IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Can only hope I suppose.

777 seem pretty tricky.

I've often found it difficult to believe that only the likes of 777 are interested. With the stadium, you'd expect 'someone' of better reputation to be interested.

The only thing I can think of is that the financial set up at the club was/is such a mess that only 777 have been dumb enough to put a foot forward.

I've also thought along the lines of wondering, controversially, whether the passing of BK changes the landscape at all?

6 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Can only hope I suppose.

777 seem pretty tricky.

I've often found it difficult to believe that only the likes of 777 are interested. With the stadium, you'd expect 'someone' of better reputation to be interested.

The only thing I can think of is that the financial set up at the club was/is such a mess that only 777 have been dumb enough to put a foot forward.

I've also thought along the lines of wondering, controversially, whether the passing of BK changes the landscape at all?

My gut feeling is that there have always been others interested but that 777 offered the best terms for Moshiri, while other suitors were offering less favourable terms to Moshiri that would be better for the club.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

My gut feeling is that there have always been others interested but that 777 offered the best terms for Moshiri, while other suitors were offering less favourable terms to Moshiri that would be better for the club.

Let's hope 777 get found out if they are charlatans but the long delay for a resolution is impacting our financial position. 

I heard the end of a conversation on the radio the other day saying that the premier league could be delaying the takeover so that, in a similar way to Chelsea, the new owners can’t push back on the PSR charges. Like you can’t penalise me for something the previous owner has done. So if that’s out of the way before any new ownership then it saves the premier league from another fight. I don’t know who was saying it, I just caught the end of it when I got in the car. 
Wouldn’t surprise me though. 

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

I heard the end of a conversation on the radio the other day saying that the premier league could be delaying the takeover so that, in a similar way to Chelsea, the new owners can’t push back on the PSR charges. Like you can’t penalise me for something the previous owner has done. So if that’s out of the way before any new ownership then it saves the premier league from another fight. I don’t know who was saying it, I just caught the end of it when I got in the car. 

That makes sense.... either way I want 777 out the picture.  I heard Cahill is looking to front a consortium 

38 minutes ago, StevO said:

The only way I could see them being able to say that is if we'd been given a financial penalty, but it's the players/management/fans that have been punished in this instance. 

Not to mention that we've got a second charge too and they can't delay the takeover until that's decided as well.

It's just not a logical argument.

26 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

That makes sense.... either way I want 777 out the picture.  I heard Cahill is looking to front a consortium 

Loved him as a player but he's become a bit of a money whore (loves Qatari money does Tim) after his playing days. Would prefer him not to be anywhere near that tbh.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

That would make sense.

I just can't imagine these guys where the only ones. 

I would like the Dodgers owners, but I will not turn down the Yankees either. They have the highest payroll in MLB, with about $300 million to be paid out to their players in 2024. And it will be a massive double derby: Yankees & Everton vs Red Sox & Liverpool

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

The insurance policy is that if we get a deduction then Forest should too, which (all being equal) will keep them behind us along with Sheff U and Burnley, and probably Luton.

The reality is that we along with Forest have another case to answer.

hopefully the double jeopardy argument comes in to play and the epl realise that our second breach includes years that were already punished. 

im guessing Forest will get 6-9 points. We may get 0-3.... for the latest ones. 

Club statement below, looks we might be looking to claim more

Everton can confirm an Appeal Board has concluded that the points deduction imposed by an independent Premier League Commission in November be reduced from 10 points to six points, with immediate effect.

While the Club is still digesting the Appeal Board’s decision, we are satisfied our appeal has resulted in a reduction in the points sanction.

We understand the Appeal Board considered the 10-point deduction originally imposed to be inappropriate when assessed against the available benchmarks of which the Club made the Commission aware, including the position under the relevant EFL regulations, and the 9-point deduction that is imposed under the Premier League’s own rules in the event of insolvency. 

The Club is also particularly pleased with the Appeal Board’s decision to overturn the original Commission’s finding that the Club failed to act in utmost good faith. That decision, along with reducing the points deduction, was an incredibly important point of principle for the Club on appeal. The Club, therefore, feels vindicated in pursuing its appeal. 

Notwithstanding the Appeal Board’s decision, and the positive outcome, the Club remains fully committed to cooperating with the Premier League in respect of the ongoing proceedings brought for the accounting period ending in June 2023.

The Club is still considering the wider implications of the decision and will make no further comment at this time other than to place on record its thanks to our Fan Advisory Board and other fan groups throughout this process, and to all Evertonians for their ongoing support and patience.

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

The reality is that we along with Forest have another case to answer.

hopefully the double jeopardy argument comes in to play and the epl realise that our second breach includes years that were already punished. 

im guessing Forest will get 6-9 points. We may get 0-3.... for the latest ones. 

Looks a bit complicated with Forest (two years in Championship, one in PL) but they've definitely overspent more than us, with none of our mitigating circumstances. Hopefully, as you says, their punishment will be heftier than ours.

Nottingham Forest's FFP Issues - The Swiss Ramble (substack.com)

Even though 4 is what I expected I think it should have been 6 back at the least, but 4 back certainly makes our position look a lot better in terms of the table and hopefully that will lift some of the weight that clearly been on the players' shoulders.

In regards to the second charge - the fact we used an argument in our case about how the football league deals with these things and it was accepted gives me hope that they'll realise they'd be punishing us twice for the same thing and the second charge will be thrown out after our case has been heard.