IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

pretty depressing listen this.  Far too many people knew about this at the time - loads of lies and spin trying to justify why it didn't happen.   Without question the single biggest own goal in the clubs history - Gregg seen the future.  The fortress fund was then made up as a lie to get rid of him.

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

pretty depressing listen this.  Far too many people knew about this at the time - loads of lies and spin trying to justify why it didn't happen.   Without question the single biggest own goal in the clubs history - Gregg seen the future.  The fortress fund was then made up as a lie to get rid of him.

Subject matter of that aside (Tottenham stadium F1 track?:huh:), it's a prime example of a fawning interviewer which is a real pet hate of mine. The prevalence of totally obsequious "questioning" is embarrassing, and with the rise of the podcast every man and his dog are having a go at it.

Worst culprit for me is Nihal Arthanayake on 5live, dreadful.

"He who praises everybody, praises nobody." Samuel Johnson.

Anyway. No doubt King's Dock would've been epic, but it's old news, so we're just left with the unedifying spectacle of an old guy slagging off a dead guy. Let it go.

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

Subject matter of that aside (Tottenham stadium F1 track?:huh:), it's a prime example of a fawning interviewer which is a real pet hate of mine. The prevalence of totally obsequious "questioning" is embarrassing, and with the rise of the podcast every man and his dog are having a go at it.

Worst culprit for me is Nihal Arthanayake on 5live, dreadful.

"He who praises everybody, praises nobody." Samuel Johnson.

Anyway. No doubt King's Dock would've been epic, but it's old news, so we're just left with the unedifying spectacle of an old guy slagging off a dead guy. Let it go.

That has been discussed on Twitter and a few people mentioned NDA's. 

not sure if that's true or not. Personally I would have respected this more if he did it when bill could respond. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

If true I wish they would make themselves known, it’s like a game of hiding seek for the fans without clue who we are looking for 🤷‍♂️

No credible suitor will negotiate in public. They'd dot the i's and cross the t's before anything is announced or leaked. I'm still hoping for one of the dynastic families in India to take over.

Still left hanging as to what’s going on, but if you are a fan of the Esk he has climbed down on his 777 views, all though he still thinks they are the wrong choice for the club, and he would do because he doesn’t want to do a complete U-turn, he has started to backtrack on the fact he now thinks that 777 are likely to get the club very soon. 
So maybe not as long to wait as we think before new owners take control. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Still left hanging as to what’s going on, but if you are a fan of the Esk he has climbed down on his 777 views, all though he still thinks they are the wrong choice for the club, and he would do because he doesn’t want to do a complete U-turn, he has started to backtrack on the fact he now thinks that 777 are likely to get the club very soon. 
So maybe not as long to wait as we think before new owners take control. 

If you’re referring to the podcast he did then I don’t think he has climbed down as such, he still saying they are totally wrong for the club and went as far as to suggest administration would be a better option and he still maintains that he doesn’t think they will get approval . Where he softened his stance is that he is now saying that it’s rumbled on far too long and is damaging the club further so needs resolving one way or the other soon, even if it does mean 777 getting the go ahead

Apart from the going into administration part, which I think would be a disaster, I pretty much agree with him

Now that Moshiri has pulled the plug on 777 before the PL did, and now he is working on deal with MSP to buy 25% of his shares, if this deal comes off I believe that the money raised will be used to finance the completion of the Stadium, well at least I hope it does thus keeping the Stadium hopefully in the hands of the club. 
What concerns me is that Moshiri will still own 73% or so of the shares, will he now stop his money embargo and start investing in the club again and take interest in the club again, or will we still see the poor owner we have witnessed for years. 
We need to know more the ins and outs of this deal should it happen before we get excited, and if it doesn’t happen what next Voluntary Liquidation ?

33 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Now that Moshiri has pulled the plug on 777 before the PL did, and now he is working on deal with MSP to buy 25% of his shares, if this deal comes off I believe that the money raised will be used to finance the completion of the Stadium, well at least I hope it does thus keeping the Stadium hopefully in the hands of the club. 
What concerns me is that Moshiri will still own 73% or so of the shares, will he now stop his money embargo and start investing in the club again and take interest in the club again, or will we still see the poor owner we have witnessed for years. 
We need to know more the ins and outs of this deal should it happen before we get excited, and if it doesn’t happen what next Voluntary Liquidation ?

Where's this come from?

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

I don't want his 73 % (whereever this comes from). I want him completely out of our club. What was it IQ sang? Ah yes, "don't make any false promises".

Great tune, by the way.