IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ok but the parent company hasn't. In any case the point you were making was the bottom line is the most important thing. I'm saying it's not based on that 1 of many examples where companies habitually lose money before either they turn the corner and finally achieve their vision or go bust. 

Well obviously the Brits run a better company than the Yanks 😂

The story you posted said at last Über make a profit not a resounding success story having read it, I feel for the investors who may have been waiting for 15 years for a dividend on their money with no guarantee they will get one and no guarantee Uber make a profit next year based on past performances. 
That reminds me I have a big lump invested with Fisher Investments who are an American company with over 90% of their investments in the USA, it just happens to coincide with a Zoom call I have on Wednesday with one of the Directors in the UK, I think I will be quizzing him on whether I’m invested in Uber in any form. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The story you posted said at last Über make a profit not a resounding success story having read it, I feel for the investors who may have been waiting for 15 years for a dividend on their money with no guarantee they will get one and no guarantee Uber make a profit next year based on past performances. 
That reminds me I have a big lump invested with Fisher Investments who are an American company with over 90% of their investments in the USA, it just happens to coincide with a Zoom call I have on Wednesday with one of the Directors in the UK, I think I will be quizzing him on whether I’m invested in Uber in any form. 

Having a fraction of the land size is a much more simple thing to deal with to be fair :lol:

If you think creating a $144b global company whilst constantly running a loss isn't a success story, I don't know what to say.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Having a fraction of the land size is a much more simple thing to deal with to be fair :lol:

Less Uber drivers to deal with, but you would have thought that Uber eats would be the richest company in the world, have you seen the amount of junk food the Americans eats 😁

Just come to me based on what I said maybe I should ask them to invest in Uber on the basis of what Americans eat, and make sure I’ve got no money in Hobbs or Ovens over there on the basis most Americans don’t cook at home 😁

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

No you don’t have to be millionaire to run your own business, was just curious how many we had compared to those who say they know how to run a business, or as you Newty who have always been interested in business and it’s intricacies since a young entrepreneur. 
After all a successful business is its bottom line, my business has won numerous NHBC awards over the years which is valued by the company’s we work with and let’s them know that we aren’t cowboys, and helps us become preferred contractors if we are comparable on price with our competitors. 
But the most important thing is the bottom line, I can see no point in running a fantastic business that isn’t making money. 

Yeah, problem was I never had the bollocks to do anything! Until a couple of years ago. I'm defo not an entrepreneur...just glad to be free from the corporate world!!!

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Yeah, problem was I never had the bollocks to do anything! Until a couple of years ago. I'm defo not an entrepreneur...just glad to be free from the corporate world!!!

What’s your business model that frees you from the corporate world, I still have to deal and work with the corporate world even though I’ve been self employed and had my own business's since the age of 23-24.

I have to deal with MDs, CDs, and PDs on a regular basis and they all tow the corporate line and go out of their way to be seen doing so, if you work for a major house builder at their level the rewards are huge so you don’t deviate from company policy the penalties for doing so are too high. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

China!! Is it a one off for yourself or part of an order. 

Just the one, was an impulse buy really when I was ordering another couple of bits, just to see if it was decent quality and how the logo would come out. Very pleased with it.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Just the one, was an impulse buy really when I was ordering another couple of bits, just to see if it was decent quality and how the logo would come out. Very pleased with it.

I’d wear one of them for golf it looks well made. 

16 hours ago, Palfy said:

This investors could have (and probably did) trade their stocks throughout that time and made a healthy profit. 
Imagine getting in early with a company like that. 

I’ve started to think that if someone else comes in and takes the club now, 777 will likely make a healthy profit without ever gaining control of the club. Either way they do ok in the deal. 

In the last 10 days, everything is kind of pointing to the 777 deal not actually coming off. Who knows if this is a good or a bad thing. 

There will be others interested in buying us (at a price), we are a Premiership team going in to bext, worst of the PSR stuff seems to be behind us and at the very least the 'punishment' for PSR is now fairly well defined, Stadium 90% built is pretty much going to be ready by the New Year. 

The going rate 'prices' is fairly well publisised now, and other 'variables' are now quite well defined.

If any 777 Partners exclusivity deal comes to a end, I am sure other other entities interested if a football club who are a season away from moving in to one of the countries, if not the world's, Premier revenue driving football stadium.

What other PL sleeping giant in our possission is there, with a current owner who desperately wants to sell? 

39 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Personal Coach. One man band. Work straight with clients, no one else to deal with. Say what I want, be who I am, market as I want...only work with people I want. Luckily (maybe not luck?), all my clients are great people who want to have a laugh while they graft and improve their overall lifestyle.

However.....I'm all too aware that if I want to follow through on my plans, I'll need to deal with some level of 'corporate' so and so's at some point.

But, in all honesty, I'm done with selling my soul to please a few when there's a massive world of opportunity for you being you.

That sounds amazing. I'll come deal with the corporate stuff for ya

3 hours ago, StevO said:

This investors could have (and probably did) trade their stocks throughout that time and made a healthy profit. 

It's always risky, though. For example, take a look at Joby Aviation. Do you think drone taxis will be as big as Uber in a decade's time, or will the company go bust?

7 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

It's always risky, though. For example, take a look at Joby Aviation. Do you think drone taxis will be as big as Uber in a decade's time, or will the company go bust?

Like most start ups it'll go bust but still get bought out just for the research. I don't see drone taxis in 10 years, probably 20-30 since we apparently can't deal with self driving cars yet.

3 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Personal Coach. One man band. Work straight with clients, no one else to deal with. Say what I want, be who I am, market as I want...only work with people I want. Luckily (maybe not luck?), all my clients are great people who want to have a laugh while they graft and improve their overall lifestyle.

However.....I'm all too aware that if I want to follow through on my plans, I'll need to deal with some level of 'corporate' so and so's at some point.

But, in all honesty, I'm done with selling my soul to please a few when there's a massive world of opportunity for you being you.

I like people who help other people to achieve their goals, I use a personal trainer for my fitness and dietary requirements have done for years I go to his gym for one on one sessions 3 times a week, not cheap admittedly but how do you put a price on health and wellness. 
A lot of admiration for you Newty go smash it mate, I’d give you ago if I was near you mate but you’re not coming to me and I’m definitely not gonna be going to you 😁 maybe some of the locals who are looking to make better life choices will give you a personal message mate. 
👊👍

5 hours ago, StevO said:

I did with Orange I won’t tell you what I made it was obscene really. I was one of the first to open a contract with Orange mobile phones after a year I was given an opportunity to buy shares at a discount, then sold them about 10 years later when the price had shot up mainly due to selling out to EE in the UK.