IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

Always have a little regret not doing go-karting. I chose football over it (and swimming) and whilst I loved my football I'd love to have a crack around the go-kart circuit to see how fast I am. There is a racing track which is a five minute walk from my house (you can hear the cars/bikes going round when there is a race) and I regularly watch the races if I'm out walking the dog.

I'm guessing that Josh does this thing regular Mike?

No Zoo...we were just going to watch. I did it quite a bit as a kid (although I never owned a kart)...Josh had a go at a track on holiday last year and loved it and I've just found out that the track 10 odd miles from us does hire karts...it never used to. So we were going to watch today, have a go next week and see how he gets on. Bit old to start now but it should be a bit of fun.

370cc karts so quite rapid and a very decent track.

http://www.mansellra...ages/racing.htm

Had a bit of a 'Matt moment' yesterday, me and a friend were in Birmingham, some people in the street dressed in human bunny costumes doing some arty farty dance crap, then me an my mate stood in absolute awe as one of them took off her mask, then procceeded to shake her hair down like something off a hair advert and christ, i hav'nt seen such a fine female for a long time, so we gave them £10 for their efforts and spent the journey back to sussex talking about 'The girl in the bunny costume' well that was until we ran out of petrol an hour from home rofl.gif

@ Mike;

Here is the one that's next door to me (http://www.three-sisters.co.uk/) I walk my dog through the trees that's around it and it's a really nice circuit. Good luck to Josh when he does get to have a go, it's been ages since I've been behind the wheel of one (think it was for my mates 16th birthday) at an indoor circuit that has now been transformed into a roller-rink. I too loved it so good luck to him when he has his first race.

I'm guessing it's called Mansell after Nigel?

I'm guessing it's called Mansell after Nigel?

Run by his kids....though when I went up there to have a look last week neither of them were there so I don't know how involved they are day to day.

Looks a good track near you....bit pricey though.

I usually can't stand travel by bus (usually) actually, organized coach journeys aren't so bad, unless you get stuck with people you don't like, but everyone just seems to keep themselves to themselves whenever we go. There may be some odd types on board but they usually sit up the front and we don't see what they get up to.

Did the karting yesterday....f'king ace! Just did ten minutes to get a taste...got my laptime down to 47.6 against a lap record of 41.7 so I need to work at ittongue.png . Josh found the power a bit difficult at first but got down to a 50.1 by the end so not far off.

Was seriously addictive....think a lot of my disposable income could be spoken for!

100_5189.jpg

100_5194.jpg

nice man! did your arms really hurt afterwards? I love karting, just nowhere nearby to do it sad.png

Was OK actually but it was only ten minutes. Last time I did it a few years back on Guernsey I did twenty and my arms were OK but it took layers of skin off my coccyxunsure.png . I tense up a bit too much and tend to lean round corners....really need to concentrate on relaxing physically.

We'll see where it goes Jaime....Josh was blown away by it, be great it he showed some abilitysmile.png .

Was OK actually but it was only ten minutes. Last time I did it a few years back on Guernsey I did twenty and my arms were OK but it took layers of skin off my coccyxunsure.png . I tense up a bit too much and tend to lean round corners....really need to concentrate on relaxing physically.

We'll see where it goes Jaime....Josh was blown away by it, be great it he showed some abilitysmile.png .

ah! i did a 1hr race, couldnt pick up my pint afterwards! Last one i did I won the competition, but nearly killed someone as they cut infront of me on a corner. Just as well they were leaning forward otherwise wouldve taken his head off.

Didn't know where else to put it but today is the 28th anniversary of the Watford FA Cup Final win in 1984, which of course was a Saturday too, proper competition at the time, played at the end of season and at the 3 o clock start, nothing like the fucking nonsense they see fit to impose these days. dry.png

No, I wasn't there, I was in New York on the day in question, so let's get that out the way etc etc shaking fist.png

But it was still today, 28 years ago..

The start of the success, even though short lived..

http://www.thefa.com/Competitions/FACompetitions/TheFACup/History/HistoryOfTheFACup/1984EvertonWatford