IGNORED

Arshavin

Russian journalist Stefan Chaushyan says that Zenit St Petersburg playmaker Andrei Arshavin has agreed personal terms with Chelsea and will sign for the club this week. (BBC Radio 5 Live 2100 BST)

....or.....

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has told new boss Luiz Felipe Scolari that at least one Russian should be at the club.

The Brazilian now faces a choice between signing one or more of the country's Euro 2008 heroes from a choice of Andrei Arshavin, Yuriy Zhirkov, Akinfeyev Akinfeyev and Roman Pavlyuchenko. (Tvoi Den [Russian tabloid], 1300)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in light of barca not snapping him up, done deal last week.. chelsea pulling out this week, and arsenal not having the money nor do they need him with ces' et al... i reckon about 13 mil an a slight improvemen in his wage...were defo still in the race to pull this off..

we have the same chance of landing him as we have of winning the league this season....now let's move on from this one, there's no need to get your hopes up for something that will not happen

I agree lets just move on and look at some one who wants to come to us.

Edited by Ferguson Is God

• 2 weeks later...

thing is, for all the good arshavin did vs holland he went horribly missing versus spain. i hope kopites and u 'n' i ted wait until as late as possible to sign keane and berbatov because the last thing we want is for him to sign for tottenham and demonstrate he can control games vs the likes of us and villa and choke vs top 4

still a chance, moyes to blow the lot on moutino and ashavin, i reckon he's got 20 before he lets aj goes for 10, that makes 30.. 15 per man,..makes a great team...

I rekon he'd be lucky to hav half that much at the moment. 20 seems a bit high for us.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3886568,00.html

Sounds like old Andre Arshavin just wants to move anywhere thats a bit warmer than St Petersburg.

First up he said he thought Everton was a good club and wouldn't mind coming over, then Barcelona are his 'dream move', and now because spurs are interested he has always liked the way they play and is a big admirer of Juande Ramos.

Let him go wherever as I'm pretty sure he'll be bored again next year.

i think the reason no body has made much effort apart from barca, he is 27, was unknown till a few months back, now suddenly he wants to be a top earner and zenit want big bucks for him. if they want to be realistic, £10m maybe, and for himself, 50k a week is plenty. after all, it was only two games in the euros he excelled in, and a hand full of uefa games.

you dont become a superstar over night!

Probably old news as it's on Setanta at the minute.

Apparently he's agreed personal terms with Spurs, but they have yet to agree a fee with Zenit.

Since when have you been allowed to discuss/agree personal terms with a player before the fee has been met? Surely that's just the same as tapping up isn't it?

dont know what the money situation is, who does at this moment in time.. but if its not as bad as we all expect and there's 20 in the pot ( + 10 from aj), who else is likey to buy him?? the barcodes havent got a pot to piss in. its still a possibility, as soon as mounitio goes through...then we'll see if we were ever interested or not.

dont know what the money situation is, who does at this moment in time.. but if its not as bad as we all expect and there's 20 in the pot ( + 10 from aj), who else is likey to buy him?? the barcodes havent got a pot to piss in. its still a possibility, as soon as mounitio goes through...then we'll see if we were ever interested or not.

They want £20+ million for him, we won't be bidding if we do get Moutinho.

• 2 weeks later...
20 mill maybe today.. maybe 15 mill on the last day of aug... the problem in my opinon would be we would be his 5th choice club. i still think its feasible, his price will plumet...

Spot on, fussybear. Zenit did just cut the price, although nobody is saying by how much. Spurs still look odds-on to get him, though.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...and&cc=5901

Zenit have a ton of cash and are not really looking to sell, I can't see this happening. Do think he'd be class in the premiership though. Couple other of the Russian nationals looked worth a look too.

Will we take a risk on this mercenary? He has blew any kind of move. Still I'd have him in our midfield depending on how much they dropped his value?

Edit- Just heard on SSN the asking price is 19m, news flash Zenit, he's not worth that effing much!!!

Edited by Mikels Left Tezzer