IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

22 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Exactly what we don't need but also absolutely need. I genuinely have no idea how I'd cope with a Qatari owner, I've had a hard time with Moshiri throwing money around and linked with dodgy characters as it is. I boycotted the World Cup in Russia and Qatar, how can I then support the business? Maybe I'll have to make that distinction in my head, split the club and the business.

Well if this story has any resemblance of truth it proves that other buyers waiting in the wings if the 777 deal collapsed was pure fantasy. We are going to struggle to find a buyer unless Moshiri is prepared to put aside the money he has paid and invested into the club to one side, and make us more financially attractive to a buyer.  

40 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Well if this story has any resemblance of truth it proves that other buyers waiting in the wings if the 777 deal collapsed was pure fantasy. We are going to struggle to find a buyer unless Moshiri is prepared to put aside the money he has paid and invested into the club to one side, and make us more financially attractive to a buyer.  

But doesn't the 'story' say there isn't any particualr interest for Qatar for Everton FC? Story more saying that Deloitti have been asked to go out and see if they can drum up some interest for potential alternative buyer. I would say kind of proves that there is nobody currently waiting in the winds if Deloitti are have been charged with looking for alternative buyers.

There will always be buyers at the right price - but guess that's the sticking point. Nobody is going to be paying what Moshiri wants unless Premeriship saftey is assured this season. At least the worst of PSR should be behind us🤞

19 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

But doesn't the 'story' say there isn't any particualr interest for Qatar for Everton FC? Story more saying that Deloitti have been asked to go out and see if they can drum up some interest for potential alternative buyer. I would say kind of proves that there is nobody currently waiting in the winds if Deloitti are have been charged with looking for alternative buyers.

That is what Palfy was saying.

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

There will always be buyers at the right price - but guess that's the sticking point. Nobody is going to be paying what Moshiri wants unless Premeriship saftey is assured this season. At least the worst of PSR should be behind us🤞

My point was nothing to do with a Qatar buyer or any other buyer, my point was all these people who believed that there were others waiting in the wings who had made themselves known to club, just proves what bollocks that was if this story is to be believed that we are having to scout for another buyer because the 777 deal looks dead in the water, due to the simple fact they can’t raise the money. So I can’t see how you’ve come up with your argument to my original post? Unless of course you are responding to someone else’s post 🤷‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Palfy said:

My point was nothing to do with a Qatar buyer or any other buyer, my point was all these people who believed that there were others waiting in the wings who had made themselves known to club, just proves what bollocks that was if this story is to be believed that we are having to scout for another buyer because the 777 deal looks dead in the water, due to the simple fact they can’t raise the money. So I can’t see how you’ve come up with your argument to my original post? Unless of course you are responding to someone else’s post 🤷‍♂️

I miss the bit where you said it was 'pure fantasy' . So we are pretty much in agreement - that nobody is waiting in the wings as 777 alternative. Apologies for the misunderstanding. 

1 minute ago, RuffRob said:

I miss the bit where you said it was 'pure fantasy' . So we are pretty much in agreement - that nobody is waiting in the wings as 777 alternative. Apologies for the misunderstanding. 

I’m more pleased we are on the same page, I’ve always said that I couldn’t believe others were waiting in the wings for 777 to fall flat on their faces and then step in. 
To be honest at this moment in time I don’t care where the buyers come from should others come into replace 777, I just want someone to come in and stabilise us financially and if they want to sell us 2 years down the line for a quick profit too the right people I’m happy with that. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’m more pleased we are on the same page, I’ve always said that I couldn’t believe others were waiting in the wings for 777 to fall flat on their faces and then step in. 
To be honest at this moment in time I don’t care where the buyers come from should others come into replace 777, I just want someone to come in and stabilise us financially and if they want to sell us 2 years down the line for a quick profit too the right people I’m happy with that. 

yeah, I am on the same page. If somebody comes in, make the place more proffessional and sports business like instead of it being a messy shambles then they deserve to make a few quid of the back of it. That's where I see the real value in buying Everton, not selling bits and bobs of it off -  as the sum of its parts are simply not where profit lies. 

I believe there will be plenty of interest once we secure premier league status. We have a wonderful stadium being built, but it also comes with a lot of debt. That’s ok in the premier league, but not if we are in the Championship.

If we do get relegated, then it’s pretty much nailed on we go in to administration. We have huge debt, an unfinished stadium and no money to invest in the squad. At that point there is a very real prospect of a double relegation to league one. 

40 minutes ago, Riscon said:

I believe there will be plenty of interest once we secure premier league status. We have a wonderful stadium being built, but it also comes with a lot of debt. That’s ok in the premier league, but not if we are in the Championship.

If we do get relegated, then it’s pretty much nailed on we go in to administration. We have huge debt, an unfinished stadium and no money to invest in the squad. At that point there is a very real prospect of a double relegation to league one. 

Doom and gloom hand me the rope. 

investment wise the club has done itself a massive favour this week.

most importantly we have stayed in the Premiership, we have now navigated PSR and hopefully the worst of that is behind us.

the team and fans where amazing in the derby - if other buys have stated to look at us this week in a bit more detail, then they truly witness the passion of the Everton faithful. That can't have done us any harm.

we can only hope.

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

investment wise the club has done itself a massive favour this week.

most importantly we have stayed in the Premiership, we have now navigated PSR and hopefully the worst of that is behind us.

the team and fans where amazing in the derby - if other buys have stated to look at us this week in a bit more detail, then they truly witness the passion of the Everton faithful. That can't have done us any harm.

we can only hope.

Hate to break it, but PSR is far from over.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Hate to break it, but PSR is far from over.

That why I said worst of the PSR is behind us, rather than it being totally done and dusted.

we all know a lot more about it now, how charges are made and what sort of point deduction you may get. Most of this season has been us used as the case studies. That 10 point initial charge made against us was very destabilising. we should not be seeing anything like that again. outcomes all very much unknowns last season.

2 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

That why I said worst of the PSR is behind us, rather than it being totally done and dusted.

we all know a lot more about it now, how charges are made and what sort of point deduction you may get. Most of this season has been us used as the case studies. That 10 point initial charge made against us was very destabilising. we should not be seeing anything like that again. outcomes all very much unknowns last season. No doubt would mean investors look at us much more cautiously.

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

Well in its current form it could be over! Of course our nightmare will likely endure regardless for as long as we are saddled with a ton of interest payments!

Not really, because the new form won't come into effect until the season after next.

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

It should just be fines from now on, right? No points deductions?

Or am I making that up? 

Incorrect. Points deductions will still be used.

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

we all know a lot more about it now, how charges are made and what sort of point deduction you may get. Most of this season has been us used as the case studies. That 10 point initial charge made against us was very destabilising. we should not be seeing anything like that again. outcomes all very much unknowns last season.

My bad, behind us to me means it's done which it isn't. 

Do the epl really want another season like this??? The point deductions have turned it into a game show... the sad answer is that the people running the game are clowns and have no self awareness.  

you only need to look at the premier league twitter account with what seems to be a teenage kopite running it.