IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

some not so great stories doing the rounds today about 777 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-takeover-real-doubt-777-29084340

https://josimarfootball.com/2024/04/30/kind-of-blue/

Never know what to make of these stories - 

I think the 777 Partners might actually make a good management structure at the very top of the club, with novel ways to increase revenues - which will be ever more important give type of wage ceiling may be introduced based on revenue.

However, financially, they really sound like they could be overstretched.

I have read about this 'period of exclusivity' but surly this exclusivity is meaningless if they can's stump up the cash needed to buy.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Moshiri has wasted far too much time on these.

Yet another bad decision on his part.

But for him they’re (or were) paying the bills so it was a win win for him. He doesn’t care about Everton. His only care is that he doesn’t spend more money that he won’t get back. 

As much as 777 worry the shit out of me, I do think there's an agenda from certain people against them.

A lot of what's been put out has been unsubstantiated (with some that has been, hence the worry on my part) and looks like scaremongering.

I just wonder why and what their end game is. They keep mentioning that there are others waiting to step in but why wait?

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

Bugger. They really do want us at least.

thats one big thing going in the favour - they really really want to own us. They must really see considerable value in us and have a plan to get our revenue streams up and us operating more like a business. I have no doubt we would get the full attention of their very top sports business people. I am a big beleiver in having the rigth proffessional people in charge, we are living proof of what happens with the wrong people make the grown up desisions. I think it's as, if not more, important than simply money. 

Once the stadium is built then the 'big investment' has been done. We all know owners can't simply bank roll a club nowerdays, the smart owners are those who are going to get maximum revenue from the Everton brand. Its forward thinking smart sports business people that are going to make the difference. 

Do 777 Partners have these?, or willing to employ them? - that's what remains to be seen, there definately not coming in to throw cash at it. 

2 minutes ago, patto said:

This could happen with any new investors 

True but firms like 777 are about making profit and getting a club to turn a profit is damn near impossible.

Genuinely hope I'm wrong but this hasn't felt right from the start for me.

47 minutes ago, Matt said:

They could well strip and flip, that's what scares me and short term that destroys us.

I really can't see that at all - some of are parts are worth less than whole for which they are going to pay for. 

Our value is in the fact we have been the worst run club in the Premiership, when traditionally/historical we are argubley the 4-5 most decorated club in the land. Real value is making this great club relavent again. 

For all their other shortcoming I feel this is what 777 Partners truly see in us.

Nobody would argue that we have been very badly run, so masses of room to improve this. 

https://www.footballbenchmark.com/library/top_10_ownership_changes_in_european_football

Interesting little table - shows if the deal does go through is makes it one of the biggest sales of a football club ever.  Especially, if you have to add on the cost of finishing of the construction of the stadium.  It's going to be around a 1Billon deal all in all.  

34 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I really can't see that at all - some of are parts are worth less than whole for which they are going to pay for. 

Our value is in the fact we have been the worst run club in the Premiership, when traditionally/historical we are argubley the 4-5 most decorated club in the land. Real value is making this great club relavent again. 

For all their other shortcoming I feel this is what 777 Partners truly see in us.

Nobody would argue that we have been very badly run, so masses of room to improve this. 

Genuinely hope I'm wrong mate. I usually try to see the positives but I just don't feel it here.

It seems mega scary to me how 777 seem to be scampering around to raise the finance. I say this because our finances already seem to have many tangled involvements. 777 appear to be bringing even more to the table.

Just hope 'something' gets sorted asap to at least allow Thelwell and Dyche some sort of scope to plan for next season.

1 hour ago, badaids said:

I love Erasure but there's no way the club should have got 160 million in debt to their singer and a shit former RS winger.

I just put The Innocents on, love that album; worked on it when it first came out, was a "blow the studio walls off" recording!

As you were👍

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The thing I find most unsavoury about this whole thing is that Moshiri would rather see his employees go without wages and their families suffer, rather than take onboard the responsibility for the shit show he has created and keep the club afloat. 
I have no idea what his going on with the PL and 777 yet without the 200 million 777 have put into the club we would have gone into administration long before now and with a another possible 9 points deduction would more than likely be playing Championship football next season, I don’t understand why so many have a problem with 777 just think where we might have been without their commitment and investment to buying the club. 

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

The thing I find most unsavoury about this whole thing is that Moshiri would rather see his employees go without wages and their families suffer, rather than take onboard the responsibility for the shit show he has created and keep the club afloat. 
I have no idea what his going on with the PL and 777 yet without the 200 million 777 have put into the club we would have gone into administration long before now and with a another possible 9 points deduction would more than likely be playing Championship football next season, I don’t understand why so many have a problem with 777 just think where we might have been without their commitment and investment to buying the club. 

Oh I do. Basic things like not having money to hand for purchase for a start.

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

I’m not for or against 777 but intrigued to know who these employees are that would suffer. 
not the millionaire footballers surely