Sign in to follow this  
Finn balor

Favourite player

Sat at home but bored because we haven’t got a match today. Got wondering who is my current favourite player of our squad and who was my favourite of all time? Bit of fun. Can only be one choice. Current player for me is DIgne. Real quality signing, good defender and good going forward. Love his passion for the club already. All time favourite has to Tim Cahill. Embodies everything I want from a footballer. Loved him 

Baines edges Coleman / Jags for me. 

Regardless of ability, they always have and always will give their all. Baines does have that extra bit of quality over the other two.

Im not sure any of the current crop have done enough to justify being a fan favourite. Most havent done anything of note in a blue shirt and nor performed anything close to consistent. 

All time is Alan Ball/Peter Reid toss up; current squad no real stand-out, just want them all to perform every game. If you held a gun to my head I'd say Gana. Missed the...

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Can only be one choice.

....bit so I'd have to go with Bally.

14 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

My stepdads favourite. He wouldn’t cross the road to say hello to the queen but he idolised him 

I did, posters/newspaper cuttings all over my bedroom wall, white boots (took a lot of tracking down back then but somehow my parents did it) and I was a ginge, perfect!

12 minutes ago, Palfy said:

At present which is this season Digne has been our best player imo.

My all time favourite was Alan Ball I had the boots as well, when he went to Arsenal I was devastated.

My stepdad always said he couldn’t understand why he was sold neither could Bally. I’ve watched the 66 final and for a 21 year old he was immense 

29 minutes ago, Palfy said:

At present which is this season Digne has been our best player imo.

My all time favourite was Alan Ball I had the boots as well, when he went to Arsenal I was devastated.

I didn't speak for a week.

7 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Séamus and Cahill.

Tim is the reason I chose this club. Not Howard, McBride, Moore, Donovan or Preki.

Fair play mate I like that a lot👌

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

👀🍺🥃💊💉😀

I was at that amazing match where we beat QPR 3-2 at Loftus and he made the winning contribution by getting injured and letting Amokachi come on.

2 hours ago, badaids said:

I was at that amazing match where we beat QPR 3-2 at Loftus and he made the winning contribution by getting injured and letting Amokachi come on.

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, plaidharper said:

Baines.  As a USA based supporter, the americans got me watching but it was Baines that got me loving this club. 

same here.  howard brought me here, but baines kept me.  also his name is very english sounding to me, never heard of someone named leighton before.

46 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

same here.  howard brought me here, but baines kept me.  also his name is very english sounding to me, never heard of someone named leighton before.

Well, there's only one Leighton Baines, end of !

On 12/01/2019 at 14:43, Finn balor said:

Sat at home but bored because we haven’t got a match today. Got wondering who is my current favourite player of our squad and who was my favourite of all time? Bit of fun. Can only be one choice. Current player for me is DIgne. Real quality signing, good defender and good going forward. Love his passion for the club already. All time favourite has to Tim Cahill. Embodies everything I want from a footballer. Loved him 

Picked my two for me mate. Good choices!

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 16:01, MikeO said:

All time is Alan Ball/Peter Reid toss up; current squad no real stand-out, just want them all to perform every game. If you held a gun to my head I'd say Gana. Missed the...

....bit so I'd have to go with Bally.

very good choices but for me there was only ever Alex Young

12 hours ago, rubecula said:

I'm in complete agreement with Rubes, Alex gave me so much pleasure just watching him play, a silky mover and so comfortable on the ball. Was also good with his head considering he wasn't a big lad.

Southall my favourite goalie, and Latchford my favourite striker

⇑ 5. Alex Young “The Golden Vision” (1960-68)

271 appearances, 87 goals “I left Everton Football Club in 1968. But I can honestly say that Everton has never left me.” Alex Young was the beatific poster boy for the School of Science. Bought for £42,000 from Hearts, Young bewitched all with his skill and it soon became fluorescently obvious to Evertonians that they had someone truly special. “The Golden Vision” with his vicar’s collar and blonde locks was an elegant, gracile forward who – for a slight man – had wonderful heading ability. So acute was his reading of the game that he could deliver exquisite passes without even checking where his teammates were. Young scored 89 goals in 275 appearances; his 22 strikes helped win the league for Everton in 1963 and he was in the FA Cup winning team of 1966. There was something almost ethereal about Young, who somehow throttled the life out of games with the lightest of touches, and he is probably the most beloved of all Everton legends.

16 hours ago, rubecula said:

3 hours ago, Bill said:

I'm in complete agreement with Rubes

Just before my time really, he left when I was eight so no real memory of him.