Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
markjazzbassist

Burnley (Away) Wednesday December 26th

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

DCL played him on. And Pickford was impeded by Keane I think... not a Burnley player.

Couldn't tell tbh didn't show much of a reply on TSN3

Either way shite goal to give away 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

DCL played him on. And Pickford was impeded by Keane I think... not a Burnley player.

We play zonal mate. That’s the negative effect of zonal. 

Its ok when your in lines because you all live together. In corners it’s difficult. Not saying he didn’t, just the negative of zonal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shukes said:

We play zonal mate. That’s the negative effect of zonal. 

Its ok when your in lines because you all live together. In corners it’s difficult. Not saying he didn’t, just the negative of zonal.

Zonal doesn’t mean you just stand there watching the ball when you’re closest to it, though. You still have to react. We’re just objectively awful at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 at the back finally worked, so I’m going to have to put up with it for a while longer :lol: 

Other than the defending on the corner they scored from I thought we looked pretty solid. Which was very nice to see. 

Going forward we were clinical and so threatening. Bernie looks like he’s finding his feet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

3 at the back finally worked, so I’m going to have to put up with it for a while longer :lol: 

Other than the defending on the corner they scored from I thought we looked pretty solid. Which was very nice to see. 

Going forward we were clinical and so threatening. Bernie looks like he’s finding his feet. 

this was my take.  with gana out he knew our midfield would be overran and he knew burnley would be playing long balls and quick counters since they sit back so much.  Instead of trying to play through the middle we played out wide using the wingbacks to spread them out since they are usually so compact.  this gave us more space to attack and more lanes to run.  Also the 3 CB helped to shore up the defense by having those 3CB sit back deep to defend against quick counters. 

 

it won't work for everyone, but for the parked bus sides i think it was clever.  Also once gana is fully fit i think we go back to a 4231.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...