IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

isn't it a pity that fans didn't unite and come down on the club like a ton of bricks when the mismanagement of the club which predated moshiri was evident? 

Some fans thought that Moyes getting 7th was all they needed to see.... we were getting pillaged by loan sharks and AGMs were cancelled cos the questions were too robust. That was when serious action needed to happen, too many people have slept walked into this. 

The media are gaslighting us now - saying that Everton fans should have issue with the owners and board.  Yeah really...... anyone fancy archiving my posts from pre 2013? - the theme of "couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery" has been long standing.   Almost as long standing as Evertonians refusing to stand up to it due to fears it may lead to accusations of "kopite behaviour". 

premier league are circling their wagons, sky sports and the stooges towing the party line that Everton have been naughty. 

our lack of action when it was required could cost this club dearly.

25 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

isn't it a pity that fans didn't unite and come down on the club like a ton of bricks when the mismanagement of the club which predated moshiri was evident? 

Some fans thought that Moyes getting 7th was all they needed to see.... we were getting pillaged by loan sharks and AGMs were cancelled cos the questions were too robust. That was when serious action needed to happen, too many people have slept walked into this. 

The media are gaslighting us now - saying that Everton fans should have issue with the owners and board.  Yeah really...... anyone fancy archiving my posts from pre 2013? - the theme of "couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery" has been long standing.   Almost as long standing as Evertonians refusing to stand up to it due to fears it may lead to accusations of "kopite behaviour". 

premier league are circling their wagons, sky sports and the stooges towing the party line that Everton have been naughty. 

Pretty much spot on, now we find ourselves trying to defend the actions of the owners against the PL when in reality we should have defended ourselves against our owners years ago before it got to this position.  What has Moshiri and Usmanov done for us really I would say fuck all even BMD the jewel in our crown will probably turn out to be the biggest noose around our necks, because it’s been built on borrowed money at extortionate rates and we still need to find another 200 million to finish it off, how many more seasons of PSR breaches is that going to cost us, will we be a PL club when we get to play in it, or will we ever get to play in it at all as the club that has a glorious history since 1878 or will that club and business be dead before a ball is kicked in the new stadium. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Pretty much spot on, now we find ourselves trying to defend the actions of the owners against the PL when in reality we should have defended ourselves against our owners years ago before it got to this position.  What has Moshiri and Usmanov done for us really I would say fuck all even BMD the jewel in our crown will probably turn out to be the biggest noose around our necks, because it’s been built on borrowed money at extortionate rates and we still need to find another 200 million to finish it off, how many more seasons of PSR breaches is that going to cost us, will we be a PL club when we get to play in it, or will we ever get to play in it at all as the club that has a glorious history since 1878 or will that club and business be dead before a ball is kicked in the new stadium. 

Under our previous ownership/boards we are a tale of missed opportunities.

kings dock:- along with council money we only needed a set amount to be "ring fenced"..... to create a stadium that would have got us up with the top 6 before the drawbridge closed.   Unfortunately lies were believed, Gregg was chased out and our next opportunity was a flat pack in Kirby and we sold Rooney into the bargain.

potential buyers:- mansour was interested but like Lerner before him, was knocked back. We had green with his dirty hands all over the club with high interest loans to vibrac. See other operating costs. 

the moshiri millions:- moshiri joined a club that had an infrastructure & culture of deceit, media spin, incompetence. Absolutely no solid base of professionalism with which to operate and spend money wisely.

through this entire period fans have been silenced, AGMs banned, false accusations in the media, media stooges telling the world Everton were in good hands.

I took some shit on here in my time along with a few others - SteveO Romey.   I can't say I feel vindicated cos the top and bottom of it is that our club has been destroyed from inside and now outside.

only a couple of years ago people were sniggering at how many people protested like it was justification that the majority of blues were happy. Not happy now though, weren't happy going into must win games in April. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Under our previous ownership/boards we are a tale of missed opportunities.

kings dock:- along with council money we only needed a set amount to be "ring fenced"..... to create a stadium that would have got us up with the top 6 before the drawbridge closed.   Unfortunately lies were believed, Gregg was chased out and our next opportunity was a flat pack in Kirby and we sold Rooney into the bargain.

potential buyers:- mansour was interested but like Lerner before him, was knocked back. We had green with his dirty hands all over the club with high interest loans to vibrac. See other operating costs. 

the moshiri millions:- moshiri joined a club that had an infrastructure & culture of deceit, media spin, incompetence. Absolutely no solid base of professionalism with which to operate and spend money wisely.

through this entire period fans have been silenced, AGMs banned, false accusations in the media, media stooges telling the world Everton were in good hands.

I took some shit on here in my time along with a few others - SteveO Romey.   I can't say I feel vindicated cos the top and bottom of it is that our club has been destroyed from inside and now outside.

only a couple of years ago people were sniggering at how many people protested like it was justification that the majority of blues were happy. Not happy now though, weren't happy going into must win games in April. 

Mate I was calling Moshiri out five years ago or so, you don’t need to tell me about how many dislikes I got and people telling me I was talking bollocks, but I’m not here to tell anyone I told you so I’m not interested in pointless point scoring, what I’m saying is stop all the nonsense that it’s all the PL fault that we find ourselves in the position we are, and know that our owner and his directors fucked us over and try to work with the PL to find a way forward without all the points penalties, because all this conspiracy theories that the PL hate us have always wanted to destroy us is total nonsense, and for the fan base that can’t even see we are here because of the poor way we’ve been run as a club. 

On 20/01/2024 at 08:18, Hafnia said:

Not sure how many times this needs to be said, but the "kopite behaviour" comments were about how they conducted themselves, not their point of criticism. If they'd been more professional and constructive about it, as we've seen in the last couple years, they would've gotten a lot more support early on. Thankfully the organisation and approach has dramatically matured and, funnily enough, it's gathering pace and respectability. Who knew...

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Not sure how many times this needs to be said, but the "kopite behaviour" comments were about how they conducted themselves, not their point of criticism. If they'd been more professional and constructive about it, as we've seen in the last couple years, they would've gotten a lot more support early on. Thankfully the organisation and approach has dramatically matured and, funnily enough, it's gathering pace and respectability. Who knew...

Constructive? - like trying to get voices heard in AGMs

we had AGMs banned Matt because questions were asked that caused a great degree of discomfort that shareholders were entitled to ask. "Bored of the question" was a response.   We were told Phillip Green was a friend of the club - a Mozart.  I wasn't aware Mozart stole peoples pensions, but if skullduggery and being a first rate spiv, fraudster and having zero compassion for long standing proud business is the order of the day then he was your man..... so it appeared to be the case for people in our club who needed a bit of guidance in that regard. 

We were getting gaslighted by paid journalists, Graeme Sharp ridiculing fans protesting to how the club was run.  "One man and his dog" - well that show of loyalty earned him a spot on a revered board the "What would Everton do" board  - where it appeared "tell lies and get prenno to spin some nonsense" was the go-to action. 

Fans were falsely accused of assaulting the CEO and you are talking about behaviour?  What behaviour?

the fact is this - too many of you didn't believe what you were being told. You may have believed it if it was about a kopite being in charge - but not a super blue. You didn't want to believe it. 

its been as clear as day for a long long time that the board of executives were created to defend incompetence and not improve it. The very fact that people of integrity resigned from their roles tells you everything you needed to know. 

The culture that was created to protect the mismanagement of our club will be deep rooted and take some work to eradicate. So will the culture of fans who sat and played the fiddle while Rome was burning. 

The only people left within the club who had a part in accepting the mismanagement and incompetence are the fans who refused to believe what quite a few were telling them. The people who a truly to blame are no longer culpable. Wonder how much of our money was spent on that? 

21 hours ago, Palfy said:

Mate I was calling Moshiri out five years ago or so, you don’t need to tell me about how many dislikes I got and people telling me I was talking bollocks, but I’m not here to tell anyone I told you so I’m not interested in pointless point scoring, what I’m saying is stop all the nonsense that it’s all the PL fault that we find ourselves in the position we are, and know that our owner and his directors fucked us over and try to work with the PL to find a way forward without all the points penalties, because all this conspiracy theories that the PL hate us have always wanted to destroy us is total nonsense, and for the fan base that can’t even see we are here because of the poor way we’ve been run as a club. 

Make no mistake - the PL have got it in for us.  They see us as an easy mark to pick on in a playground full of bigger boys in order to make themselves look like someone not to be messed with. 

I along with a few others have posts going back 15 years utterly bewildered as to how king dock failure was allowed to be accepted without the people at fault being chased out of the club.  I was privy to info that we had been approached by a far wealthier owner - when the club was for sale.   They ended up buying Villa.

Regardless of how that ended up (Martin O'Neill making Steve Walsh look like a super scout) - they pumped a fortune into the club, who at that time with us under Moyes red hot scouting team would have seen us break top 4 without question (Essien and Cech identified well before Chelsea bought them). 

Just now, Matt said:

I'll ignore most of that tangent that doesn't really respond to anything I've said and so wish you a good Sunday 

I expect you too. There's not really much you can come back with really. The facts are laid bare. 

19 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I expect you too. There's not really much you can come back with really. The facts are laid bare. 

Oh absolutely, I already stated them above. Probably why you ignored the point of the post so you went off ona tangent.

Nice try though :lol:

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Oh absolutely, I already stated them above. Probably why you ignored the point of the post so you went off ona tangent.

Nice try though :lol:

Not at all Matt.  Redefining the fear of kopite behaviour as being lack of "constructive" behaviour. 

smarmy comments as to how few people turned up to protest which was on sky tv not long after the palace game?  All pretty pathetic at the time and moreso embarrassing now. Can't rewrite history. 

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Not at all Matt.  Redefining the fear of kopite behaviour as being lack of "constructive" behaviour. 

smarmy comments as to how few people turned up to protest which was on sky tv not long after the palace game?  All pretty pathetic at the time and moreso embarrassing now. Can't rewrite history. 

Indeed you can't. Fortunately you can change your approach to protest and thankfully that's been done from the often embarrassing and unprofessional nature of 15 years ago protests to the last couple of years which have been well organised, well communicated, well executed. 

Trying to defend the rocky start with a headlock accusation 14 years later and compare behaviour is just baffling. Neither were/are ok, but you can't balance them out, it's not the schoolyard :lol:

simple question, do you understand that I didn't have a problem with them highlighting issues but how they conducted themselves I found embarrassing? Absolutely it was all with good intent by the way.

Just now, Matt said:

Indeed you can't. Fortunately you can change your approach to protest and thankfully that's been done from the often embarrassing and unprofessional nature of 15 years ago protests to the last couple of years which have been well organised, well communicated, well executed. 

Trying to defend the rocky start with a headlock accusation 14 years later and compare behaviour is just baffling. Neither were/are ok, but you can't balance them out, it's not the schoolyard :lol:

simple question, do you understand that I didn't have a problem with them highlighting issues but how they conducted themselves I found embarrassing? Absolutely it was all with good intent by the way.

Matt, on the blue union thread - your objection to their behaviour was that they marched and protested like "sheep".  

This is no different to what people have done in the last 2 years - the change in motivation was the poor performance in league and near relegation.  The fact is back in 2011 too many people were content with on pitch performance and felt embarrassed by protests. 

let's get to the point - too many fans aren't arsed enough to scratch below the surface of on pitch performance.  

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Matt, on the blue union thread - your objection to their behaviour was that they marched and protested like "sheep".  

This is no different to what people have done in the last 2 years - the change in motivation was the poor performance in league and near relegation.  The fact is back in 2011 too many people were content with on pitch performance and felt embarrassed by protests. 

let's get to the point - too many fans aren't arsed enough to scratch below the surface of on pitch performance.  

Yeah, because there wasn't anything to the actual protest it was just noise. No real orgnaisation, no real plan, no real objective. Just make noise.

Do you understand the point now?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Yeah, because there wasn't anything to the actual protest it was just noise. No real orgnaisation, no real plan, no real objective. Just make noise.

Do you understand the point now?

no I don't - cos with all due respect it's bullshit. 

"The aim of the Blue Union is simple, it's not to get Bill Kenwright out, it's certainly not some mindless attempt to sack the board. Its aim is to promote the concept of allowing the CEO to be left to concentrate on reducing costs, developing our revenue streams and repairing the relationship with the fanbase whilst leaving the board to appoint a fully autonomous group of professional individuals who can effectively develop and implement a strategy that will identify and sell the club to a buyer who can demonstrate an ability and a genuine desire to take the club forward on both a commercial and football level."

its almost as though back in 2011 they knew what the club needed.  Indeed David Kelly who is the FAB chairperson and headed up the blue union had been pretty consistent right through the years.  The protest. March back in 2011 was organised through the police and the article published in the guardian.  Lack of organisation?! 

the response of the club surprise surprise was a hit piece. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well I don't know how to make it more simple. Have fun.

You aren't doing anything Matt other than trying to dismiss any notion that groups of people were clued up to the shambolic way our club was run 15 years ago and it failed cos they weren't organised?

its bollocks and you know it. You like many others simply had some sort of superiority complex that meant that a group of working class passionate supporters were somehow cringey cos they had banners saying "Phillip Green is no friend of our club".

Stop trying to rewrite history, the blue union were made up of people who successfully campaigned to ensure that our stadium didn't move to Kirby...  they weren't disorganised - they were treated the way many Everton fans are right now with regards the points deduction and psl.

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

Dave Kelly has done more to protect this club in the last 20 years than anyone with a seat on the board. 
He’s even doing more on the appeal than any of the cunts who put us there in the first place. 

Enjoy your Sunday. 

Absolutely spot on.  Dave Kelly has been on the right side of history. He was besmirched by the weasels in the club and our own fans. 

the people who ridiculed the likes of Dave should be ashamed.  He's not been in great health but continues to fight for the club in a truly unpaid capacity. Not like our ex board who took their money and fucked off like thieves. 

21 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

You aren't doing anything Matt other than trying to dismiss any notion that groups of people were clued up to the shambolic way our club was run 15 years ago and it failed cos they weren't organised?

its bollocks and you know it. You like many others simply had some sort of superiority complex that meant that a group of working class passionate supporters were somehow cringey cos they had banners saying "Phillip Green is no friend of our club".

Stop trying to rewrite history, the blue union were made up of people who successfully campaigned to ensure that our stadium didn't move to Kirby...  they weren't disorganised - they were treated the way many Everton fans are right now with regards the points deduction and psl.

Nope, apparently you really don't get it. Oh well.

Do we really need to dredge up all this Buffoon Union bollocks again?

The vast majority were a bunch of self-opinionated pricks who peddled rumours as fact and represented nobody but themselves despite what they thought

Yes there were some decent, well meaning members but their voices were lost amongst the arrogance and vitriol of the majority of the BU movement 

They were laughed out of town because of the way the conducted themselves and were a million miles away from how the FAB , an actual elected body who do represent fans, behave

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Do we really need to dredge up all this Buffoon Union bollocks again?

The vast majority were a bunch of self-opinionated pricks who peddled rumours as fact and represented nobody but themselves despite what they thought

Yes there were some decent, well meaning members but their voices were lost amongst the arrogance and vitriol of the majority of the BU movement 

They were laughed out of town because of the way the conducted themselves and were a million miles away from how the FAB , an actual elected body who do represent fans, behave

Give examples Dunc.... you have always maintained this stance. Dave Kelly has been proven time and time again to have the number of the board who changed personnel but not method of operation.

everything that they were about was to expose the culture ruining our club.

lets not start to pretend that they were some massively different operation to what we are seeing now. All that's changed is the attitude of the average fans who suddenly thinks "oh shit, it really was bad, it really is bad"

too late.  

• 2 weeks later...