IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

@MikeO has inspired me.  At the liquor store and I remembered mike Saying he liked ardbeg 10 year scotch.  Bought a bottle.  Slainte

As far as I can recall I've never drunk, or recommended Ardbeg (maybe I drunk too much of it to recall:P) but I'm sure it'll be nectar as every single malt I've ever sampled has been. Enjoy.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

As far as I can recall I've never drunk, or recommended Ardbeg (maybe I drunk too much of it to recall:P) but I'm sure it'll be nectar as every single malt I've ever sampled has been. Enjoy.

Shit maybe John then.  I’ll do a search

yep no one on here recommended it, just remembered had a few too many one night with a friend and he’s a big scotch guy and that’s what we was drinking.  Lol

whatcha like Mike I’ll have to try it next time

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Their be the butt of the jokes in that club for years to come. 

I'll put this in here rather than the covid thread because it's not exactly a hardship compared to that but a few weeks ago we ordered a new corner unit sofa so arranged to have our old sofa collected and dumped (too tatty even for charity shops to be interested), so some bloke came around to collect it just before lock-down. New one delivery was delayed (being made in China:rolleyes:) so we cancelled the order and went into Oak Furniture land and picked another one, made in England. When I got home I looked at the confirmation email and realised they'd got the configuration and the size wrong so went back and they then came to conclusion that they didn't even make the thing in the size we ordered so cancelled again. Day or two later lock-down.

So for the duration of this 'king virus we have exactly one comfy chair in the front room. Now it is a very comfy chair (recliner with footstool) but the problem is its solitude. If more than one of us wants to sit together in there the options are...

1. Office chair.

2. Dining room chair.

3. Steal the footstool (and it'd take a braver man than me to deprive the wife of it:unsure:).

Just a small irritation in the grand scheme of things but typing it out got me through another ten minutes or so, only another x months to go.

Just been for a walk with Josh, walked past the house where a fellow cancer patient lived, retired policeman called David Hopper (doesn't take a genius to work out his nickname given his surname and occupation) and it crossed my mind I'd not seen him for a bit. We didn't go through treatment together but met in a post treatment physio group, nice bloke.

Carried on walking and went into the local cemetery (to visit, as I always do, the grave of a five year old called Josh King who died on the exact same day as my dad, Aug 3rd 2003) and on our way out glanced at the newer headstones and there was David, died a year ago. Sad that, wonder if his cancer returned. Must call on his wife and offer belated condolences.

BBC constantly plugging the Peter Crouch podcast does my nut in, I want to punch the man in the face (and I've never punched anyone ever, only been punched, sympathy please).

Actually I did punch the odd person in my brief experience of martial arts, but they were trying to punch me at the same time and we had gloves on so not the same.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/04/2020 at 22:52, MikeO said:

BBC constantly plugging the Peter Crouch podcast does my nut in, I want to punch the man in the face (and I've never punched anyone ever, only been punched, sympathy please).

Actually I did punch the odd person in my brief experience of martial arts, but they were trying to punch me at the same time and we had gloves on so not the same.

I never believed in punching anyone  -   not if I had a stout pair of boots on.

1 hour ago, johnh said:

I never believed in punching anyone  -   not if I had a stout pair of boots on.

Was my go to the 2 times I got jumped! In the words of the great Sam Vimes “if it means you get to fight another day, fight dirty”