IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

51 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

I like the Esk. I think his reviews of our accounts are very detailed.

However I do believe he has connections (not sure if financial) to MSP and has been biased towards them for a long time and rubbishing any other bid. So I take his rhetoric about 777 with a pinch of salt. 

not saying he is making stuff up but the thing analysis is you can rubbish any idea you want by only presenting the data that supports your narrative. 

Msp pulled out though due to penalties etc for existing loans. So it’s not like he is fighting for them it was their choice. 

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Msp pulled out though due to penalties etc for existing loans. So it’s not like he is fighting for them it was their choice. 

It wasnt penalties. It was that other creditors would call in their loans..meaning the MSP money would've been used for paying them vs. moving the club forward. This was when Esk got all pissy. Prior to that he had a hard on for MSP

Just read an article in the Echo about 777 overall director of football for all there teams discussing what his role will be in helping Thelwell and Dyche should they succeed in their bid. Also what they do to help the other clubs they own I liked what I read, these guys seem to know what they are on about I think we could do a lot worse than 777. 

58 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Just read an article in the Echo about 777 overall director of football for all there teams discussing what his role will be in helping Thelwell and Dyche should they succeed in their bid. Also what they do to help the other clubs they own I liked what I read, these guys seem to know what they are on about I think we could do a lot worse than 777. 

The Esk still reckons they won’t get permission to take over 

It says Keith Wyness. Not Dominic Ingles. Why would Wyness give evidence when he left the club about 15 years ago?
Reports last week suggested the previous board members were asked to give evidence but refused last week. 

We also know the club were represented by a legal firm with lots of sports experience, I think we can find details further back in this thread. 

I’m not sure I believe Football Insider on this one. 🤔

• MikeO changed the title to Board/Owners Related Stuff
  • 2 weeks later...

I think Everton has the potential to get similar investment from billionaire oil-rich entities from the Middle East, similar to Man City and Newcastle. Heck, we have one of the best fanbases and soon to be one of the best stadiums in the country. I can understand if Moshiri wants to get out and take his money asap, but 777 does not seem like the best option for the club.

With the team out of the relegation zone, the club unified, a new stadium nearing completion and a record TV revenue deal in place we will attract a few new buyers should 777 not get approval.

I don't know if 777 will fail in their fit and proper test, I suspect they won't as they have been ploughing money into the club, so that money has to come from somewhere. Do I want them to take over, probably not, we do need stability and I suspect 777 will provide that for 3 or 4 seasons before selling on once the new stadium is on line and the club is worth much more than they paid for it. I do like the idea of being part of a conglomerate of clubs from other leagues with all the benefits that brings. Especially as Everton will be the crown jewel.

If they fail I have no doubt a more shrewd operator will arrive. I just want the ownership sorted.

I think the other guy a little more eloquent.

I can’t remember their names but I think the ginger one is Ped. To be fair he’s comfortable in front of the camera, but going of that video at least, he’d do much better to script those kind of videos and read from a prompter than just wing it off the top of his head. Or at least have some notes about what points he wants to make.

His pausing mid-sentence while he thinks about what to say next makes it hard for the listener to engage.

From watching that I can’t see it happening.

If 777 or Moshiri don’t put up more money we go in administration, and our value drops, Moshiri doesn’t get as much when he sells, and the buyer ( whoever it turns out to be) gets a team that is in all probability in the second tier. It’s in both parties interests to work a deal to get us over the line.

18 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

From watching that I can’t see it happening.

If 777 or Moshiri don’t put up more money we go in administration, and our value drops, Moshiri doesn’t get as much when he sells, and the buyer ( whoever it turns out to be) gets a team that is in all probability in the second tier. It’s in both parties interests to work a deal to get us over the line.

Agree about all that except the second tier part. Even with another 9 lost we will still be fine. 

23 hours ago, Matt said:

Agree about all that except the second tier part. Even with another 9 lost we will still be fine. 

If we could survive with another 9 points deduction then I would take going into receivership, because it gets rid of Moshiri, because we aren’t going into Bramley until the beginning of 25/26 we can afford a delay in the build for 3-5 months until the receivers find hopefully a decent buyer, and we become debt free which we release’s us from shackles of the uncertainty of what’s going to happen next, and all the clubs who want to sue us can all fuck off with that bollocks because they won’t have anyone to sue.