IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

That's all his account of it though so can't really be taken as gospel, fact was he went out with a concealed knife and used it...after initially saying he stabbed the guy with the pen he was signing the bill with.  

His account which a jury accepted and that the “victim” said he didn’t realise he’d been cut. 
Stupid of him to say the pen thing though. Should’ve just admitted to having the knife for self defence (famous person in the US, don’t really blame him. At least it wasn’t a gun!). If someone tried that shit with C, there’d be bedlam. 

15 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Great news! I got an email telling me about a **GUARANTEED MONEY SYSTEM**.

Apparently I'm going to be a millionaire in just six days, money worries are over:jumpforjoy:

they are sorting through the paperwork for me, i will finally be recognized as a prince of nigeria once it goes through.  the money tree will bloom

This made me laugh, a woman posting on Facebook (in a group about the town I grew up in, which is how I saw it)...

"Not sure what the celebration is maybe for the Coronation. My father is in the post so would have been mid 1950’s"

One of the pictures she posted of mystery celebration, look out for the clue, possibly hard to spot:huh:

Capture.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a gas powered pizza oven.... Ooni Koda 16 cost £400 - should have been £500 but it had a missprice. 

Absolutely amazing. The pizza quality is off the scale - made my own dough and produced restaurant quality pizzas in under 2 minutes.  The temperature got up to 460c even in the freezing cold.

Did a garlic bread for my oldest son and he loved it, the pizzas were so good.

Gonna be a great thing for the summer nights as we will no doubt be limited to what we can do. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Bought a gas powered pizza oven.... Ooni Koda 16 cost £400 - should have been £500 but it had a missprice. 

Absolutely amazing. The pizza quality is off the scale - made my own dough and produced restaurant quality pizzas in under 2 minutes.  The temperature got up to 460c even in the freezing cold.

Gonna be a great thing for the summer nights as we will no doubt be limited to what we can do. 

I can feel the weight piling on 😂

20 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I bought a pizza stone and peel at Christmas, makes a huge difference when you’re cooking from scratch. Once we’re finally allowed to buy a place, I’m getting an outdoor pizza oven for sure :) 

23 hours ago, Matt said:

I bought a pizza stone and peel at Christmas, makes a huge difference when you’re cooking from scratch. Once we’re finally allowed to buy a place, I’m getting an outdoor pizza oven for sure :) 

The temperature is off the scale.  It's mad, literally it's like watching sky on fast forward..... I made a mess of mine yesterday as it got stuck to the peel... I folded it over itself and made a calzone. Honestly it was incredible. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

The temperature is off the scale.  It's mad, literally it's like watching sky on fast forward..... I made a mess of mine yesterday as it got stuck to the peel... I folded it over itself and made a calzone. Honestly it was incredible. 

Yeah, the peel work is so much harder than it looks. Good save though!

The couple have learned a "good fair bit" of the language as it was "really important to our culture and our heritage," Ms Norman said.

"We just really wanted an authentic Cornish wedding and part of that would be incorporating the language.

"So we can a little bit, but not fully," she added.

I'd have more sympathy if they could even speak the language themselves. 

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

@Cornish Steve's head will fall off:(

This is typical suppression, a continuation of English policy for centuries.

1) The English sparked a rebellion by instituting the Book of Common Prayer. Why? Prior to that, church services were held in Latin across the country. Then the English forced churches to use the BCP in English, a language unknown to most of the Cornish. We didn't rebel against the BCP per se but against being forced to hold all services in English.

2) In the 18th and even 19th century (the myth about Dolly Pentreath being the last native speaker is false; even in the 19th century, Cornish was spoken in some places), the English made it illegal to use the Cornish language in schools. At a more practical level, families were told it was "common" to speak Cornish, so more and more shifted to English. It killed our language, and today it's a dead language.

3) With the help of Europe, the Cornish were recognized as an official minority. More and more signs - road signs, hospital signs, police stations,etc. - have become bilingual, and the next step would be to hold classes in school or college in Cornish. As a nation, we're serious about reclaiming our language, because identity is closely linked to language.

So this decision is typical heavy-handed and oppressive English behavior. It demonstrates disdain for our culture and language. It's a power play, with the English declaring they are the only acceptable culture. Let them try enforcing a decision like this in Wales! And what's the difference?