IGNORED

Burnley (Away) Wednesday December 26th

markjazzbassist

3 at the back finally worked, so I’m going to have to put up with it for a while longer :lol: 

Other than the defending on the corner they scored from I thought we looked pretty solid. Which was very nice to see. 

Going forward we were clinical and so threatening. Bernie looks like he’s finding his feet. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

3 at the back finally worked, so I’m going to have to put up with it for a while longer :lol: 

Other than the defending on the corner they scored from I thought we looked pretty solid. Which was very nice to see. 

Going forward we were clinical and so threatening. Bernie looks like he’s finding his feet. 

this was my take.  with gana out he knew our midfield would be overran and he knew burnley would be playing long balls and quick counters since they sit back so much.  Instead of trying to play through the middle we played out wide using the wingbacks to spread them out since they are usually so compact.  this gave us more space to attack and more lanes to run.  Also the 3 CB helped to shore up the defense by having those 3CB sit back deep to defend against quick counters. 

it won't work for everyone, but for the parked bus sides i think it was clever.  Also once gana is fully fit i think we go back to a 4231.