IGNORED

Phil Neville - ManU first team coach

• 4 years later...
  • Matt unlocked this topic
2 hours ago, Chach said:

Its a ridiculous thing for a minor celebrity/role model to post and think it might be funny, and he should be called out for it.

That's your opinion. Why are you offended? There's no seriousness to it, there's no malice, it's a joke. If Jimmy Carr said it there'd be no uproar. 

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

That's your opinion. Why are you offended? There's no seriousness to it, there's no malice, it's a joke. If Jimmy Carr said it there'd be no uproar. 

Well spotted, who else's opinion would I be giving.

You don't have to be offended to empathise with victims of domestic violence.

2 hours ago, Chach said:

Well spotted, who else's opinion would I be giving.

You don't have to be offended to empathise with victims of domestic violence.

That of the faux politically correct police. If you're offended by Phil Neville having a joke with his sister I'd advise you get help http://www.priorygroup.com/wellbeing-centres?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-qDTBRD-ARIsAJ_10yLVkXOJOkfMwaqrg91Ju0UGM98rbaLJzCgYI9m6PbI37dEd7SBTmIYaAkNdEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Life is too short for getting a hump on over that. Don't see how empathy comes into it. He's joked with his sister. Only one who should be offended is her. She's not so there's no one to empathise with. 

15 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

And as for me and sons together......Actually eldest and I had an interesting conversation re Womens' footie last weekend

It is a bit daft, several of us could've been tarred and feathered for posts made just yesterday if we were high profile and not the nonentities we are...

http://www.toffeetalk.com/topic/28798-january-transfer-window/?do=findComment&comment=622137

....it's only banter; I'm damn sure women talk about blokes the same way.

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

It is a bit daft, several of us could've been tarred and feathered for posts made just yesterday if we were high profile and not the nonentities we are...

http://www.toffeetalk.com/topic/28798-january-transfer-window/?do=findComment&comment=622137

....it's only banter; I'm damn sure women talk about blokes the same way.

:yay:

9 hours ago, pete0 said:

That of the faux politically correct police. If you're offended by Phil Neville having a joke with his sister I'd advise you get help http://www.priorygroup.com/wellbeing-centres?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-qDTBRD-ARIsAJ_10yLVkXOJOkfMwaqrg91Ju0UGM98rbaLJzCgYI9m6PbI37dEd7SBTmIYaAkNdEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Life is too short for getting a hump on over that. Don't see how empathy comes into it. He's joked with his sister. Only one who should be offended is her. She's not so there's no one to empathise with. 

I already said I'm not offended, and if people want to make jokes about things that have their roots in a reality that is very real and unpleasant like wife battering, or like in your example of Jimmy Carr, child molestation or mosquitoes catching AIDS from Africans  then at the end of the day they're only words and hurting peoples feelings is not a criminal offence.

But if they choose too in the social media age where what you post can be read by everyone and not just your mates down the pub, people who have the capacity for abstract thought are likely to hold a mirror up to those words and expose the troglodyte saying/writing them.

Political correctness may be clumsy but as the world gets smaller and smaller with new technology its the best we've got to find a language that doesn't exclude people.

He's a wally for deleting his twitter, anyone who is aware of who is he is would know he's just a footballer from a working class background repeating something he's heard his old man say to barrels of laughter, there's certainly no malice. Just apologise and move on.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

As ever, the perfect summary...

Absolutely love this guy!!!

On this particular topic, which I have deliberately left alone, I feel embarrassed for all those Ultra Left, Ultra Feminist, Ultra fuckwits who take absolutely any opportunity to put themselves on the higher morales of life platform and spill out more and more shit with each passing week. What must life be like for these people who jump on absolutely nothing in order to get attention?

I despise them. I really really do. I'm sick to the teeth of these numpties putting themselves up on a pedestal. Desperate for more followers, more likes...their lives must be shit. They ruin it for those who fight for a genuine cause. They weaken the message and steer attention away from where it is really needed.

I really struggle to find the words to express how frustrated I am with these absolute idiots. 

Guess what? I just battered my son. On WWE on Xbox.

I battered my wife once. With a pillow.

Just fuck right off.