IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

FFP is such a joke. Multiple clubs dont even know whether they've breached regulations. Meanwhile, the club operating most egregiously beyond its means, and becoming the most dominant club world football has seen in some time as a result, are just dragging their feet as much as possible and avoiding any scrutiny whatsoever by doing so.

The system is broken. Administratively it's a headache for everyone involved. And perhaps most importantly it doesn't achieve the desired result. It's incredibly tiring.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Then Moshiri has to keep us afloat somehow else he loses everything. 

Moshiri has already said he will not put another penny into the club and has so far kept to his word hence the loans from 777 to keep club afloat on a monthly basis. If we went into liquidation voluntary or otherwise the receiver has a duty to find the best possible buyer and make sure creditors are paid and get money for the shareholders. With the value of the team, the stadium, football league and sponsors they shouldn’t struggle to find a buyer we are cash poor but asset rich, and is Moshiri prepared to take the gamble on the receiver finding a decent buyer where as the largest share holder he gets a decent payout. All conjecture I know but honestly I have no respect or trust in the man. 

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Moshiri has already said he will not put another penny into the club and has so far kept to his word hence the loans from 777 to keep club afloat on a monthly basis. If we went into liquidation voluntary or otherwise the receiver has a duty to find the best possible buyer and make sure creditors are paid and get money for the shareholders. With the value of the team, the stadium, football league and sponsors they shouldn’t struggle to find a buyer we are cash poor but asset rich, and is Moshiri prepared to take the gamble on the receiver finding a decent buyer where as the largest share holder he gets a decent payout. All conjecture I know but honestly I have no respect or trust in the man. 

Then he throws away the remaining value of his investment. Its an empty threat. 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Then he throws away the remaining value of his investment. Its an empty threat. 

Possibly is an empty threat but it’s also one he can afford let’s wait and see, we are not out of the woods as a team or business just yet some scary stuff ahead of us I think. 

19 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Possibly is an empty threat but it’s also one he can afford let’s wait and see, we are not out of the woods as a team or business just yet some scary stuff ahead of us I think. 

There's no way he's valuing the club as 20%+ of his overall wealth and going to let it slide for buttons. Just 0 chance. 

On 09/01/2024 at 18:26, Matt Tiger said:

FFP is such a joke. Multiple clubs dont even know whether they've breached regulations. Meanwhile, the club operating most egregiously beyond its means, and becoming the most dominant club world football has seen in some time as a result, are just dragging their feet as much as possible and avoiding any scrutiny whatsoever by doing so.

The system is broken. Administratively it's a headache for everyone involved. And perhaps most importantly it doesn't achieve the desired result. It's incredibly tiring.

It’s mad that the transfer window could be open for two weeks before a club finds out if they are in breach and due a hearing before the end of the season. Should be closed off before the window opens so a club can’t push themselves further over the edge. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

It’s mad that the transfer window could be open for two weeks before a club finds out if they are in breach and due a hearing before the end of the season. Should be closed off before the window opens so a club can’t push themselves further over the edge. 

Apparently the PL have now decided that any punishment won’t happen until after the season has finished.

A cynical person may think that’s because a club they really don’t to fuck over during the season is going to fall foul of FFP.

I’m not talking us, I mean one of the darlings. 

19 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Apparently the PL have now decided that any punishment won’t happen until after the season has finished.

A cynical person may think that’s because a club they really don’t to fuck over during the season is going to fall foul of FFP.

I’m not talking us, I mean one of the darlings. 

Watch them change the rules now so that deductions only happen during pre season and we end up being the only team to get one mid season. 

35 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I wish we could just live on to the next saga. How hard can it be to say yes or no. You’ve been looking through their books for over a year now.

It feels like an other, let’s drag Everton through the shit only to pull out right at the end. 

17 weeks is a bit less than a year... :lol:.