IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

Yeah...this 777 chat is becoming more than just a bit of bad press.

The odd story here and there, maybe. But, globally, this feels like they've taken a step too far.

I'm sure fans of the clubs they already own are looking on and feeling uneasy about where they may raise the cash from etc.

I dunno...it just feels off now.

12 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Enough is enough now.  Moshiri has absolutely taken on the baton in the destruction of our club hasn't he?  We need buyers asap and 777 need to be away from our club. 

Absolutely, Moshiri is a feckless twat been pissing about with 777 far too long now, the only reason I can see for it is the circa 15-20 million a month they’ve been lending to keep the club running, and he won’t pull the plug until he finds another buyer who will bankroll the club until the deal’s done. 

4 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Ah man, appreciate it. Thank you 🙏

Started 2 year ago. After 13 years as a Store Manager for Boots, was about to turn 40 and shit the bed. Like...if I don't do anything now, I'll be sat here in years to come looking back with regret. How could I then pass onto my boys, grandkids etc that you can do whatever you want in life and all that if I'd never had the balls to do it myself?

Took the plunge. Quit the job. Started from fresh with no clients, no leads, no contacts and quite simply grafted my arse off!!! It hasn't at all been easy. It's not an easy industry. But so fuckin rewarding when you see the impact you can have on people's daily lives, confidence, belief...the lot.

Anyway, enough about that. I'll shut up now and crack on with Everton 😂

No problem mate 👍

15 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

So are you saying you're our secret buyer, ready to step in when 777 crash out?

I’d love 💙to but the criticism from you guys would destroy me, anyway as anyone got 600 million I could borrow😄

Really hope the fans forum questions include something along the lines of "so this 777 stuff you've lumped us with and who are now being sued for fraud... Can you explain again why you think they're the right choice?"

14 hours ago, Matt said:

Really hope the fans forum questions include something along the lines of "so this 777 stuff you've lumped us with and who are now being sued for fraud... Can you explain again why you think they're the right choice?"

Because they offered Mr. Moshiri more money than anyone else and that's all he really cares about?

18 hours ago, Palfy said:

I’d love 💙to but the criticism from you guys would destroy me, anyway as anyone got 600 million I could borrow😄

Oh come on! You'll get that easy with your golf skills. And then we'd also like a Palfy Pub.

I know plenty of us wanted to give 777 a fair chance etc but there's far too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

They simply don't seem to have any cash flow.

We're in for a very rocky Summer leading into next season I think.

At this point, my only hope is that the crooked Premier League rejects 777. I don't care if they win all their legal cases, their reputation alone is damaging to the club. Moshiri seems to not care, but only wants his money back. We are so fucked.

2 hours ago, Sev said:

Oh come on! You'll get that easy with your golf skills. And then we'd also like a Palfy Pub.

It will be a long wait if we have to rely on my golf skills, but tell more about the pub Sev that sounds more up my street 😂

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

At this point I think we need to hope that MSP call in their debts as stock and take control of the club. 

They have already said they are not interested in taking over, which in itself is quite worrying. 

Just now, Palfy said:

They have already said they are not interested in taking over, which in itself is quite worrying. 

That was quite some time ago now Palfy. They weren’t interested in buying our Moshiri back then, could be different now. 
Also having a blue amongst them might help, Andy Bell could be just as worried as we are and feel the urge to help. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

As Steve said, that was then and this is now.

They could basically buy the club minus their debts owed (£158m I saw), so basically pay £350m for a much more profitable asset and then flip it for an inflated price. Massively oversimplification I know. I wouldnt rule anything out yet.

3 hours ago, StevO said:

That was quite some time ago now Palfy. They weren’t interested in buying our Moshiri back then, could be different now. 
Also having a blue amongst them might help, Andy Bell could be just as worried as we are and feel the urge to help. 

I think it was reiterated about 2-3 weeks ago and that was the reason they gave an extension on the loan repayment. Andy Bell as a supporter would be worried, as a business man he may not let his heart rule his head. 
I guess we will have to wait and see but I don’t think we have much time to wait before Moshiri decides to put us in voluntary receivership if he has no one to pay next months overhead’s. 
MSP won’t be concerned with that because there loan is tied to the Stadium and not the club. 
Business too these people is calculated whether an Everton supporter or not, I don’t think they will let emotions dictate their decisions. 

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

I think it was reiterated about 2-3 weeks ago and that was the reason they gave an extension on the loan repayment. Andy Bell as a supporter would be worried, as a business man he may not let his heart rule his head. 
I guess we will have to wait and see but I don’t think we have much time to wait before Moshiri decides to put us in voluntary receivership if he has no one to pay next months overhead’s. 
MSP won’t be concerned with that because there loan is tied to the Stadium and not the club. 
Business too these people is calculated whether an Everton supporter or not, I don’t think they will let emotions dictate their decisions. 

Unless, all theory of course, they're such smart business people that they know 777 have no chance of getting the club, and they'll step in 'on the cheap'?

Same could be said of several potential buyers who we have no clue about.

I've no doubt, though, there'll be vultures circling, watching on.

Amongst it all, I still find it hard to believe there's lack of interest in taking this club on.

Most likely, as you guys have touched on, Moshiri has gone with the deal that best suited him...offered to him by guys who don't actually have the money. Whereas more astute business peeps maybe offered a more 'realistic' price based on the debts etc...which meant Moshiri would lose out.

All guess work though.

The Premier League...fuck me. I swear these guys are making up as much as they can as they go along. They really do not know how to control this beast the PL has turned into.

10 hours ago, Newty82 said:

I thought MSP tried but something around Media Rights whoever/whatever they're called, blocked it???

Yeah I think people are mixing up the 2. Media Rights are the ones who need to give blessing…unless the person willling to buy pays off their debt outright. Then it’s a non issue. For anyone wanting to buy the club but not pay off the debt immediately then Media Rights can veto. That was my understanding before 777 process started.

8 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Yeah I think people are mixing up the 2. Media Rights are the ones who need to give blessing…unless the person willling to buy pays off their debt outright. Then it’s a non issue. For anyone wanting to buy the club but not pay off the debt immediately then Media Rights can veto. That was my understanding before 777 process started.

Yeah. And Media Rights did veto the original MSP approach, didn't they? MSP where first to the table...but it was something to do with converting debt to equity which would have knocked Media Rights 'down the pecking order'...or something???

Something along those lines. Either way, MSP were willing to buy the club.

18 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Yeah. And Media Rights did veto the original MSP approach, didn't they? MSP where first to the table...but it was something to do with converting debt to equity which would have knocked Media Rights 'down the pecking order'...or something???

Something along those lines. Either way, MSP were willing to buy the club.

Yes they did look at the possibility of buying the club probably because of Andy Bell, but after a phase of due diligence they pulled out of ownership and made a loan to the Stadium which they possibly saw as a sound investment. 
My problem now is not so much who buys the club but when, or do we drift into administration in the not so distant future, and who ever buys us may still take the administration route to clear a lot of the debt. 
I still see a lot of turmoil a head for us unfortunately, we have an unprecedented amount of debt in relation to turnover so something has to give.