IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I wouldn’t be too despondent if we sold Onana for North of £80m and brought Barkley back on a free this summer

Be an upgrade. 

it was always a frustration to me as to why a player so richly talented wasn't running games.  It wasn't a mystery though - with Ross it was always how he was managed.

he played at home vs qpr as a kid and ran the game. He then played away at Bolton and had a ropey 20 minutes and Moyes pulled him off(in tears apparently) and sent him on loan to Leeds and sheff wed. It was a ridiculously bad piece of management. 

He was unlucky to be managed by hodgson for England who picked on him, he showed his vulnerability at half time in fa cup semi final when he thought fans were booing him - jags had to talk to him. 

In current trajectory he could play a good few more years springing attacks from deep

10 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

This is what I mean it’s all complete guess work. I heard the other day that it will be two separate panels that deal with ours and Forests cases so we could get two completely contrasting views on the severity of each case

But whatever happens I think Luton will survive so it looks like a straight shoot out between us and Forest for the last relegation spot

I don't think so.

I expect us to find form and pull away. We're in our shit spell...we'll come good.

39 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Nope.

Ross Barkley 33 England caps, the four you mentioned 11 between them.

You'll have to do better than that second rate dross😂

Not saying he's not the best player they've had.  Barkley is an elite level player and arguably the most talented player from our academy aside Rooney in the past 30 years.

Difficult to compare caps nowadays with number of games and number of subs. When hill played only 2 subs allowed at international level . 

Ricky hill and Stein were superb players. Hill was close to making 86 World Cup squad, him and stein were always a handful when playing our title winning sides. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Not saying he's not the best player they've had.  Barkley is an elite level player and arguably the most talented player from our academy aside Rooney in the past 30 years. 

Ricky hill and Stein were superb players. Hill was close to making 86 World Cup squad, him and stein were always a handful when playing our title winning sides. 

Agree with the first para. 

Second, I'll give you Hill had his days, but a bit of a pound shop John Barnes...probably best described as a "maverick" meaning a moment of absolute brilliance follow by three games doing fuck all.

Stein I'm not having at all, average at best.

11 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Agree with the first para. 

Second, I'll give you Hill had his days, but a bit of a pound shop John Barnes...probably best described as a "maverick" meaning a moment of absolute brilliance follow by three games doing fuck all.

Stein I'm not having at all, average at best.

Stein like rod wallace - always used to enjoy playing against us.

I hated playing Luton in the 80s, I seen them as a bogey team and still do.  Just checked - Mike newell played for them too, scored against us.

it seems it was 1986 losses that stuck in my mind. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Stein like rod wallace - always used to enjoy playing against us.

I hated playing Luton in the 80s, I seen them as a bogey team and still do.  Just checked - Mike newell played for them too, scored against us.

it seems it was 1986 losses that stuck in my mind. 

Both of them away on that shite plastic pitch.

Record at Goodison in their "glory years" was 7-1-2 (we lost in '83 and '88).

At Kenilworth Road it was 3-2-5, again skewed but their absurd home advantage.

"While no correlation can realistically be drawn to link their various sliding-scale demises with relinquishing their artificial surfaces, it is fair to say those surfaces assisted heavily in making QPR, Luton and Oldham’s golden eras come to fruition. Arguably, Luton’s surface helped them delay their eventual 1992 relegation from the top flight by a couple of seasons."

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2015/10/19/they-used-to-play-on-plastic/

8 hours ago, MikeO said:

Both of them away on that shite plastic pitch.

Record at Goodison in their "glory years" was 7-1-2 (we lost in '83 and '88).

At Kenilworth Road it was 3-2-5, again skewed but their absurd home advantage.

"While no correlation can realistically be drawn to link their various sliding-scale demises with relinquishing their artificial surfaces, it is fair to say those surfaces assisted heavily in making QPR, Luton and Oldham’s golden eras come to fruition. Arguably, Luton’s surface helped them delay their eventual 1992 relegation from the top flight by a couple of seasons."

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2015/10/19/they-used-to-play-on-plastic/

Did Oldham have a plastic pitch too? They had some justification to a degree as their pitch in its natural state was the worst going. Highest ground in the league or something and used to look like a farmers field 

15 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Did Oldham have a plastic pitch too? They had some justification to a degree as their pitch in its natural state was the worst going. Highest ground in the league or something and used to look like a farmers field 

Yep, went to watch dad play there. The injuries people came off with were horrible!

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yep, went to watch dad play there. The injuries people came off with were horrible!

7 a side in the 90s/00s..... I used to get bedsheets sticking to my knees. Astro burns were awful. Often wonder how we never see nfl players with ripped arms 

On 29/02/2024 at 08:17, Hafnia said:

7 a side in the 90s/00s..... I used to get bedsheets sticking to my knees. Astro burns were awful. Often wonder how we never see nfl players with ripped arms 

The Emirates pitch is a mixture of fake and real grass, I saw what they did to form their pitch when the stadium was being built. 

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The Emirates pitch is a mixture of fake and real grass, I saw what they did to form their pitch when the stadium was being built. 

Goodison is a mix of fake and real, they talk about it when you do the stadium tour, I think most PL are now as it gives a better lasting surface.

6 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Goodison is a mix of fake and real, they talk about it when you do the stadium tour, I think most PL are now as it gives a better lasting surface.

It’s clever stuff. 

15 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

After 5 months how can they think these are right for Everton the fact it’s taking this long tells you it should have been dismissed months ago. 
they might think 777 are the final nail in our coffin. 

We don’t trust the premier league to look after PSR and our points deduction, we think they are against us. 
But we think the delay in approving our new owners is because they are doing a thorough job of looking into them?

The FA and the FSA were both satisfied they had all of the correct information immediately. 777 claimed all parties had everything up front. But the one party who’s been fucking us over all year are doing this one properly?

Ive no issue with 777, if they get the club I’ll judge them after that. Lots of speculation about them, but our current owner is a shadow investor for a man who has been sanctioned by the western world for ties to an illegal war. The one before him was an egomaniac who borrowed money from his dodgy mates to keep hold of the club for as long as he could, so he could call himself “Mr Chairman”.
We aren’t getting a John Moores type of owner ever again.

The same reason we got Dyche, because the club was fucked, is why we’re getting some opportunists like 777. They admit they are opportunists too, only buying clubs who are in crisis to try to fix them. If we weren’t in the shit they wouldn’t be looking at us in the first place. 

If we don’t get 777 we won’t see the back of Moshiri for another 12 months, if we’re lucky. We are a rudderless ship, we need a captain. ASAP!

1 minute ago, StevO said:

We don’t trust the premier league to look after PSR and our points deduction, we think they are against us. 
But we think the delay in approving our new owners is because they are doing a thorough job of looking into them?

The FA and the FSA were both satisfied they had all of the correct information immediately. 777 claimed all parties had everything up front. But the one party who’s been fucking us over all year are doing this one properly?

Ive no issue with 777, if they get the club I’ll judge them after that. Lots of speculation about them, but our current owner is a shadow investor for a man who has been sanctioned by the western world for ties to an illegal war. The one before him was an egomaniac who borrowed money from his dodgy mates to keep hold of the club for as long as he could, so he could call himself “Mr Chairman”.

The same reason we got Dyche, because the club was fucked, is why we’re getting some opportunists like 777. They admit they are opportunists too, only buying clubs who are in crisis to try to fix them. If we weren’t in the shit they wouldn’t be looking at us in the first place. 

If we don’t get 777 we won’t see the back of Moshiri for another 12 months, if we’re lucky. We are a rudderless ship, we need a captain. ASAP!

watched toffee and the Esk are adamant that there are buyers waiting in the wings. 

777 have exclusivity, I personally hope they fail and buyers waiting in the wings come in.  I don't trust them, not sure if it's the stupid baseball caps or the fact that I think they would see us go into administration. 

22 minutes ago, StevO said:

100% agree with everything you have said, let’s get them in and try and get some stability through out the club, and most importantly get rid of an owner who doesn’t care anymore and is ladening the club with more debt every day he stays in charge. 
And yes I agree with those who think they might be in it too make a quick buck, so what if they stay 2-3 years and turn the club’s finances around, and then sell us for a huge profit to another billionaire that the majority will be happy with, but make no mistake about there intentions to run this club properly on a sound financial basis, the 180 million they have given the club to keep us from administration has proven to me that they are going to make a successful turn around of the club should they get that opportunity. And the esk and other media doom and gloom merchants can stick their scaremongering where the sun don’t shine 🌚

14 minutes ago, Palfy said:

100% agree with everything you have said, let’s get them in and try and get some stability through out the club, and most importantly get rid of an owner who doesn’t care anymore and is ladening the club with more debt every day he stays in charge. 
And yes I agree with those who think they might be in it too make a quick buck, so what if they stay 2-3 years and turn the club’s finances around, and then sell us for a huge profit to another billionaire that the majority will be happy with, but make no mistake about there intentions to run this club properly on a sound financial basis, the 180 million they have given the club to keep us from administration has proven to me that they are going to make a successful turn around of the club should they get that opportunity. And the esk and other media doom and gloom merchants can stick their scaremongering where the sun don’t shine 🌚

Yep, if they want to make a quick buck then they have to sell the club in a better state than how they find it. It’s very simple really isn’t it?

If there are other buyers waiting then I don’t see how with all the negativity around 777 they haven’t just popped up with a simple statement to make us aware there is an alternative. It would put pressure on the premier league to fail 777 and end the exclusivity agreement. Or are these other potential buyers waiting for us to go into administration and get us on the cheap? 

17 minutes ago, StevO said:

Yep, if they want to make a quick buck then they have to sell the club in a better state than how they find it. It’s very simple really isn’t it?

If there are other buyers waiting then I don’t see how with all the negativity around 777 they haven’t just popped up with a simple statement to make us aware there is an alternative. It would put pressure on the premier league to fail 777 and end the exclusivity agreement. Or are these other potential buyers waiting for us to go into administration and get us on the cheap? 

That is a possibility that they are playing a waiting game to try and get a better deal. 
But I would say do they really exist, and if they do have they proven to anyone that they have the right financial backing to actually complete a deal. 
Like you I’m not so sure that they do even if for different reasons, they are stories from the same people who never wanted 777 from the go dot, just trying to muddy the waters in some hope they get what they want. And if that’s not the case why don’t they name these buyers, or even better as you say why don’t the buyers themselves come forward and show their hands, there is no legal reason stopping any of them from doing so, but there is one argument why they don’t, and that is because they don’t exist. 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

777 have exclusivity, I personally hope they fail and buyers waiting in the wings come in.  I don't trust them, not sure if it's the stupid baseball caps or the fact that I think they would see us go into administration. 

It's deffo the baseball caps...

I can't help to only see speculation here from certain companies that want to buy a majority in a football club. Really not sure 777 is what we want. Would be nice to know what other options there could be.

On 03/03/2024 at 11:21, StevO said:

If I was planning to buy a football club I’d probably contact a journalist. I don’t think I’d be getting in touch with some fella on Twitter. 😂

I've seen that said before - they have exclusivity so not sure if that's anything to do with it.