IGNORED

Which Sport Has More Fans - Cricket or Football?

Football by a very, very, very long shot.

Dunno about that, there are 1.3 billion Indians who are more than the combined population of Europe (740) and the US (325).

This is all assuming they're all sports fans, let alone cricket or football fans.

How do you count them if they're both big cricket and football fans?

My head is too tired for this :lol:

Dunno about that, there are 1.3 billion Indians who are more than the combined population of Europe (740) and the US (325).

This is all assuming they're all sports fans, let alone cricket or football fans.

I went of the basis of nearly every country has an international football team, the world cup being one of the most watched events, where as cricket isn't.

Didn't realise there was that many people in India to be honest! However how many of them actually have access to a television etc to follow any sport.

What are you saying Matt - that Kabaddi is the most supported? :D

I had the men round to put two new fence panels up. Her indoors went out with daughter no.2 so I had to make aforementioned men a mug of tea. Quite a busy day really. It hasn't finished yet as I have a snooker match this evening.

No rest for the wicked :P.

If anyone's been to India (or Pakistan or Bangladesh), you'd know immediately just how obsessed the nation is with cricket. I've looked from a hotel room window at 5 in the morning, and young men were playing cricket (with suit jackets hung on a wall) before starting work. Given their population, cricket has to have many more followers than football. Look at some the world's largest countries by population - China, India, USA, Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Philippines, Vietnam: None of these seriously follow football.

If anyone's been to India (or Pakistan or Bangladesh), you'd know immediately just how obsessed the nation is with cricket. I've looked from a hotel room window at 5 in the morning, and young men were playing cricket (with suit jackets hung on a wall) before starting work. Given their population, cricket has to have many more followers than football. Look at some the world's largest countries by population - China, India, USA, Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Philippines, Vietnam: None of these seriously follow football.

But that's making an assumption that the majority of their country likes/watches cricket. American Football is obviously huge in the US, but I doubt even half of the population watches or even cares for it.

I would say footy although some may be surprised at crickets fan base. It's huge in countries like India, Pakistan and Australia which have huge populations and there isn't anything to rival it in the first 2. Bangladesh, England, Sri Lanka, West Indies, South Africa just off the top of my head.

Cricket is an excellent sport.

I would say footy although some may be surprised at crickets fan base. It's huge in countries like India, Pakistan and Australia which have huge populations and there isn't anything to rival it in the first 2. Bangladesh, England, Sri Lanka, West Indies, South Africa just off the top of my head.

Cricket is an excellent sport.

I'll give you India and, to a much lesser extent Pakistan but Australia's population is tiny.

I'll give you India and, to a much lesser extent Pakistan but Australia's population is tiny.

The UK has a bigger population than Aus doesn't it?

I still think you only have to take the world cup final for football to see its bigger, draws a lot more viewers. No denying cricket is huge in the other countries that play it, but that's about it, football is global, cricket is mainly commonwealth

The UK has a bigger population than Aus doesn't it?

I still think you only have to take the world cup final for football to see its bigger, draws a lot more viewers. No denying cricket is huge in the other countries that play it, but that's about it, football is global, cricket is mainly commonwealth

Much bigger, 64m v 23m.

The point I'm making is EVERYONE practically idolises cricket there. It's not like here where the population is split 80% football 20% cricket ( loose percentage that I know)

I think that football fan's worldwide would probably be double that of cricket fan's.

When you include most of Europe, South America, Africa not really interested in cricket bar England and South Africa in those continents, and football fan's in England would be much greater than cricket, then there is a small percentage of North America a China who like football with pretty much zero in cricket.