IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

If we could survive with another 9 points deduction then I would take going into receivership, because it gets rid of Moshiri, because we aren’t going into Bramley until the beginning of 25/26 we can afford a delay in the build for 3-5 months until the receivers find hopefully a decent buyer, and we become debt free which we release’s us from shackles of the uncertainty of what’s going to happen next, and all the clubs who want to sue us can all fuck off with that bollocks because they won’t have anyone to sue. 

In that scenario we could be moved to the bottom tier like Rangers. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Different league. We’ve seen what the punishment is likely to be, all very hypothetical at the moment to turn into a huge debate. 

Of course it’s a different league. If you go into receivership though, you may end up in a situation where the club is technically a new company. This is what happened with Rangers. A new company would have no claim to a place in the Premier League. It wouldn’t be a case of a punishment, just that a newco would be just that. 

20 hours ago, StevO said:

Of course it’s a different league. If you go into receivership though, you may end up in a situation where the club is technically a new company. This is what happened with Rangers. A new company would have no claim to a place in the Premier League. It wouldn’t be a case of a punishment, just that a newco would be just that. 

I don’t think we would have to worry about that scenario in reality the receivers would easily find a buyer, the size and potential of Everton would far outweigh the debt, In Rangers case it was completely the opposite. 
Ours would be more like the Portsmouth out come but without the relegation imo. 

On 06/11/2023 at 12:16, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I'm going back to this post from October because it might still be relevant. The irony is that, just like I'd encountered Moshiri before when selling to Megafon, I've also sold to one of the Ambani family companies in India - and I can tell you some stories (good stories, though, from a potential interest in Everton).

When I was attending meetings in India, the father in the Ambani family was still alive. Since then, the two sons inherited his business empire and have been falling out. Nonetheless, they are incredibly savvy businessmen. If there is an interest in Everton, we can be sure of several things:

1) They will wait to get the very best deal, maybe hoping for 777 Partners to pull out so Moshiri is more willing to negotiate price.

2) None of their dealings will be made public. If they become our buyer, we'll hear about it only when the deal is signed.

3) They will do what it takes to be a successful owner.

I'd be more than happy should they eventually become the new owners of Everton rather than our current suitor.

9 hours ago, Newty82 said:

I do, still, find it hard to swallow that we only seem to be able to attract the likes of 777.

Probs just shows how complicated our finances are. The wrangled Web of who's owed what and all that.

Well depending who you want to believe only Moshiri and 777 have wanted to buy the club in the last 20+ years. 

Said months ago that it was all media shit and it would go through. Only way it won’t go through is if 777 pull out for some reason.

We all read through the papers, there isn’t anything in there that will legally allow the deal to be stopped.

Other than one of the owners had a spliff when he was at Uni that was given to him by his room mates,  mate down the corridor.

On 24/12/2023 at 10:01, Romey 1878 said:

That's not true in any way shape or form and I haven't seen anyone say that. MSP says hi and we know they wanted to buy us.

Exactly my point, but I think you didn’t detect my sarcasm (our previous owner said the club was for sale for 20 years). I’m sure there have been plenty more prior to Moshiri who wanted to buy us too. 

Just read that after entering our accounts to PL in December it has lead the PL to place us and Forest under investigation of FFP rules breaches, the investigation is going to be fast tracked and any decisions will be made before April and if found guilty any punishments will be in this season. The PL believes our latest set of accounts have once again made us exceed the 105 million in 3 consecutive years. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Just read that after entering our accounts to PL in December it has lead the PL to place us and Forest under investigation of FFP rules breaches, the investigation is going to be fast tracked and any decisions will be made before April and if found guilty any punishments will be in this season. The PL believes our latest set of accounts have once again made us exceed the 105 million in 3 consecutive years. 

Read where?

Edit: tabloids, won't bother with the links

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

Read where?

Edit: tabloids, won't bother with the links

Read it in the Gossip, not saying it’s correct but as they say there’s no fire without smoke, and let’s be honest most stories said we would get docked points even though most here said we would get a slap on the wrist and a small fine. Nothing would surprise me with the way we are being run as a business, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the PL took great pleasure in sticking the knife in once and for all if they got the chance. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Read it in the Gossip, not saying it’s correct but as they say there’s no fire without smoke, and let’s be honest most stories said we would get docked points even though most here said we would get a slap on the wrist and a small fine. Nothing would surprise me with the way we are being run as a business, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the PL took great pleasure in sticking the knife in once and for all if they got the chance. 

I'm sure someone's posted an article showing how we've been compliant in the last few years, but I guess we will see

Now what would be extremely unfair would be to penalised in one single season for two seperate years worth of breaches.

If a rolling 3 years, then it is also very difficult to turn something around in 12 months, and if you are being punished for a years financial breach - should over spend for that year be counted again in a rolling three year average.

To me a war breaking out, resulting in totally unexpectely sactions effecting your single biggest sponser has to be a massive considerations - this is the financial year we are now talking about being effected. Losing this revenue can not be considered forseeable in any way. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I'm sure someone's posted an article showing how we've been compliant in the last few years, but I guess we will see

We made a loss of 125m 20/21, 44m 21/22, I do know that they were rounded down but by how much I’m not sure. 22/23 haven’t been finalised yet but they did have to present the PL with a draft copy in December, so maybe the draft copy with the 2 previous years through up a red flag which they want to further investigate, or maybe it’s just a lot of reporting rubbish being bandied about. 

5 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Now what would be extremely unfair would be to penalised in one single season for two seperate years worth of breaches.

If a rolling 3 years, then it is also very difficult to turn something around in 12 months, and if you are being punished for a years financial breach - should over spend for that year be counted again in a rolling three year average.

To me a war breaking out, resulting in totally unexpectely sactions effecting your single biggest sponser has to be a massive considerations - this is the financial year we are now talking about being effected. Losing this revenue can not be considered forseeable in any way. 

You would like to think that you would start with a clean slate but you don’t, your next set of accounts are tagged on to your last 2 sets of accounts and the 105m combined losses for those 3 years is implemented. 

Maybe we should just take the 10 point deduction, promise we won't take anymore action and ask for a clean slate in return? Let's them save face and saves us a potential replay of this in a season where we cannot afford it.

Where have we heard before that we are confident we never broke the FFP rules and then got docked 10 points for breaking the rules. Honestly I wouldn’t trust anything that people who are involved in our finances either direct or indirectly have to say, it’s no secret that we are the worst run club in the PL and the sooner 777 deal is complete the better it will be all round, because if they don’t get the green light and that could be a distinct possibility with how the PL must feel about us at this moment in time, then the 140+ million already invested by 777 could come at cost bigger than we ever imagined would be possible. Happy Tuesday everyone the weather in Spain is a big improvement on back home ☀️😎⛳🍷🍺