Is he any good like? For that money he must have something about him, even with the inflated prices.

We all said Walsh needed to have a striker ready to go on January 1st, so it looks like that objective is done. We've just got to hope he can do the business now.

3 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

He has been on fire in both the league and Champions League this season

Great. If he has done well in the CL, I would think he should be able to step up for the Prem. Sounds a good signing.

Hope it’s done and the site isn’t jumping the gun..... again haha.

35 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Rumours that Niasse will be going the other way as part of the deal. 

Dont know if that would be a loan or permanent but I’d be more than happy either way. 

I would be ecstatic to bring this one in, perhaps Dembele too and send Niasse out. However that'd almost certainly seal Sandro's fate as well. Don't think we will ultimately bring in both giving the way Sam's talking "maximum two players"

No offense to Oumar, but he's a supersub at best and we know that we need to bring someone in besides DCL. 

1 hour ago, Aidan Lewis said:

Doesn't even look convincing on YouTube

Probably a few different vids around. The one I watched, he looked strong, good feet and a fierce shot on him. Scored a few headers as well.

Still... it’s only you tube.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Probably a few different vids around. The one I watched, he looked strong, good feet and a fierce shot on him. Scored a few headers as well.

Still... it’s only you tube.

I usually get overly excited watching players on YouTube!

Sandro looked better on his clips, and we all know his form. Admittedly I didn't watch a full video of him. 

I just watched some videos and thought he looked good. Strong and quick, excellent technique, good in the air. His movement seemed decent and he has some 1 v 1 skill. The defending wasn't the best so it's whether he can be as effective against better, stronger players. He was excellent at penalties which also shows a player with some bottle. 

His goals to game ratio isn'tt bad and has got better as he moved into a better league/team. 

Only YouTube but he does look a good player reminds me of Kane in many ways

Going off the Besiktas fans online they really rate him as their best player and think he'll do well over here 

They seem to be angry that their board are letting him go at that price Lowensda. Pretty much all of them say we are getting a bargain.

One of them is angry that we got 90 for Lukaku and are now paying 25 for the same level striker.

Others are saying the club are only letting him go for that cheap because the club are in financial trouble.

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I was hoping that the striker we'd sign would be someone proven in this league tbh. Not another hit and hope.

Yer, I was hoping for someone a bit more exciting, but if he’s the only one we’re going to get then I think we’ll still struggle to score productively 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I was hoping that the striker we'd sign would be someone proven in this league tbh. Not another hit and hope.

At that price Troy Deeney would probably be the best we could hope for.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

9 minutes ago, Makis said:

At that price Troy Deeney would probably be the best we could hope for.

Like Makis says, I'm not really sure who would be available. Giroud doesn't want to come here, Batshuayi doesn't appear to be available and then who is left? King is out of form at the moment and then everyone who might be available hasn't really shown that they can score 10-15 or more goals a season (unless you want to take a chance on a sick note like Sturridge/Welbeck/Carroll).

From what I have seen of this lad (albeit on Youtube) he does at least look like a footballer, unlike Niasse!

Should always look outside of the UK for players the same player would cost twice as much here,  they dont always pay off but you can always get your money back on them

16 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Apparently he’s going to Bayern now (or so Twitter says) he’s also allegedly playing tonight for Besiktas so it can’t be even close to being done whoever he’s going to.

Bayern have Wagner going to them on Jan 1st so I doubt that and of course he’s playing for his team tonight as he can’t sign a contract with us until 1st Jan. Watch him get injured tonight!!!

Yeah I would take his with a pinch of salt, the club's may have agreed a fee but until the time that the player signs a contract so much can put the move in jeapordy.

5 minutes ago, Ceyhun said:

Hello guys, Im a besiktas fan from Istanbul so let me give some info. :)

First of all if he was playing at germany or any other euro country you would pay much much more. Euro has good value here so club needed this kind of money. We also earn lots from CL but still it was time to send him away. He is great player and also great person. He can do alot at premier league.

We bought him very cheap, he was 2nd option for most of his career at besiktas but he keeps improve improve. he started his football career at germany then come to turkey. He never gives up and always looks to improve himself he also have very good character which i cannot say for many other good players. This year he was amazing at CL, he will add more be sure about it. Everton is also good place for him so im happy for Cenk, he deserved to play on better leagues. 

Thanks for the input :)

48 minutes ago, Ceyhun said:

Hello guys, Im a besiktas fan from Istanbul so let me give some info. :)

First of all if he was playing at germany or any other euro country you would pay much much more. Euro has good value here so club needed this kind of money. We also earn lots from CL but still it was time to send him away. He is great player and also great person. He can do alot at premier league.

We bought him very cheap, he was 2nd option for most of his career at besiktas but he keeps improve improve. he started his football career at germany then come to turkey. He never gives up and always looks to improve himself he also have very good character which i cannot say for many other good players. This year he was amazing at CL, he will add more be sure about it. Everton is also good place for him so im happy for Cenk, he deserved to play on better leagues. 

What’s the word your end- is it done 100%?

4 hours ago, Bill said:

Yeah I would take his with a pinch of salt, the club's may have agreed a fee but until the time that the player signs a contract so much can put the move in jeapordy.

He apparently signed a 4.5 year deal before the clubs agreed a fee

8 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

"...manager of Besiktas' opponents..."

Weird way to put it. Why would the opposition manager know?

My guess is be was probably asked about his thoughts on it and things have been taken out of context.

However, one of his fellow players tweeted something saying goodbye.

I’m hopeful we get him not that I know anything about him but your paying the same amount for a championship striker these days. Anyone think niasse might be a makeweight? Which makes us need another striker? Dembele?