IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

Makis, every fucking club pays like that! If they didn't, they wouldn't accept it when selling players. It helps with cash flow.

United paid us £10, £10 and £6m for Rooney. They will still owe us for Fellaini.

We sold Lescott to city for the whole lot up front apparently, but when you are bank rolled by a Sheik like City and PSG, it's a lot easier.

If you want to a stick to beat the club with, that one is a shit one.

To be honest, I'm more bored than ever now. Surely I've got something better to do than read this shite.

How many clubs spent more this window than us? Where's the money going? Drip drip or not, our revenue this year should be around 120 million with wages at around 60%. Next year same, after that there should be another huge hike.

We desperately needed some creativity and a decent backup for Lukaku. We got neither.

16 clubs spent more than us. only 4 spent below us (bournemouth, norwich, arsenal, swansea)

So, we are officially the only club in the Premier League with no other ambition than to stay still and tread water. No wonder when our "friends" can fleece millions off the club with their high-interest rate loans.

Here's what I predict will happen in the near future:

First we will see a full-on PR exercise on the Echo, basically written by EFC PR department. It has actually already started with the Yarmolenko story ("honestly, we tried").

In October we will hear that meetings regarding the stadium have been held but no-one still has any idea how it could be financed, so it's basically still dead in the water. If we are lucky we might get some artists' impressions which might even include bat lights.

We will be around 10th position most of the season. A good run will see us stave off relegation but we won't be anywhere near European spots because at some point we will have injuries to key players. We will also struggle to score again in many games because there's just not enough creativity. Remember we have played four games so far in PL and in only one of those the team played well (City was borderline, but we never stood a chance). Against Spurs we managed two chances and their keeper only needed to make one decent save all game and that was because of a mistake from their defender. Plus Howard saved us that point.

Some of our more ambitious youngsters will realise that this club is going absolutely nowhere so they will definitely tell their agents to look for a new club. I will be quite surprised if this time next year Stones and Lukaku are still at the club.

The club should get 60-70 million for the pair but despite that and the TV money Martinez will have at most 50 million to spend. Of course we were led to believe we had 20 million to spend on a player this window as well, but who really believes RM will have about 50 million to spend next summer without sales? Anyone? And with that money he will need to replace those two, find a new keeper and somehow strengthen the squad (remembering that several players are getting on).

Let's recap: Martinez told even before the window opened he had identified the need for three players: a centre back, a number ten and a forward. We totally failed with one of the positions, I very much doubt Rodriguez will ever play more than a handful of games and Mori is a big risk. We did sign two right wingers and a decent midfielder. Yay.

Let's look at what other clubs signed, just for comparison:

• Aston Villa. Veretout, Traore (not the shite one), Gestede, J Ayew, Gueye (not the shite one) and a couple of others.
  • Crystal Palace: Bamford, Cabaye, Sako, Wickham.
  • Leicester: Inler.
  • Newcastle: Mitrovic, Thauvin, Wijnaldum.
  • Southampton: Clasie, van Dijk, Soares, Romeu, Juanmi.
  • Stoke: Shaqiri, Afellay, El Ouriachi, Joselu.
  • Sunderland: Lens.
  • Swansea: A Ayew, Eder.
  • WBA: Evans, Rondon.
  • West Ham: Payet, Ogbonna (yes, he's had a poor start but remember this was our #1 target for CB), Obiang, Antonio and a few others.
I can't believe how many players who would have strengthened our squad moved to the PL. Not all of them would have been first choice (any strikers on that list would have been backup to Lukaku and CB's would have been third choice) but they would have either improved the squad or been interesting young players to get excited about. Some would have been perfect fits: Andre Ayew on that problematic left midfield spot? I guess Swansea is a more interesting club. Payet would have been a perfect fit for that #10 spot. But West Ham is in London.. (anyone else worried that players choose West Ham over us just because they play in London?). Lens and Shaqiri would have been good fits for LW as well. Some good strikers there as well I would have been happy with to add some depth.

I'm definitely with you now Makis. As said Kenwright saved us but now I've had enough and this board has to go.

That makes twenty-one clubs in the league :huh:; ah well at least we'll stay up, and Arsenal might be relegated because net spend will always dictate where you finish.

sorry mike that whole math thing :) we're 16th in spend this year so 4 teams behind and 15 in front. i forgot i can't count us :)

Edited by markjazzbassist

I'm sure all you Kenwright apologists and pro-board people will find this article boring but for the rest of us it makes interesting reading:

http://evertonviral.com/who-is-the-main-player-in-the-everton-show/

interesting read. a lot of investor jargon and investor groups. my little finance knowledge i gleaned that it seems that whole thing is the loan companies are really a vehicle for Sir Phillip Green to make money. He does so by having 2 proxies (Daniel Levy at Spurs, Robbie Earl/BK at Everton) who borrow from the club and it makes Sir Phillip tons of interest and money.

BK and DL do this because BK didn't have any money to buy the team and Sir PG saw an investment opportunity. Not sure why Levy is in on it.

Is that a correct summation Makis?

sorry mike that whole math thing :) we're 16th in spend this year so 4 teams behind and 15 in front. i forgot i can't count us :)

Surely we should be looking at net spend?

Would have Southampton spent £41.2m without the £37.5m received?

Highly unlikely. Their board has only had to invest £3.7m.

interesting read. a lot of investor jargon and investor groups. my little finance knowledge i gleaned that it seems that whole thing is the loan companies are really a vehicle for Sir Phillip Green to make money. He does so by having 2 proxies (Daniel Levy at Spurs, Robbie Earl/BK at Everton) who borrow from the club and it makes Sir Phillip tons of interest and money.

BK and DL do this because BK didn't have any money to buy the team and Sir PG saw an investment opportunity. Not sure why Levy is in on it.

Is that a correct summation Makis?

I can't read it, won't open. Spurs are owned by the billionaire Joe Lewis...so not sure he would need Greens loans??? (I'm guessing that's what is being said?)

I'll start by listing a few key things:

Current director Robert Earl’s shares in Everton were purchased from Paul Gregg in 2006. Gregg was founder of the Apollo Leisure Group, and, with Kenwright, formed the True Blue Holdings consortium in 1999. Paul Gregg’s involvement with this takeover, or to be more accurate, his family’s involvement cannot be overlooked.

Paul’s wife, Anita, provided a £7m loan to Kenwright which was the sum of his investment in True Blue Holdings and therefore Everton. Kenwright likes to tell the story that he mortgaged his house for Everton. However, closer inspection reveals two things. Firstly, that it must have been some house to raise £7m! Secondly, paperwork reveals he had already mortgaged his house four years earlier.

Gregg later told Everton pressure group KEIOC that he had been paid for the shares, sold to Robert Earl, by Sir Philip Green – shares that went on to be registered in the British Virgin Islands to a company called BCR Sports which Robert Earl described as a “family investment”- BCR are indeed the initials of his children’s names.

As Paul Gregg made clear, Green assisted Kenwright in his removal from the board by purchasing his shares on behalf of the current chairman. It takes no great leap of faith to believe he must have completed the job by providing additional money to pay off the money owed by Kenwright to Anita Gregg.

In 2008, the then CEO of Everton, Keith Wyness, resigned from Everton on a matter of principal, citing Sir Philip Green’s control over the club.

After Wyness submitted employment tribunal papers, it was reported in The Times that Sir Philip Green and Robert Earl raced across the Mediterranean in Green’s powerful yacht, “Lionheart,” to meet with Wyness and reach a mutually agreeable compensation package.

This included the signing of a confidentiality agreement, one which has been adhered to by Wyness.

The conclusions reached when researching Everton’s links to murky offshore dealings and “innovative” finance, go some way to explaining the incredible fact that none of the current Everton FC director’s has invested a single penny into the club. “Their” business.

But then why would they invest in something that isn’t their own?

Edited by Makis

Just came across this: http://www.newstatesman.com/business/2013/09/are-everton-fc-silencing-dissent

Basically, a middle-aged primary school teacher was too vocal so he the club claimed he did stuff (without proof) and subsequentially banned him from Goodison Park and sent police to his home.

Reading the whole report, I was struck by the flimsiness of the evidence selected to back up serious accusations against Knights. Not only has he had his season ticket revoked, he has received letters from solicitors threatening legal action, and been visited at his home by police. Knights denies the incidents these actions were based on took place. The burden of proving they did lies with those making the accusations but, on the evidence of what’s set out in the IFO report, that burden has not been shouldered. Nor is there any evidence that Knights would extend his campaign to matchday staff.

http://footballcarbon.com/polls/55e056bf36a1eef22a06518d

ask and thou shalt receive

not saying its definitive, but very interesting results so far :)

edit> as it stands:

How Would Everton fans like the club to move forward , considering on field performance as well as off field commercial performance.

Funny how this got skipped over...

:lol:

Ok, I'll try to keep this short because I can't be arsed to write another long piece.

Basically WatchedToffee has shown that the club is controlled by Green (a lot of people have suspected this for years). Kenwright was only able to buy the club with his money and later to replace Gregg with Earl with Green's money as well. So Green is the man who really controls the club and Kenwright is just a puppet. Green makes big profit from loans that the club takes out from strange companies operating from tax havens. The club ends up paying high interest for loans that are basically risk-free (even if we got relegated, a 100 million parachute payment would guarantee Green got his money back). We have lost two CEO's because of this and Elstone is probably the only one who was willing to take the job. He's clearly out of his depth and should have been sacked a long time ago, but he's fine with this scam so he stays.

This would also explain why the club hasn't been sold. You don't sell a milking cow. There's also no forthcoming investment from the "owners" because they don't own the club and Green doesn't give a fuck how Everton do. Him and Earl are both Spurs supporters in any case.

Funny how this got skipped over...

:lol:

Blimey contradictory stats to very similar questions - who put that together?

so by a process of deduction

No one trusts the board and the direction they are taking the club

but.... they trust the board its just the fact they dont have have a plan

then a third dont trust the board but theiur stance on stones has impressed.....

I sat an SHL inductive reasoning test not long a go and in all seriousness i'm stumped on those findings based on the questions onh the whole...

My feeling is that the board need to go - based on trust the board and the direction (pretty key), they need to get lost.

I trust the board but unsure they have a plan... 60%. Thats kinda like giving frank spencer the keys to your house whilew you are on holiday. He may not steal anything but theres a good chance it may flood under his watch.

Ok, I'll try to keep this short because I can't be arsed to write another long piece.

Basically WatchedToffee has shown that the club is controlled by Green (a lot of people have suspected this for years). Kenwright was only able to buy the club with his money and later to replace Gregg with Earl with Green's money as well. So Green is the man who really controls the club and Kenwright is just a puppet. Green makes big profit from loans that the club takes out from strange companies operating from tax havens. The club ends up paying high interest for loans that are basically risk-free (even if we got relegated, a 100 million parachute payment would guarantee Green got his money back). We have lost two CEO's because of this and Elstone is probably the only one who was willing to take the job. He's clearly out of his depth and should have been sacked a long time ago, but he's fine with this scam so he stays.

This would also explain why the club hasn't been sold. You don't sell a milking cow. There's also no forthcoming investment from the "owners" because they don't own the club and Green doesn't give a fuck how Everton do. Him and Earl are both Spurs supporters in any case.

I've had 3 text messages from various blues all season ticket holders linking "evertonviral - who is the main player".

One of whom I argued for a long time with several years ago. His final statement was "I trust Bill, if I see anything to change that I will be the first to hold my hand up"

Well today he has held his hand up and has become very very active about it too.

This isn't about "I told you so". Its about getting our club in a recovered state.

My guess is that the club will be sold but my fear will be that it will be done out of spite - if the person in power has to sell his "milking cow" he won't want it winning any rosettes.

Yeah, that's one thing, too. A lot of people are saying we should look at the clubs that got poor owners. There's absolutely no reason we automatically get better ones. On the contrary, since the club is just a money-making scheme for Green and Earl they are probably just looking for the buyer who pays the most. No matter what sort of crook that buyer happens to be.

If Green says he has found a buyer, Kenwright in reality can do nothing. Green would just ask his money back and there's no way Kenwright can find enough to pay him back. So the club is sold, be it a corrupt ex-prime minister or shady Russian businessman.

Yeah, that's one thing, too. A lot of people are saying we should look at the clubs that got poor owners. There's absolutely no reason we automatically get better ones. On the contrary, since the club is just a money-making scheme for Green and Earl they are probably just looking for the buyer who pays the most. No matter what sort of crook that buyer happens to be.

If Green says he has found a buyer, Kenwright in reality can do nothing. Green would just ask his money back and there's no way Kenwright can find enough to pay him back. So the club is sold, be it a corrupt ex-prime minister or shady Russian businessman.

The only way I will accept the sale of the club happening in a manner that will give me any comfort is if it is done by "professionals".

If the board have any decency they will allow the fans to appoint a person or a small group to be involved - the level of trust is at an all time low. Those who are continuing to show this "loyalty" need to open their eyes, the club has been an ego vehical for one person and a cash cow for others, and in between this we have been left with a CEO who has no integrity and it has shown by the people he has employed to spin the nonsense that so many have fallen for.

The likes of Stoke, Swansea, Southampton will be over taking us very shortly (if not already) - incredible isnt it.

The shadiness of this regime knows no limits, employees ringing talk sport pretending to be fans, leaked emails. Karen Brady piping up every time the spotlight goes on Bill..... now we know why.

Had enough of this now.

It's actually almost funny how the board uses the same tactics as oppresive dictators:

• Control the media: Echo is in their backpocket and they can also have a PR piece printed in one of the big nationals when they want. This way you don't get any articles undermining the leaders in the papers.
  • Strong propaganda with an emphasis on bigging the leader. Aim is to build an image of someone who is very much a people's man (even if he isn't) who only cares about his subjects' best. He got to where he was through big personal sacrifices. Media control is needed for this as well.
  • Use special people to survey, search and identify dissidents. After that, punish them.
  • Create a group or groups that look like they can offer an alternative voice but fill them with pro-government people.
  • Make people believe things are always on the up. They might not be perfect right now, but the leader and his trusted aides are working hard to correct things.
  • Never admit making a mistake. Either use media to turn things on their head so that mistakes look like brilliant achievements or simply brush them under the carpet because people have short memories. If this fails, get your subjects fighting each other. Divide and rule. Make sure people loyal to you argue your case so that dissidents end up arguing with them rather than criticizing you.
  • Fill all positions of power based on loyalty, not skill. Get rid of anyone who could undermine your position.
  • Pocket as much money as you possibly can.

So does Green control Southampton, Fulham, Reading and West Ham as well? Because they've all had/have Vibrac loans.