come down, but in all seriousness, they have to be applauded for their efforts.

You can almost imagine a similar scenario at one of our recent darkest times when Moyes and Kenwright were seen trying to talk someone down from the top of The Liver building or something.

Brown and his Hull players once had a 'famous' incident where they talked down a jumper from The Humber Bridge a year or two ago, a notorious suicide hotspot apparently. I just wondered what words were said to encourage him to come down, but in all seriousness, they have to be applauded for their efforts.

You can almost imagine a similar scenario at one of our recent darkest times when Moyes and Kenwright were seen trying to talk someone down from the top of The Liver building or something.

Yeah, I can imagine Moyes shouting "Get ya sen doon from thar yer theevin Scoose barstard".

In tonight's evidence once again I can see why he's out on-loan rather than in our 1st team set-up... quality, no doubt, on the ball but he's not aware and not wise enough off the ball and doesn't seem to work hard enough to get back into position. He needs to add that to his game if he's going to become a top, top midfielder.

In that 30secs he just ahowed his quality. Plucked the ball out of the air on the turn, plays a decent through ball that breaks down and when ut comes back to him, he moves the ball onto his right foot, gets half a yard and fires off a dangerous looking shot (before it got blocked).

I was feeling a bit nervous until I realized it was an innocent game in the second league of domestics. Of course the Barkley kid is on loan to Sheffield Wednesday and that was a relief. I sincerely thought it could have been something else. I believe also his loan deal is due to expire any time soon, unless of course as stated above, they decide to keep him on a while longer or there is an extension.

Read some posts of sheff weds forum, incredible that many of them think that they have better options available within their own youth set up. Seriously... I understand the tribalism of the game and wanting one of your own youth products to come through the ranks but honestly he is a level above them and it had been noted by a few of their fans who said he sees passes that the forwards do not have the movement to make possible.

A few fans on there are clearly football people and have balanced opinions - which is "Clearly is a class player and will be a future england international but needs to focus and learn from mistakes" - let's hope this loan "grounds" him a little and makes him realise that he is a very fortunate, talented player who needs to do standard stuff better and choose the right moments for the glitzy stuff.

I for one am keeping a close eye on this loan as this is a defining time for a player with immense potential. Personally I would have him in our midfield ahead of Neville now. As mad as that sounds we have very little to lose, Neville makes mistakes playing it safe, Barkley makes mistakes being adventurous. I known who we are more likely to score from.

I wouldn't have him in the middle for Neville as he gives the ball away too much. Behind the striker and a reshuffle would be interesting.

Dropping Felli back could create room up top, interchanges between a front 4 of Jelly, Mirallas, Pienaar and Naismith/Barkley would be interesting.

Have to feel a bit sorry for Wednesday's opposition at the weekend, I do hope they can sort themselves out. What the fuck were they thinking, keeping hold of Jewell for so long, or even appointing him in the first place.

I tried long and hard finding some match highights from the game at Portman Road on saturday and Barkley's goals, but on the respective sites, highlights are only available to subscribers, and on youtube there was nothing to be had. He is doing well for himself up there though.

38:30 into this...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...013_27_10_2012/

....though you may need to be in the UK. You do for a lot of iplayer stuff.

Yeah, wants me to not be a dirty colonialist. You'd think they could make an exception for Canada, or at least British Columbia, or at the very least the city of Victoria, I mean it's got to be the most British place in the world off the rock. Thanks anyway.

Seems like it was the right decision to let him go out on loan for a couple of months.

That said can't wait to see him back at Everton.

I was hinting at us needing someone to find a goal in our current game.

Yes, Barkley scored again today in a win over Peterborough at Hillsborough, and the run continues for the kid. Really is making a name for himself now in the championship league. I don't think Sheffield will want to let him go or even allow us to have him back if this continues..

He's doing well, so leave him where he is.

He's not ready for the Premiership yet, and if we get him back ready for next season, he'll hopefully be a bit closer to what we need.

I think he is exactly the type of player we need right now though. Maybe not necessarily him right now but certainly someone with his style of play.

He's doing well, so leave him where he is.

He's not ready for the Premiership yet, and if we get him back ready for next season, he'll hopefully be a bit closer to what we need.

Completely agree Avin, he needs to stay there until the summer. Come back full of confidence for next season.

United did it with Cleverly at Wigan, then put him straight into the first team when he got back.

Honestly... I would actually look at getting him back at finch farm for the odd training session. This sounds a bit nutty but I think it's an opportunity for Moyes and the coaching staff to see where is callobrated against his peers. Play him in a few training matches where he is against fellaini, if he holds his own there then you know he is on the right track, if he doesn't then he will know that getting a player of the month for a league 1 team counts for little when he is looking to make it as a premier league regular.

Really pleased that this move is working out for the lad, I had no doubts that it would. However my understanding is that he lacks maturity in terms of accountability for his decision making. Being the king pin in a poorer team may cloud his perception as to how he is doing versus where he needs to be.

Honestly... I would actually look at getting him back at finch farm for the odd training session. This sounds a bit nutty but I think it's an opportunity for Moyes and the coaching staff to see where is callobrated against his peers. Play him in a few training matches where he is against fellaini, if he holds his own there then you know he is on the right track, if he doesn't then he will know that getting a player of the month for a league 1 team counts for little when he is looking to make it as a premier league regular.

Really pleased that this move is working out for the lad, I had no doubts that it would. However my understanding is that he lacks maturity in terms of accountability for his decision making. Being the king pin in a poorer team may cloud his perception as to how he is doing versus where he needs to be.

Wednesday are in the championship now, I definitely think the standards high enough that this loan will help him fully prepare for the Prem.

Really think we should be aiming for him to spend the whole season there too as he's getting plenty of games, worked for plenty of other clubs before

Iv always been a fan of loan moves for young players as they learn about what it means to really get 3 points. In the reserves no-one really cares whether you win or lose and a bad game will be quickly forgotten. The fans wont let you get away with that playing in the first time and I bet it comes as a real eye opener to some of them.

Completely agree Avin, he needs to stay there until the summer. Come back full of confidence for next season.

United did it with Cleverly at Wigan, then put him straight into the first team when he got back.

There only concern is have with this is, and no offence to Sheffiel , but cleverly was on loan at a prem club, so playing a higher level than the championship, the same with Coleman at Blackpool, there can be a big difference playing at prem level and championship level.

Not being funny, But Cleverly is shite. If he played for a mid table club then there isn't a cat in hells chance he'd be within a thousand miles of the England squad. Personally think its a good level for him to go in at, he is only 18/19 cleverly was a few years older at Wigan I think, so who's to say he might not be on loan at a lower end prem club next year?

There only concern is have with this is, and no offence to Sheffiel , but cleverly was on loan at a prem club, so playing a higher level than the championship, the same with Coleman at Blackpool, there can be a big difference playing at prem level and championship level.

Blackpool were a Championship side when Coleman played for them.

Doubtful. I don't think the players arrival means more televised games for SWFC. It's probably dependant on the caliber of opposition that Owls play rather than Barkley's participation.

Middlesbrough today in the league. They're a big club and doing well in the championship league so there you are.

Middlesbrough today in the league. They're a big club and doing well in the championship league so there you are.

Have you seen the wide open empty spaces at the Riverside? Look in the stands. Big club my arse.

Not really been that impressed with him so far. He has played a couple of nice balls and had a couple of good touches but he just doesnt seem to want to really get into the game. He just kinda jogs around waiting for something to happen.

When he has the ball he is always looking for runs but I think he needs to realise that he can also make things happen without the ball.

He also gets caught on the wrong side defensively a lot.

On the plus side, I have been impressed with his aerial ability.

The guy who posted about the empty stadium at boro, i used to live in Middlesbrough and even in the prem they had bad turn outs, the town is a ghost town also and should be bombed off the map..