Zoo

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Hoffenheim giving it a good go against city and although they have a slightly rotated squad they look like they can be somewhat easily be broken down. 

On the other hand though they've been very deadly on the counter. 

I don't know when aguero is due to return though

Edit: commentator just said he's likely to return against us. 

4 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Hoffenheim giving it a good go against city and although they have a slightly rotated squad they look like they can be somewhat easily be broken down. 

On the other hand though they've been very deadly on the counter. 

I don't know when aguero is due to return though

Edit: commentator just said he's likely to return against us. 

Of course that's when he would return.

Just now, sibdane said:

Of course that's when he would return.

Yeah sods law. Jesus is really struggling to find the net too (not as if that would have stopped him against us though!) 

1 hour ago, aaron said:

Imagine being sacked and paid £24m.

If any one of us was sacked we probably wouldn't get 24p! Football is a proper mad sport isn'tttt it.

wild.  i'm going to wager he goes to the italian league or he becomes the portugal national team manager.  

as for replacement, i don't see Levy letting Potch leave, and that roster is awful as is the guy who staffs them (woodward).  could be a tough ask to find a manager.

Unless he was the one responsible for bringing in all the expensive flops I don't think he deserved to be sacked. Of all the players brought in only Pogba, Lukaku and Matic got near the starting eleven. 

Lukaku.... the last 2 managers to sign him for record fees were sacked whilst he was offering the square root of naff all.

Ironically Martinez and mourinho both sacked not long after a game that lukaku spent hiding behind a Liverpool centre half.

Any fans who think that coward can offer us something are mad. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Lukaku.... the last 2 managers to sign him for record fees were sacked whilst he was offering the square root of naff all.

Ironically Martinez and mourinho both sacked not long after a game that lukaku spent hiding behind a Liverpool centre half.

Any fans who think that coward can offer us something are mad. 

I’m a crazy 😜 fucker bring him back. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

That first sacked manager then picked him to lead the line at the world cup.

Woodward should have been fired first. Mourinho likes big athletic players yet they brought in the likes of Linderlof and Sanchez. 

i agree with this, woodward is the problem and good news for us, he's still there which should assure 6th place finishes for united for the next few years.  They haven't been able to get a proper CB in possibly a decade. their recruitment is awful.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Woodward isn'ttt a DOF... mourinho picks his players. £400m in 2 years he spent...

I don’t believe for a minute Pogba was someone he wanted myself. Think that was a case of Woodward shitting his pants knowing he needed a statement signing to appease fans. 

The trouble is they paid a special price for a very ordinary player. The only statement it made was that United no longer know what they’re doing. 

55 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Burton in the semifinals of the League Cup. Just goes to prove, once again, that it's a Mickey Mouse competition. Good luck to them, though. Maybe they can follow in the footsteps of Bradford, who almost won a European spot a few seasons ago.

Newly promoted Leicester won the league, is that now a Mickey Mouse competition as well?  I don’t agree with your logic Steve.  It’s a serious trophy I would love for us to win.

In my opinion the most important trophies are as follows:-

The league

Champions league

FA Cup

Europa

League cup

The fa cup is and should be 3rd and I don't like how it's been devalued.... it's a huge part of English football history.  Sadly most fans under the age of 25 will understand how ace cup final day used to be.  I blame United going to Brazil for the world club championships for part of that downturn in prestige. 

57 minutes ago, hafnia said:

In my opinion the most important trophies are as follows:-

The league

Champions league

FA Cup

Europa

League cup

The fa cup is and should be 3rd and I don't like how it's been devalued.... it's a huge part of English football history.  Sadly most fans under the age of 25 will understand how ace cup final day used to be.  I blame United going to Brazil for the world club championships for part of that downturn in prestige. 

Ace post Haf 😂 with you there mate.

I still think the FA cup is the most famous club cup competition in the world and many of the worlds top players dream of playing in it, and it is shown in many countries round the world. 

18 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

The FA Cup final used to be the most special day of the year. There was something about seeing the ball hit the back of the net in the final that can barely be explained. It was so exciting. 

Blanket coverage on both main channels from about 11.00, all sorts of garbage but great fun, unmissable. Now I don't think I've watched a final since we were in it. Sad really.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Blanket coverage on both main channels from about 11.00, all sorts of garbage but great fun, unmissable. Now I don't think I've watched a final since we were in it. Sad really.

You crazy fool it’s the FA cup 😉

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Incredible.

I know can't get my head round it at the moment.

The worse thing about this is a couple more of these results from them then the shite could be handed the league😨

"Celtic will be top of the Scottish Premiership on Christmas Day after what Brendan Rodgers called one of the "most enjoyable performances" of his reign."

3-0 win at home against a team (Dundee) who have nine points from nineteen games, easily pleased obviously.

35 minutes ago, Bailey said:

This United side look tasty. Very fluid in attack but Benitez is finding ways to get at their back 4. Just a shame its Atsu with the 

Lukaku can't be playing then...

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

Lukaku scored!!! 

2 yards out from a keeper spillage and gave it the big shushes.... haha

We could’ve done with someone being in the box and anticipating things against Leicester when Bernard fizzed a ball in and Tosun and DCL were nowhere to be found for an easy tap in. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

We could’ve done with someone being in the box and anticipating things against Leicester when Bernard fizzed a ball in and Tosun and DCL were nowhere to be found for an easy tap in. 

Like when Gerry Deulofeu whizzed in ball after ball across the 6 yard box and big Rom used to point at his feet whilst stood on the edge of the box... crowd used to go mental. 

I actually thought if we had a gray, lineker or Cottee we would have scored 15 goals from gerrys crosses alone..

Lukaku will be getting used as an impact sub now... something I have always said is suited to him.  He can't do 90 minutes - lacks focus and hunger for that time.   If United continue to use their mobile players for the first 60 or 70 Rom will get goals from being fresh.  He did this at WBA effectively.... it's just That impact sub shouldn't cost £90m.

8 hours ago, hafnia said:

Like when Gerry Deulofeu whizzed in ball after ball across the 6 yard box and big Rom used to point at his feet whilst stood on the edge of the box... crowd used to go mental. 

I actually thought if we had a gray, lineker or Cottee we would have scored 15 goals from gerrys crosses alone..

Lukaku will be getting used as an impact sub now... something I have always said is suited to him.  He can't do 90 minutes - lacks focus and hunger for that time.   If United continue to use their mobile players for the first 60 or 70 Rom will get goals from being fresh.  He did this at WBA effectively.... it's just That impact sub shouldn't cost £90m.

You see, this is where you make me laugh.

You did all that complaining you've just mentioned, then when he actually is in the box and alert for those sorts of chances you laugh at him for it.

You're so blinkered when it comes to him, it does not matter what he does he's always going to be wrong to you.

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

You see, this is where you make me laugh.

You did all that complaining you've just mentioned, then when he actually is in the box and alert for those sorts of chances you laugh at him for it.

You're so blinkered when it comes to him, it does not matter what he does he's always going to be wrong to you.

How often is the point.... you can't score from 2 yards after being shite all season and give it the big shushes. He's a 90m sub....

17 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

could you imagine gylfi, bernard and gomes feeding him?  he's be scoring left and right.  

I could imagine him and Walcott having a hiding competition yeah. 

Spurs taking no risks tonight at Tranmere, a few top players benched but a decent XI taking the competition seriously, even though they're still in the hunt on two other fronts. The fact that this competition is all we have left means we should do minimally the same tomorrow.

DwFnE1oXQAIox8F.jpg:large

Tata Martino confirmed as the new Mexico head coach. I have no idea why he wasn't chased by the USA. Instead we got Berhalter and according to the higher-ups Martino wasn't even on the radar. Shocking if true.

9 minutes ago, sibdane said:

Tata Martino confirmed as the new Mexico head coach. I have no idea why he wasn't chased by the USA. Instead we got Berhalter and according to the higher-ups Martino wasn't even on the radar. Shocking if true.

Martino doesn't speak english, that was the main reason.  i love martino too, but when i read that i understood why he was passed up.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

Martino doesn't speak english, that was the main reason.  i love martino too, but when i read that i understood why he was passed up.

Interesting. I assumed he knew English since he coached at Atlanta.

11 minutes ago, sibdane said:

Interesting. I assumed he knew English since he coached at Atlanta.

the more i read about berhalter the more i like the signing, i might even start watching the games again.  the job he did at Columbus was amazing considering what a small market that is and he couldn't get big time DP's to come there (See Rooney, Beckham, Villa, etc.).  He had a ton of caps as a US international during his playing career.  He spent the majority of his career in Europe (played for Crystal Palace among others) plying his trade.  He brings the European knowledge/experience and MLS experience together.  He coached in both Europe and MLS as well.  I honestly feel he won't be biased one way or the other because he actual understands the demands of both (unlike Jurgen and Arena).  His tactical style as manager is possesion based technical football, which is the way the game has evolved, it's about time we adapt. 

THis article is decent:

https://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2018/12/3/18123598/usmnt-coach-gregg-berhalter-tactics-style-philosophy

10 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

the more i read about berhalter the more i like the signing, i might even start watching the games again.  the job he did at Columbus was amazing considering what a small market that is and he couldn't get big time DP's to come there (See Rooney, Beckham, Villa, etc.).  He had a ton of caps as a US international during his playing career.  He spent the majority of his career in Europe (played for Crystal Palace among others) plying his trade.  He brings the European knowledge/experience and MLS experience together.  He coached in both Europe and MLS as well.  I honestly feel he won't be biased one way or the other because he actual understands the demands of both (unlike Jurgen and Arena).  His tactical style as manager is possesion based technical football, which is the way the game has evolved, it's about time we adapt. 

THis article is decent:

https://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2018/12/3/18123598/usmnt-coach-gregg-berhalter-tactics-style-philosophy

That was a good article and gives me a little more hope about him. I didn't know much about his time at Columbus to be honest. Just that they haven't really done much in the league.