IGNORED

Roberto Martinez interview

efc1111

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nikica

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/poll-would-you-swap-moyes-for-roberto-martinez-or-mauricio-pochettino.386059/

Clicked on Redcafe to read their True Detective topic and this was at the top of the front page. I haven't read through it but I did look at the voting. Thought I'd leave it here for anyone who wants to read what some of their fans think of Martinez.

We are too nice. That kicking the ball out annoys the fuck out of me, and it's pretty much always Baines that does it. Makes me feel like shaking the idiot.

This winds me up too, when I play it fucks me off, played in a semi final losing 4-3 all over the other team one of their lads goes down saying he is injured, just wasting time, they kick the ball out I got the lad to throw the ball to me after he made a miraculous recovery ran through and scored, we scored another a couple of minutes later and won.

If we would have played on against Arsenal and scored it would stop Arteta doing it in future, he was behaving like a cunt all game on Saturday.

We are too nice. That kicking the ball out annoys the fuck out of me, and it's pretty much always Baines that does it. Makes me feel like shaking the idiot.

Baines was hacked down for a penalty against Cardiff and got up and trudged back - never even claimed for it. I've seen players go through the back of him and he just gets up.

We had this discussion a while ago and some said that they would hate it if our players behaved like some others... I said as the time its not cheating, its not being walked all over.

Thats why I liked Don Hutchison - a proper in your face winner.

Totally off the topic now but does anyone know what's happened to avinalaugh?

That participants name has been spelled incorrectly.

In the simplest terms, there was an issue with some authority figures and the individual himself. Pity really, as his omission is tangible, and lost a colorful character, but guessing he'll be back one day - in another capacity.

That participants name has been spelled incorrectly.

In the simplest terms, there was an issue with some authority figures and the individual himself. Pity really, as his omission is tangible, and lost a colorful character, but guessing he'll be back one day - in another capacity.

Or maybe he's already back...

:fishing:

Guest Nikica

Been saying for ages that you aren't ruthless enough. I made a post a while ago and within it I said that "Liverpool have never accepted the mediocrity they have been faced with for most of the PL era, and neither should Everton". That was my point, that you need to have that winning mentality to get back up there.

You need to strike a balance though - you don't want to compromise your morals by turning into "do anything to win, even if it means being a cunt of a human being". That's the sort of motto pricks like Ferguson and Moaninho live by. Nah, you should be ruthless and arrogant, but also fair and never resort to that sort of shite.

Guest Nikica

dalziel, do you have shares in thesaurus.... you never answer a fuckinh question in a straight forward manner.

Haha.

I really like that guy but he does post in a very formal manner, almost as if he's speaking at a convention. I like flowery language myself but he comes across as very official.

He really just said that there were some issues between avinalaff and the moderators, and now that he's gone his impact is missed. He also implied he will be back some day on one form or another.

Edited by Nikica

how is it, that Martinez has said something very similar to Elstone but I accept it better?

Martinez is towing the party line, I would love nothing more than for him to say "Our club should be generating more revenue from these streams" - but lets be honest, he's not daft...

I love the way that he has stated "Sometimes you're in a position where you need to meet payments and you can't reinvest in the squad; that's not the case at Everton. Whatever comes in can be reinvested in the squad."

in a other words "what I generate from sales I expect to go back into the team" - he's warning them.

Martinez is towing the party line, I would love nothing more than for him to say "Our club should be generating more revenue from these streams" - but lets be honest, he's not daft...

I love the way that he has stated "Sometimes you're in a position where you need to meet payments and you can't reinvest in the squad; that's not the case at Everton. Whatever comes in can be reinvested in the squad."

in a other words "what I generate from sales I expect to go back into the team" - he's warning them.

Lol Its a good job Roberto isnt a yes man and will stand up to the Board then isnt it?

Your Bold,

It's always been that way. Kenwright has always given transfer profits back to the manager. The odd occasion when Arteta was sold it didn't happen.

He's not warning anyone. That's the way the club operates and always will under this board.

I find it hard to watch more than 5minutes of his interviews.

Everything seems robotic. Says all the right things. Sometimes you need a bit of negativity to be believed. Also he never seems phased by defeat, never angry or arrogant.

I guess that's just his nature.

Everything seems robotic. Says all the right things. Sometimes you need a bit of negativity to be believed. Also he never seems phased by defeat, never angry or arrogant.

He makes me laugh the way everything is either phenominal or incredible but other than that I think his interviews are inspirational and humourous and I could listen to him all day. I love his positivity

The derby debacle aside I dont think there has been anything for him to be negative about since he has been here

Just because he is a posistive sounding chap why does it lead to negative comments. Cause your all doom and gloom. He can say what the fuck he wants so long as we win in the pitch and BK empties his pockets.

For me Martinez says all the right things. Always talks positively, always talks players up. I admit he over uses a few superlatives but it's nice to hear our manager saying nothing but positive things and not taking the view that we are doing well just to hang in there with the supposed top 4.

The team has obviously bought in to the coaching methods and as long as the team is moving in the right direction and he learns from his mistakes then I have no problem with his interviews.

There's also the odd classic quip e.g the retort with regards to Coleman yesterday.

Just because he is a posistive sounding chap why does it lead to negative comments. Cause your all doom and gloom. He can say what the fuck he wants so long as we win in the pitch and BK empties his pockets.

You nailed it mate. You say it as though we're top of the league, undefeated.

What's positive about getting thumped 4-0 at Anfield? 4-1 at the Emirites? I'm yet to see any real emotion. The only thing I see is scripted answers from a textbook. It's as though he's being interviewed for a job. I find his press conferences boring and predictable. But that's just me. I actually can't watch them anymore they are the same every week.

Edited by MiguelCotto

You nailed it mate. You say it as though we're top of the league, undefeated.

What's positive about getting thumped 4-0 at Anfield? 4-1 at the Emirites? I'm yet to see any real emotion. The only thing I see is scripted answers from a textbook. It's as though he's being interviewed for a job. I find his press conferences boring and predictable. But that's just me. I actually can't watch them anymore they are the same every week.

Isn't the game of football full of clichés now anyway?